I want more LGBTQ representation in wow

but what are fighting against? a lesbian Couple with phallic shaped object weapons or some guy who says Gay people should burn in hell like what even?

2 Likes

We play wow to get away from the daily politics and cultural issues, so no. Halloween isnā€™t a political or social issue which causes division and strife, anymore than Valentines or Easter or any other holiday. ā€œPride Monthā€ does because not all of us think people need to have a month to celebrate their sexuality. Keep it out of wow.

6 Likes

The point is representation not comparison but I think you know that and are being disingenuous. Once again you are failing to grasp the point because, obviously, if you can play dumb (or maybe you arenā€™t playing) you donā€™t have to consider the actual argument here.

Oh Iā€™m well aware of the point youā€™re trying and failing to make. Itā€™s just weak, hypocritical, and I didnā€™t feel like me addressing it further would add anything to the discussion. You donā€™t think LGBT representation has anything to do with the game because you are wearing horse blinders, probably by choice. You made a disturbing comparison that gave us a glimpse of whatā€™s under that mask of yours. And then you finished off with a thought-terminating cliche as a conclusion that went completely unsubstantiated by the argument that proceeded it.

Thereā€™s nothing meriting further discussion thereā€¦ except perhaps the comparison you made. Whether you intended to or not, you still made it.

What I was attempting to do was give you a chance to privately reflect upon how horrible the comparison you made was, however if you would prefer to explain to ME why you made that comparison, I suppose Iā€™m willing to listen. Though I donā€™t believe that would be particularly helpful for anyone.

1 Like

No, itā€™s not ā€˜forced on you in lifeā€™ or at all. Wanna know what is though? Heternormativity. Itā€™s also ironic that youā€™re on Proudmoore, which I assume you rolled there just to mess with LGBTQ+ people in general as many people that post similar things to you do. People existing is not being ā€˜forced upon youā€™ or anything else. You couldā€™ve avoided this thread completely, especially given your low post count. But you chose not to. No one forced it upon you, either. Thereā€™s a reason people like yourself just seek out these threads and post in them without talking about the game much itself on the forums.

Youā€™re responding to someone in a literal 4chan guild, so thereā€™s thatā€¦

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why youā€™re in this thread posting on multiple characters to make your ā€˜opinionā€™ feel more valid, Lenar.

Ah, Horde Moon Guard. Thatā€™ll do it.

Check their guild name, btw. Oddly enough, the people so ā€˜againstā€™ LGBTQ+ for ā€˜donā€™t talk about such things in this gameā€™ do tend to have names relating to something like that in general, or pet namesā€¦ Or love those references and hated them getting scrubbed from the game previously.

Tell that to the game writers who featured a new patch around thralls wedding with an entire questline, and continued showing them off for a while. Tell that to the Steamy Romance novels in the game, too.

Then why are you so angry about something being included in it?

The cis het group trying to fit everyone into a heteronormative box? The people that either visit the forums when stuff like this is posted or swap to low post alts to make comments like this?

Consider taking your own advice instead of seeking out threads you donā€™t like just to mess with them, given this is your first forum post.

Probably because they never had to fight for their own rights in regards to that, you should probably find out how said pride parades even started.

Yes Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why thereā€™s a bunch of laws going into effect in quite a few states that contradict your statement and prove you wrong.

Which parts, exactly? Usually itā€™s up to the parents on what they want shown to their kids, much like those that choose to take their kids to Hooters, Beaches, etc. I will add, if youā€™ve never been and are just going off of articles online you were probably shown images from another event.

1 Like

Uhā€” ā€¦Uhhhhā€¦

Who is this ā€œ4-chanā€? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No itā€™s notā€¦ what are you talking about?
Also, this reply doesnā€™t answer my questions. So get off your high horse and take a walk.

Yes, it is?

Can say the same thing about every main character being shown to have a SO, kids, and so forth? So essentially you want tons of ā€˜main charactersā€™ revealed to have SOā€™s gone from the lore and killing tons of other lore with it.

Thanks for ā€œgiving me a chanceā€. Let me know once you come down off your soap box and are willing to engage in a civil conversation.

A shirtless tauren ready for some Goldhshire erp.

No. Leave politics out of wow.

2 Likes

Never wanted to infinity heart a commentā€¦until now :slight_smile:

Not coincidence, selection bias. The early novels by Knaak were all about his self insert Rhonin Redhaired and his wife Vereesa Windrunner. Tyrande and Malfurion also feature heavily in these novels. And thereā€™s one about Turalyon and Alleria. Three couples out of hundreds of characters, which is why you only see these phrases come up about 100 times over ten thousand pages of text. Of course thereā€™s also a recent novel about Flynn and Shaw, but that wonā€™t meet your criteria because theyā€™re NOT MARRIED.

:roll_eyes:

I didnā€™t find the comparison you made earlier very "civil"ized. Do you think youā€™re capable of handling a civil conversation about why you made it?

Depends on if there are any short jokesā€¦

I donā€™t think LGBTQ+ representation should be political lol.

4 Likes

People make it that way sadly.

Wish people would understand that we are on this earth to love each other and to try and support each otherā€¦ not fight over stuff.

2 Likes

well it is

So I normally avoid these types of threads like the plague, I just donā€™t think any good comes from them.

BUT after so many people trying so hard with ā€œWe need more LGBTQ in gameā€ postsā€¦

Iā€™m really being serious here, for my own curiousity if nothing else, I swear this isnā€™t a troll or a bait topic or anything like that. I really want to know something.

So WoW is MMORPG game ā€“ just like the standard formula for any game in the genre its core play is based on you create a character of a class you prefer that class has different abilities and features, you then basically quest and adventure ā€“ with the point being to forever improve your characterā€¦get better gear, better skills, more features, etc. etc.

So then to everyone out there regardless of your gender identity your sexual prefrence or whatever else ā€“ How does a dev of such a game grant your wishes?

Its not the SIMS, its a fantasy MMORPG. Its not the genre of game where you make out with other characters or have sex with them and what not. The focus is supposed to be on adventuring, doing instances, raids, questing, etc. etc.

So do you want the devs to give some kind of appearance options for outfits and makeup and such to help you represent your persona in game? Are you wanting lore stories that Jaina made out with Sylvanas? (just an example, relax peopleā€¦relax).

I mean Iā€™m a straight dude. I donā€™t care if the lore says someone is gay or transgendered (just not someone thatā€™s already establishedā€¦simply because that would be stupidā€¦you go 20 years in a game with lore on a character and then BOOM SURPRISE!!! ā€¦but on NEW characters fineā€¦) But I donā€™t want your wishes granted if you want to see NPCS making out in the game , its not that kind of game.

1 Like

A lot of the threads that pop up are honestly troll threads by a select few. Thereā€™s a megathread that goes over some stuff.

From my understanding, itā€™s like the arden questline, pelegos, chromie or Shaw. Doesnā€™t always have to go to making out or anything like that.

To me it would be writing it isnā€™t in a way to where it doesnā€™t make sense. Like I get people not revealing things for 20+ years I get that. Thereā€™s things about some characters we wouldnā€™t know unless it was in a book (which I wish it was all in game instead of having separate books but thatā€™s beside the point).

I donā€™t think thereā€™s been a single npc in the entire game that has visually kissed. I think thereā€™s a questline where a vulpera kisses someone on the cheek and of course the romance books (although I think those were cut off before anything goes into detail).

2 Likes