I want more LGBTQ representation in wow

Blockbuster had a similar service though! They had Blockbuster Total Access, which was their ripoff of Netflix. People just don’t remember it because it didn’t last. They even had their own streaming service but people preferred Netflix, probably because of all the LGBT content!

Rude lol, does 36 count as old? I suppose it’s relative, anyone in their 20’s would say yes.

MCU basically had a huge reset after Endgame since that was well, the end of the original plot. I haven’t minded a lot of the new shows, granted I don’t watch the disney+ shows so I wouldn’t know about this drama:

I do know she was Muslim in the video game recently released though. Didn’t hear any grumblings about any of that from my circle.

Netflix has hardly any LGBTQ+ content. It’s mostly gay content. Which is fair, because there is less of a market for lesbians/trans content as opposed to gay content.

One of their first huge hits, OITNB, had plenty of lesbian content inside of the show. Did you not watch sense8? That show was so good until it was cancelled :cry:

You’ve my full attention.

1 Like

For a thread about symbolism, this sure is a colorful thread with vibrant takes… I need more coffee.

How is it an asinine view? Do you seek to be represented in the game or do you seek to be OVER represented in the game? Seems like you want to be over represented in the game to soothe some problem you have.

They were slow introducing it. And Netflix was entrenched. Once a company has name recognition like that it’s hard to beat them. Think you could start a company today and compete with Amazon? Good luck.

We are talking less than 8% of the US population. You don’t have that much power, except as far as the media is concerned.

1 Like

Two faces of the same coin. :popcorn:

I’m mostly talking about a long time ago; I don’t remember Blockbuster having an LGBT section on their website but I do remember finding it remarkable that Netflix did, and this was at some point in the mid-to-late 2000s, when even the most liberal states were voting down gay marriage referendums, etc. I didn’t watch any of it because I shared an account with my family and didn’t want them to figure out I was gay, plus I wasn’t super interested in any of the shows/movies offered, but I thought it was neat.

I’m not sure what content is available right now because I still share the same account with my family but I forgot the password and am not motivated to go find it, but whatever they have, it’s probably more than what Disney+ has

From a lot of the takes I’ve seen on twitter, it’s definitely over representation that is being sought out. A lot of the twitter folks would prefer a world where no straight white people were in any shows at all. It’s not one off either; the comments I have doom scrolled some nights are wild to see.

I don’t get the inclusion folks who also want to exclude.

3 Likes

I’m perfectly represented in the game. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think there should be more LGBTQ+ characters.

If folks are offended by LGBTQ+ folks, that’s their own problem.

Pandering is an issue when it comes to politics, while the points might have validity, they often lack truth.

From where I am sitting, I see both sides arguing extremes of the same argument, usually involving exclusion of Group X,Y,Z, or over inclusion of X,Y,Z, due to the numerical obsession.

It becomes less about tolerating a section of society desiring more of their own content, and more about pushing each other’s content out of it entirely.

Politicians eat this crap up three times a day, all year round.

Absolutely. I was arguing in this thread yesterday that there is room for BOTH to exist. Within the same room. I would argue it’s a necessity for both to not only exist but thrive. Variety is good.

While I agree, I have contemplated if any representation is necessary at all in a game, and excluding everyone to simply avoid the issue entirely. These types of threads, usually started by trolls, almost always results in fighting, it just doesn’t look good on the community. If I was someone who cared as much about my identity, this thread would be a massive turn off, and probably why a lot of people got tired of the game, aside from actual game design issues.

Even the CEO of Netflix said Blockbuster was well positioned to kill Netflix with Total Access; Netflix wasn’t that big when Total Access launched. Also in many ways Total Access was just a better deal because you could return your DVDs in store, and Netflix didn’t even have any stores. Maybe the reason Blockbuster failed is that their website did not have an LGBT section!

If we have that much power then why can’t we get Blizzard to just admit Anduin and Wrathion are gay?! Why are there like no gay MCU heroes?!

Anduin isn’t gay because the writers already said he liked Draenei women. Retconning for inclusivity is the wrong way (in my opinion) to do it.

They should take a character with very little established background and expand their backstory, by having them be gay.

2 Likes

I wanted BMW level trolling, and instead, we get Fisher Price toy cars. 0/10

This is pretty simple. Most of the characters created in the MCU were from older characters that are pre-established. That doesn’t mean there shouldn’t* (edit meant shouldn’t not should) -be- any LGBT super heroes.

Also, isn’t the new character from the doctor strange movie LGBT? America? Or am I mistaken?

I know you mentioned MCU, but Harley Quinn is bisexual and that’s canon.

4 Likes