I want a choice to follow Tyrande/Genn

The cinematics were cool and all but I dont care about the Horde and their politics. I dont care to save them from themselves again. I dont want to be friends with orcs and forsaken as a worgen player. I would have liked to attack while they were down. I want an option to side with the Alliance leaders who would likely refuse to join hands with the Horde due to the atrocities they have committed. Most of all I guess I would just like the Alliance to actually matter and not just be there to support the horde’s storyline.

Remember Varian’s warning to the horde about upholding honor? “We will end you.”

Yeah they have kinda failed at that and I would like to have the option to remember that and not be forced into just being a background prompt for the next horde cinematic.

47 Likes

I would of liked that also.

I don’t think we need to make Anduin a bad guy just 'cause, but would be cool to see the Alliance not be so ‘good’.

Hard to hate you guys when you really don’t do anything to deserve it.

9 Likes

I feel like Tyrande and maybe Genn could actually be morally grey characters and not just a meme.

8 Likes

I don’t need you to be morally gray.

I need you to eat bloodelf children to absorb their magic powers or something.

You guys getting revenge wouldn’t even upset me at this point, need some chaotic evil choices like the horde has been doing.

9 Likes

If they make out Tyrande to be some kind of vengeance crazed lunatic for daring to oppose the Horde that murdered her entire species, I’m going full #TeamNzoth

20 Likes

You do have that choice. Keep playing Alliance.

The writers will mess up Tyrande

It’s almost guaranteed

19 Likes

I kinda need them to go over the top at this point though.

I get you want her actions to be perceived as just, but we wanted that for Slyvanas too.

I need a reason to hate the alliance again. Tyrande is a great opportunity. She has the motive, she just needs to take it too far.

2 Likes

I disagree. It’s bad enough that they turned Sylvanas from a seedy, unscrupulous schemer into a full-blown moustache twirling supervillain. They don’t need to assassinate Tyrande’s character into this over the top maniac for the sake of driving conflict. There’s conflict aplenty there already for perfectly valid, in-character reasons.

3 Likes

I agree. I don’t want Tyrande’s character to go off the rails–though I do hope she and the Nelfs get some actual retribution for Teldrassil.

3 Likes

How far is she allowed to go then? Eye for an eye has her killing innocents.

That’s good enough for me I guess.

But I still think Garrosh was awesome, so I don’t know if I get to cast a vote.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with liking the story Blizzard’s telling–if it suits your tastes, that’s cool. Personally, I haven’t liked what they’ve done to Sylvanas’s character or the Horde in BfA, especially as a druid main (I have 4-5 druids).

Watching Teldrassil burn out of mere spite–not out of a brilliant tactic or strategy–felt like a wasted moment. So, I suppose the TL;DR here is that I’m not against Tyrande making a big, splashy move, I just want a stronger, smarter rationale behind it?

1 Like

She wanted to burn the tree from the start, and making it look like she did so in a childish fit of rage because she told Saurfang to do something she knew he wouldnt was a brilliant tactic.

“No I didnt want to commit genocide, I had to!”

She’s made it very clear she wants as much death as possible. Destroying Teldrassil furthered that goal.

2 Likes

Wasn’t why it was burned, but do go on.

I disagree on the brilliance of the move–there’s nothing brilliant about acting childish, it’s just poor writing.

Because it disguised her actual motive of intending to burn the tree all along. If you make it seem like you have to do it in retaliation because someone didnt follow the plan, it seems more justifiable than just genocide for no reason.

1 Like

It was more of a, oh I can’t kill hope can I?
And she did.
She killed it so bad for the NE that Tyrande performed a forbidden ritual as a means for revenge.

1 Like

No, the plan was to occupy it and cut the Alliance off from Kalimdor (apparently she forgot mages exist).

If she wanted to disguise her motive, a better way of doing it would be to put the Nelves in such an impossible situation that they were forced to burn the tree themselves. Or to position her enemies so deftly, that Saurfang was killed in an impossible battle with Malfurion, and using his death to whip the Horde soliders into a frenzy.

There were far better (cooler) ways to do this, but Blizzard just picked the laziest one. And it’s genocide either way.

The NE would never commit to destroying their own home unless it was to save the world.

1 Like