I think there should be a group size slider for all content

Not all current content can be scaled like that. I mean how do you think a rogue (for example) would solo the current mythic raid? What are we just going to throw all the mechanics out the window because he can’t find a guild to raid with? And a 40 man mythic+ run, are you serious?

Thats fine. Its not an MMORPG.

Yes. That is my point. You are suggesting reliving old stories. I am suggesting we should focus on new ones unfolding.

Obviously you just remove all mechanics. Lower boss damage to a trivial level.

Because this makes sense.

1 Like

Rogues actually are better at soloing now than they were in the past. Crimson Vial plus some powerful defensive CD’s for big hits, in the form of Elusion for Sub/Sin and Riposte for Outlaw.

Doesn’t change what was asked.

In order for classes to solo things boss damage would have to be trivial and nearly all mechanics removed.

I agree here, I think raids would not be a good candidate for this type of scaling but I believe that dungeon content would a great feature.

The AI in Comp Stomp/Islands, but improved, could be useful for negating mechanic loss if your vision is true. And it very well could be. It was discussed earlier when Yosomchei mentioned Sora’s death.

So make it into an LFR version of LFR :slight_smile:

That makes no sense what so ever. The AI of mobs in a bot PVP environment could be improved so that when you fight a single raid boss its more difficult?

I’d look it up, but at this point I am not confident its worth the time.

So you don’t actually want solo content, you just don’t want to play with other players. Instead a raid of 39 bots + you.

Setting up the AI party members in Guild Wars 1 was a lot of fun.

1 Like

That could work too.

Again, raids would not be a good candidate for AI’s imo. But could be good in 5man content, below M+, where they fill scarce roles.

1 Like

Like Tanks/Healers. Especially Tanks.

I wish they’d just give us some more options for mythic raiding. Understandably they want to use fixed sizes rather than flex to mitigate the number of cheese strats that are possible but why not add a few alternatives?

They could manually tune for a 10 man, 20 man (so existing line-ups aren’t hurt, although they could always recruit more), and 25 man.

1 Like

AI bots would not be a good candidate for anything challenging.

AI bots are typically reserved for trivial content or when a game is on its last leg of dying.

I could see the system working for some 5 man content but it wouldn’t be able to reach the same levels as an all player group. The AI just are not that flexible enough to replace players at a certain point.

Velen may have been a terrible healer, but he helped you out in the Tank challenge.

The quad squad in the Healer challenge also brings similar sentiment.

Good luck with AI tanks. Need them to position something, well better luck next time :slight_smile: Want them to pull something back to a certain position and fight there, not a chance in hell. AI tank would probably be the worst possible option you could pick.

1 Like

And the challenges only worked because they were designed to be different for each role in an attempt to make them challenging.

They weren’t the same exact fight for everyone.

If you want to reference the mage tower challenges on the “proper” way to do things for solo content, I can only imagine that means you want 5 or 6 different variations of every raid so each spec can adequately participate. Thats a ton of extra work that will have the effect of a ton less over all content.