I think there should be a group size slider for all content

I don’t think this works for raids any more than they already scale, but mythic dungeons could scale from 3-6 people fairly easily.

That would muck around with the esport thing they’ve got going on, though - but I figure they could just have categories or set them all to default 5-person.

1 Like

I like that sentiment.

Like in the AWC, you have set default teams. But in regular Arena, you have a flexible group size.

Not true, more people or roles could also add abilities to mobs and bosses. And could also increase the rewards for grouping.

1 Like

Like in Visions, and potentially Torghast.

Thank you for agreeing with me that not only are your not forced to make your own group to participate in content, but there is non group content available in WoW.

I know that.

You can’t put mechanics for 20 different people in a fight that scales down to 1 person.

You can only put mechanics in the fight that every single class/spec can accomplish.

Therefor, you have to remove mechanics and tuning from your creative pool and simplify things.

Because I am telling you it will hurt the game for people like me.

It only varies because you seem to think your view point is more important than anyone elses.

That isn’t how scaling in WoW works.

And all that means is people would find the new “meta”. If doing it solo because all the mechanics are removed is easiest, people will now be “forced” to solo the content.

Most of the idea is actually just a change of scenery from “N’zoth threw up on Orgrimmar/Stormwind” in BFA, and “Icecrown Citadel but larger” in Shadowlands. But I like where Natami is going.

Again, I don’t know. Only Blizzard does. The idea is in paper and not implemented.

Ah, I see. Again, only time will tell about the stone.

Not necessarily. I’m just an average Joe.

Maybe Blizzard shouldn’t really attune itself to the meta when it comes to balancing. This is how a lot of specs get nerfed to the ground.

Yet you keep to implying your opinion is “in stone” or something, and my opinion is just on paper. And I could be wrong.

But we shouldn’t doubt your opinion.

No it isn’t.

You seem to have this over all goal of not wanting anyone to disagree with anything, despite there being clear holes in your suggestion.

Lot of debate dragging down the good point here that the game could use more duo or trio content that rewards gear. Islands don’t drop gear and it feels very spiteful.

1 Like

That is based on how it’s currently implemented. There will always be some meta that people will try to min/max, whether it’s always bring a priest, DH are best tanks, or easiest is solo. If you scale dungeons for one to five players, add abilities for more players and scale for more players, and add rewards for groups then solo might be easiest but the rewards will be better if grouped. In that scenario, there will be groups who want the best rewards for that content, and there will be others that just want to run the content and are happy with the lower rewards without having to get a group.

1 Like

You can already run the content just to see it for lower rewards in the queue system.

Ah, opposite. It’s in paper. If Blizzard made it, it’s in stone. Both of our opinions are on paper. I should have clarified that, sorry.

I’m glad you doubt it, it does create valid feedback. No sarcasm.

Actually I’m open for disagreement. There are holes, yes. That’s where I trust Blizzard.

I’m sorry about that also, and need to clarify further.

I mean. Any disagreement is met with “well we dont know that, trust Blizzard can do what I am saying”.

Which groups you with a bunch of randoms, who don’t interact much and if they do then often it’s a negative experience.

1 Like

It could be more so 10.0 or beyond continues the current system. That’s fine by me too.

It’s just theory as of now.

So you are queued into a group of people that don’t interact?

Sounds no different than a solo experience.

My suggestion is keep content varied. Don’t limit it to one type.

We have our raid content.

We have our group content.

We have our solo content.

We have our flex content.

We don’t need to make everything flex content. This allows everyone to have a form of content they enjoy.

The motive for harder difficulties beyond the queue is similar to Torghast. I agree with you there.

The idea boils down to an ESO-esque change of scenery in what content you do. I could raid Caverns of Time: End Time, if I wanted to. Muruzond would be an epic encounter.

It could also bring about the return to usefulness of older items, like Deathbringer’s Will from ICC.

And I don’t see the need for the “change of scenery” and dont think old items need to be relevant again.

WoW should be about making new content. Pushing forward. Not worrying about balancing gear from a decade ago.

You missed the part about negative interactions…Also, especially for DPS, it could be a potential band-aid for long queue times.

1 Like

Diablo 3 does that just fine, actually, since Reaper of Souls.

Cataclysm is old now. But when it was new, people wanted to see what new stories unfolded.

That is one of my goals with this idea, actually.