I think I'm going to cry

It’s too late for SL, but this is the design they’ve been leaning on to keep people active in game since Legion, if not earlier. And it’s why I don’t think modern Blizzard is a good company nor modern WoW is particularly worth the time it takes to actually finish content - regardless of if it’s a grind or not.

I didn’t say you had to do it, I’m saying it’s stupid that what was once on the item is a grind now.

Yea, they all required flying, so some people didn’t know there were there so soon, we had to summon people still halfway through TBC lol.

Oh yeah. Back in the day, dailies (especially in 2.4) were one of the ways people kept a steady amount of gold to sustain regular play. People who knew what they were doing had way, way more gold and could fly very early - but those were so rare that I recall not getting an epic mount for a long time despite being active, as I’m terrible with gold.

Classic is nuts though. It’s normal for people to have an epic mount easily after hitting 60.

The AH prices are inflated to hell and back on classic. Plus aoe grinding is a lot more prevalent now than in vanilla.

Cause I played wrath.

And I remember doing tons of dailies (I had all of em maxed and got quite a few agent tourney awards as well) and I still had time to play multiple alts, pvp and even raid a bit.

And it was fun!

The grind for the last few expansions makes it impossible to keep your alts at a competitive level. And feels meaningless in comparison.

1 Like

I know, as people know what to farm and how to do it, it’s the same with the far higher average gear level.

I wouldn’t really call it inflated though. I don’t even really play outside raid night (focused on other games) and I can still afford the consumes ignoring the flasks. Gold is far, far more plentiful which is why it costs more, and more people are using consumables.

I found the wrath dailies to be too much.

Its all been a fight between desire to play some games and minimising the grind since then.

The confluence now between skills/performance and repetition could be considered to be analogous to the requirements for oils/stones.

There were quite a few Wrath dailies, but they weren’t required past a certain rep point as far as I remember? It was mostly for the rep and the rewards, but weren’t needed past a certain point - but they were a nice influx of gold for casual players.

I like dailies honestly, I like having things to work on every day lol.

Can’t raid or do M+ every single day, so might as well have something to do that can progress your character when you long on.

2 Likes

If you only played one character you only needed like… honored or revered? Exalted you got account wide enchants? IIRC?

…I honestly forgot about how that’s where you got them.

Honestly the rep from dailies is nice - in Classic, for ZG, you need to either spend gold on coins and bijous or you need to wait until you can do enough ZGs to hit Exalted. And don’t get me started on Brood of Nozdormu. I started AQ about two weeks late and was way behind.

There were honored versions and better exalted versions.

and you’re right, exalted were BoA, honored were not.

I think it started off different that, getting mixed sources, apparently revered were the good enchants and exalted were the boa ones but not off the bat? Idk, it’s so messy trying to find things from back then.

1 Like

Memory agrees with you. There was much ty’s in the forums over the bind on account change

Or on dead realms there is no economy.

I knew dead realms were going to be a problem over there, when we started we stayed on stalagg even through the 8 hour queues knowing we needed population. Granted the raiding was so BORING that we quit anyway lol.

A little advance planning could have gone a long way toward population and faction balance.

I fear that with all the systems and various grinds associated, by 9.1 we’ll be longing for the simpler days of just grinding endless AP.

People were always going to flock to servers they knew were populated, i don’t think even having more servers off the bat could have helped THAT much, just some

This is made more evident by just how many other games they try to cram into it to make it keep people playing. Hell, Torghast is just Slay the spire/Rogue legacy/ -insert roguelike here-.

they have absolutely zero confidence in the actual game wow is supposed to be.

4 Likes