I think I'm going to cry

Blizzard is the fun police at this point.
Oh wait, they’ve been that for who knows how long now?

I bet Shadowlands is their way of telling their players to go to hell. Since it’s literally Warcraft hell and all.

Classic is a completely different game in my opinion it had one system. Run dungeons and raids for gear.

Retail has so many systems you cant just have that one piece of gear be the strongest. You have Arena gear, M+, Raids, Visions, WQs. Its not the same game and never will be. They have to balance all of these systems and gear to make it applicable for everyone.

Its not dangling anything above peoples heads. You don’t have to play the content you don’t have to farm the content. Like I have said just play the game you will eventually get what you need. If you arent a top 100 raider then there really isn’t a point for you to farm this stuff to min/max.

You are all making it less enjoyable by thinking you have to farm all this for it to be fun. I haven’t farmed anything and I got CE in two tiers. I have completed my 5 masks got pathfinder etc and I didn’t sit and farm and farm.

I dont understand why the people who are complaining even play this game. How do you have fun playing this when you say this game makes it unfun for you or the devs are out to get you by making things less enjoyable or “hell” go play other games lol

1 Like

Hahahaha this is me basically… I randomly look at the forums and have no idea about the kind of content is supposed to be in SL.

Same goes with people being unhappy with a specific covenant, I just think to myself: “I’ll just pick whichever one I like the look of”
xD

1 Like

Correct, and it also had some of the most infamous grinds - like the horrendous and unhealthy R14 grind, which was the best gear you could get in many slots (and for weapons) until AQ40.

It wasn’t perfect, but grinds shouldn’t be the type to potentially get an upgrade or a socket or anything like that. It’s just bad design by making people grind for power, rather than for specific things where the grind ends.

So they make a system that requires people to grind for sockets - thus improving their gear further? I’m assuming it’s a PvE grind?

It’s an attempt to coerce players into doing it by dangling a bonus which used to be on the item already.

I would, there’s no way I’d care to grind the Maw. I’m arguing about the bad design - not partaking in it doesn’t mean that it’s suddenly not bad design, especially when one of the biggest reasons I won’t be is because it’s bad design.

2 Likes

But will it be? Or will it be like 8.3 where it was immediately apparent that it was not being accepted by the playerbase anywhere near as expected, and increasingly players just stopped doing it and unsubbed.

Failing to give players options in the game doesn’t mean that they have no choices.

1 Like

So this will be like uldum and vale dailies for corruption ? I hope not.

2 Likes

Except that the quests will be few and far between. You’ll have to look for them, and when you find them they’ll take longer to complete.

I’m not angry like everyone else about this but really… Why couldn’t they focus more on fun repeatable content with higher tiers of reward or more pvp content?

Logging in for your job dailies might look good to investors but it’s killing the game.

Idk we can argue for days lol. You have made good points, they arent gonna change the system but I don’t think its that bad of a design but it does make it seem like you “have to do it”

I

Yes exactly.

Its funny looking back. Everyone cheered at blizzcon when they said no more AP.

They just find a way to re flair the same grinds.

4 Likes

99% of people aren’t going to be sitting out there grinding sockets.

Its been the same since wrath.

if it be dailies, reps, dungeon drops, pre bis, bis, mounts, achievements, pets, xmogs, gold.

Its all the same gameplay.

Hello I am resource!
Find me!

Don’t mean TBC? That’s when dailies started lol

Stygia is your new Corrupted Mementos currency as far as I understand. You’ll be buying gem slot upgrades with it.

:slight_smile: aye they did, but wrath took it from the beggining to the end

BC just had them at the end, unless you count the PvP world targets.

They know that enough players will give them a pass on this.

The ol’ if you can’t make it fun make it mandatory approach.

3 Likes

Not true, TBC had them in early on, 2.1.0 actually.

Ogri’la, the skyguard, netherwing had some.

Trying to call where in wrath we had to do dailies (like Uldum and vale) to get a resource (coalescing visions) to buy another (horrific vessel) to run a content (horrific visions) to get another resource (corrupted mementos) in order to run that content again, in order to get items?

Also what was the artifact/azerite/stygia/anima grind in wrath?

4 Likes

Can you remind me which ones?

I recall the quel’danas quests arriving as the switch over point for the income generated from dailies. I think the fishing ones showed up around then, or I did not notice them.

Ah, forgot. ty