I tested out the HOJ triple swing bug

double trinket macros + spell batching say hello

hurrrrr durrrrr no changes bruh

1 Like

This is the most abused ā€œargumentā€ to defend new game-breaking exploits / bugs that blizzard introduced with classic.

It goes like this:

Classic has some sort of exploit / abusable mechanic NOT available in Vanilla. Aka a change.

People abuse that exploit and then say ā€œno changes!ā€ To people seeking to break the exploit and make the game more like true vanilla.

Doing that in raids now if RNG smiles on me.

That was ridiculously staged.

of course it was but by no means was the talent and itā€™s interaction with spell batching considered bug abuse as suggested by ā€œothersā€ in this thread lol

I really want you to explain to me how it is not an abuse of game mechanics. Please, Iā€™m listening, Iā€™m trying to be open-minded in this. Just explain how gaining an extra attack (Beyond the first two) through sword specialization, hand of justice, etc. by the use of a macro taking advantage of a new classic game mechanic not an exploit?

Okay, letā€™s say I canā€™t convince you that it is an exploit. Can you not you agree that it is at least a bug?

if i agree that it is a bug and we both agree that if it is on the reference client, then it should stay as is

that isnā€™t just my feeling on it but Kevin Jordanā€™s as well - not per say on this as I havenā€™t asked him - but as an overall philosophy for Classic which the current devs have embraced

if it isnā€™t present on the 1.12 reference client, then I would say you absolutely have a case for writing up a bug report

but if it is present on the reference client, then my answer to you is that you are SOL

This is my opinion on it bro. A bug in the game should be fixed. Period.

That said. If there was a bug in classic that was widely known / used, then for sure they shouldnā€™t fix it. No changes. So if you can convince me that this triple swing macro bug always existed in vanilla I would lean towards keeping it.

But, should we not fix:

1.) New bugs INTRODUCED by classic game mechanics (as opposed to vanilla mechanics), and;

2.) Abuse of classic WoW game mechanics that while technically were available in vanilla were never used - for example, letā€™s say we find a bug that gives you free epics on looting a tree in the Ashenvale Forrest. Letā€™s also assume this bug was in vanilla but only like 20 people used it or knew about it.

Should we not patch that?

Seal Twisting was possible since 1.11 when they added the 0.5 second delay to Seal of Command - but it wasnā€™t discovered until TBC and then used by all Horde Ret Paladins

Explain to me seal twisting. Is it where Paladins got an extra attack through seal of command?

read this - video examples and full explanations within the thread

TLDR - now this I specifically asked Kevin Jordan about when I interviewed him and he basically said they had no way to stop it:

https://countdowntoclassic.com/2019/04/17/episode-100-the-journey-from-nostalrius-to-classic-kevin-jordan-on-paladins-josh-chooses-a-region-hardcore-guild-onslaught/

So how does seal twisting have anything to do with

/startattack
/Stopattack

Macro? It seems like a different mechanic - this one using abilities and weapon swapping - as opposed to stop/start attacking spam. This HOJ bugs deals with an item, not an ability.

it relies on spell batching to allow for 2 seals to be active at the same time since SoC has a delay on its proc:

Seal Twisting in the Combat Log:

Faptamerica
June 20th, 2008 - 10:10 am
20:53ā€²52.859 Faptamerica gains Seal of Command
20:53ā€²54.093 Faptamerica gains 1 Attack from Windfury Attack
20:53ā€²54.093 Faptamericaā€™s Swing hits Brutallus for 1166 Physical damage (glancing)
20:53ā€²54.453 Faptamerica gains Seal of Blood
20:53ā€²54.453 Faptamerica gains Windfury Attack
20:53ā€²54.546 Faptamericaā€™s Seal of Command hits Brutallus for 1661 Holy damage
20:53ā€²54.546 Faptamericaā€™s Swing hits Brutallus for 1393 Physical damage (glancing)
20:53ā€²54.671 Faptamerica gains 20 Mana from Mana Spring of Mana Spring Totem V
20:53ā€²55.328 Faptamericaā€™s Seal of Blood crits Brutallus for 1858 Holy damage
20:53ā€²55.328 Faptamericaā€™s Seal of Blood crits Brutallus for 1907 Holy damage
20:53ā€²55.687 Faptamericaā€™s Seal of Blood hits Brutallus for 633 Holy damage (201 resisted)

BE > Ally pallies in raids kthx?!
http://web.archive.org/web/20080706232318/http://www.retpaladin.com/warcraft/2008/05/how-to-seal-twist/

Right. But thatā€™s using an ability which is queued differently than auto attacks.

It appears this auto attack start/stop macro with HOJ behaves differently in classic than it would in vanilla.

Becuase, if it is the same as vanilla, how come nobody used it back then after over two years of vanilla gameplay? How come this startattack /Stopattack macro was learned three months into classic launch? Surely somebody would have discovered this ā€œhiddenā€ bug back then?

because there was a great deal of nubness all around back in Vanilla - myself included as I didnā€™t even know wtf a Judgement was until I was questing in Unā€™Goro Crater

it is 100% a bug what are you talking about? its been tested and shown per video to 100% be a bug.

Are you simple lil darryl

1 Like

That poster is just ignorant and wants to keep an exploit

sighā€¦IT existed back thenā€¦they wont change anything, period

1 Like

againā€¦people used it back thenā€¦

2 Likes