I smell a change coming

Imagine being horde and be on the side with the biggest pvp community, the player base advantage and the best pvp racial but somehow get outsmarted by the underdog and come on the forums to cry about it.

Seriously if the queue’s dropped on the horde side why they’re not doing the same thing? What prevents them to get organized?

6 Likes

Oh yes, but you are the one reasonable, intelligent forum user. Please enlighten us to your wisdom, oh Heartseeker.

I’m pretty sure most people aren’t interested in enlightenment. They want to do as little work as possible to get the gear. Hence all the poor rationalizations we see here.

1 Like

This is laughable. Discord isn’t going to start monitoring tens of thousands of channels to see if any of their users are communicating in a freaking BG because BLIZZARD doesn’t LIKE IT.

Holy Jesus, dude.

No it isn’t. People can spam a discord before any BG and communicate. Is that premading? No. Neither is joining a specific channel AFTER you get into the BG. It’s COMMUNICATING VIA VOICE COMMS.

Huge big 'ol difference there.

3 Likes

people use voice chat to gain unfair advantages in arena as well. raids too but i guess that doesn’t count since “you aren’t fighting other people”

voice chat is not against the rules and is not punishable unless you want to ban the use of discord all together to try and promote their crappy in game voice comms.

1 Like

Yeah, def not.

It’s amazing to me that there is even sort of a debate going on here…

1 Like

Blizzzzzard!!! Alliance are using discord again!

5 Likes

So let me see if I have this correct. In an Online MMO, where many players brag about how important the “Social” aspect of this game is, players are actually joining groups, meeting new people, communicating and working together. And the response is “Blizzard should ban them!”

Yeah, ok…

5 Likes

The rub is using Discord to coordinate stacking a battleground group from your server or cross-servers. PuGs can’t dictate anything about class, spec, gear or even participation. The queue system allows for parties of 5 to queue, and that’s it. Get a few parties of 5 to queue up for the same BG (and drop if they don’t all get in) really is unfair. If you can get 15-20 geared people, with a reasonable composition to be in the same AV, that really puts the opposing side at a disadvantage.

We wouldn’t be seeing these wipeout wins along with GY farms from simple PuGs, would we?

Horde will pitch an absolute fit because Deserter impacts them disproportionately to Alliance thanks to the queue times. We’re supposed to be able to jump right back in if we get DC’d or some other error occurs, but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. Being overly punishing to such instances will rub everyone the wrong way.

Doubtful, see next point.

Likely, if and only if they can manage a way to get this engaged for AV. I see this being the most likely of solutions which just allows both sides to organize in roughly the same manner with roughly the same penalties if they decide to eat a Deserter debuff.

…for what? Banned for what?

Notwithstanding the general provision that Blizzard can just ban anyone for anything, what specifically in the EULA speaks to:

• 3rd Party communication programs
  • Non-WoW communication/coordination
  • Accepting an in-game penalty (Deserter) willingly

That would lead to a ban? Are we to ban anyone that joins a mid-way BG, sees it is going badly, and just bounces? What about people that don’t want to stay in a forever-camped WSG match and eat a Deserter buff?

I don’t see how anyone is going to take this bite…

WUT

/headdesk x1000

So now you nimrods are just campaigning to get rid of Discord and VOIP entirely??? DID ALL OF YOU JUST READ GLINDA AT FACE VALUE AND LEAVE YOUR BRAINS AT HOME?!?

1 Like

you’re not seeing the bigger picture. Hordies are losing AV now. drastic actions need to be taken. desperate times call for desperate measures…

3 Likes

So basically, Horde are no longer stomping all over the Alliance in BGs and that must stop. Ok, I get it. Not only should Horde get FvF so they have instant queues, but they must be guaranteed to win 90% of the time.

3 Likes

If they intended for this level of coordination they would let you que a full team for av.

horde players in a nutshell :sneezing_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So again, you are saying players should be banned and voice comms removed because players are being too social in an online MMO.

2 Likes

if the “being too social” results in hordies losing BGs more, then something has to change.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that if the roles were switched here, and you were repeatedly on the receiving end of such behavior, your opinion would differ a bit.

1 Like

i’ve heard this cheating app is also available on iOS through App Store, Apple helping cheaters confirmed

3 Likes

What do you mean roles were switched? Is there something that is preventing the other side from doing the exact same coordination in voice comms?

1 Like