I sided with Sylvanas out of spite

Just saying you have more hope than even i specially when blizzard said they werent gonna continue a story lol.

1 Like

So. Here’s the thing,

Fan backlash aside the loyalist in-universe perspective has been pretty clear. Those characters believed that Sylvanas was doing what was needed to protect and empower the Horde. That’s it. That’s the crux of it. Personal loyalty might factor into it somewhere in there but the core reason still boils down to “this lady is doing what needs to be done to ultimately benefit all of us”.

Then Loyalists meet with her after the Mak’gora and she lays out how N’zoth and her real plans will cause ample death and destruction among the Horde and this will serve her true purposes. So clearly not acting in the Horde best interests or at the very least a completely different take on its interests then what she initially sold back at the start. The in-universe reasoning for the loyalist then no longer applies. Sylvanas has dropped her charade and the characters loyalty to her has only earned them an explanation that, yeah, she’s done with all this. That doesn’t leave the loyalist characters with anything to be loyal to aside from just a thoughtless devotion to Sylvanas specifically. And, as of yet, that’s not even been hinted at as an option either for the rest of BfA or Shadowlands. Hell it wasn’t even implied to be part of the PCs reasoning in BfA.

5 Likes

If you are a Sylvanas loyalist, the things she said to you at Windrunner Spire were meant to wrap up that specific storyline. She’s basically saying “You were with me, you made these choices, you were on the right side of it. Those choices can’t save you from what’s to come.” So it was meant to wrap up that arc because it was not something we wanted to carry forward.

1 Like

The current leaders of the Horde. The Horde that even loyalist player still has to return to and mechanically be a part of. You being salty and calling the majority of Horde characters “traitors” doesn’t change that. It is likely the only reason the loyalist option was even implemented was due to forum backlash. So yes, Sylvanas is presented as a villain to both Horde and Alliance lol.

2 Likes

Bzzz. Wrong. There is specifically that.

Some within the Horde still support her - for what ever reason. The reasons can be many. Loyalists still hear whispers of support for her. There is definitely at least some basis for the argument.

I’m kind of half expecting that shadow lands (in some 3d chess kind of way) will have us helping Sylvanas rather than hurting her.

Well that would suck because then I would have to boycott the quests again on this character. I have never turned in a war campaign quest or reported to Nathanos on this character. :joy:

That means I don’t have access to essences but meh. Who cares.

1 Like

For random NPCs, yes. For the PC? Nadda. Or at least not until Blizzard confirms they’re going to be continuing the loyalist plot.

2 Likes

Blizzard is playing around with these new loyalties though, and they’re getting feedback about how the playerbase feels about being loyal to certain elements of the story over others.

Keep the Eye, and you get to listen to conversations from Old God cultists who don’t speak in front of Players who cleansed it.

Stay Loyal to Sylvanas, and all the other Loyalists give you a “Hail Hydra” as you pass by in whispers.

Who knows what could happen.

Maybe an option to side with Tyrande in the coming Alliance schism, and all of her supporters will secretly talk to you as well in preparation for her plans.

3 Likes

I think we are fine, they said it wouldnt carry it foward, they got the general playerbase to hate her, I dont think they would go throught all that trouble for bolvar not to kick her butt or whoever is gonna do it.

2 Likes

Imagine being against Sylvanas so much, you don’t actually play game content but still give Blizzard your money. :rofl:

5 Likes

The only people who hate Sylvanas are alliance players and mudhuts. Neither of these are real people.

12 Likes

“No Horde pride left. At all”

1 Like

It’s hard to hate Sylvanas, just like it’s hard to feel anything for Teldrassil. It’s so comically over the top and poorly presented, you can’t actually get invested in the story or character. Sure you can get angry cause the story is cheap, manipulative and lazy, but you’re not angry over the story, you’re angry at the story. Which is very different.

And if anyone thinks the general playerbase hates Sylvanas, they should really start looking at what they’re saying. Most of their criticisms aren’t levied at her character, they’re levied at the story being crap and she’s apart of that crappy story.

18 Likes

Aren’t you only here when you’re drunk? You need help.

I’m sure Kat can survive without you liking every post of hers.

8 Likes

I still have Horde Pride. Unlike you.

2 Likes

I’ll take the bait.

I doubt you have any Horde pride considering you’re just here to to be a detriment to this entire forum because of how much every post of yours contributes absolutely nothing of worth to any discussion.

If you disappeared, we’d be better off. You and Trivel both.

At least Kat offers worthwhile insights and perspectives from time to time.

So stop bothering posting here and return to general discussion, at least there you’d be among your own.

7 Likes

It’s weird having pride in a fictional organization that goes through identity shifts every 2 years.

The current Horde is a caricature of a caricature, of a generic fantasy trope.

11 Likes

He doesn’t, he just follows me around and tries to mock me using my previous threads/posts while contributing absolutely nothing worthwhile to this forum. It’s like a tumor except when you try and remove it, Trivel comes out.

2 Likes