I sided with Sylvanas out of spite

Blizzard went out of their way to give those a choice to side with Sylvanas. I’m not sure what was really being spited in the end.

4 Likes

Amen to that.

Agreed…

… darn it, Kilrog drop my bracers already, it’s been a month with two monks on your piece alone and it’s the only thing keeping me from having the full set unlocked and clickable and it’s driving me CRAZY!

1 Like

Hey, works for me.

6 Likes

Never seen any of his movies, so whatever insult you’re attempting is going straight past me. (Also, it’s spelled Shyamalan.)

My point is that just because a player hates what the writers are doing to the Horde, that isn’t automatically going to make that player turn against the Horde (or turn into a fan of the Alliance). It doesn’t mean playing Alliance and killing Horde is suddenly going to feel good.

3 Likes

I thought you were into Garrosh?

If they actually do look at those numbers, there’s probably just no winning in that situation. Support for Sylvanas could be interpreted as enjoyment and desire for an evil warchief. But support for Saurfang could be interpreted as enjoyment and desire for a story about overthrowing an evil warchief. Both could serve as reinforcement for Blizzard to do the story again because it seems to get players engaged and strongly invested.

I found both options unappealing so I just quit in 8.0 for about a year and even now have no desire or intention to do those quests. But I don’t think Blizzard is likely to look at those numbers anyway.

5 Likes

please no more of this, i dont want another bfa

3 Likes

Stop over thinking it you nerd lmao.

6 Likes

I liked the option. I’ve 5 Forsaken toons. Some like Benedikt were always suspicious of the Banshee Queen’s true intentions. Others were not and were loyal. It was nice that I could serve her on my For Queen and Country type DK.

I was happy with the ending. It least it was two completely different quests. Up until then the Loyalist side was mostly identical you just did the quests ‘undercover’. Even if some of them still don’t make any sense.

As for the conclusion- Slyvanas has practically been screaming “I am a bad person who cannot be trusted” into a megaphone since day one for everyone but the Forsaken. And then for the Forsaken since EoN.

So I’m not sure what they expected, really. BtS kinda torpedoed any doubt Blizz decided to take her in a different direction but I guess delusion isn’t ever logical. I actually had another Forsaken player unironically try to explain that ‘arrows in her quiver’ wasn’t an insult. Because arrows are actually a valued tool you see.

Like, buddy, my toilet’s a valued tool as well. Doesn’t mean I care for or respect it.

5 Likes

To unite the world against Alliance invasion.
To protect our Queen from her damnation.
To denounce the lies of peace and love!
To extend her reach to the skies above!
I’m!
Gay!
Team Loyalist types at the speed of Blight!
Surrender now, or prepare to cite!

I mean, yes. I can be into more than one thing. Haven’t you read my fanfiction on here?

10 Likes

Most likely expressing the frustration of a fan of the late Avatar series over the movie adaptation… which quite frankly… sucked donkeyballs.

You really took it to Blizzard and World of Warcraft. You spited it all.

1 Like

Damn, I really showed them. GG NO RE Nerd Bois.

2 Likes

i sided with Sy cause she would send me to kill people and commit warcrimes. I love doing that.

1 Like

Have you considered that some fans of Sylvanas like her, warts and all, and are just trying to justify why she shouldn’t get killed off in one of the most contrived storylines WoW has ever seen?

People who are not Sylvanas fans shouldn’t be allowed to condemn her to death just because they don’t like her. I would prefer if no characters in WoW were ever lost, because considering Blizzard’s track record with replacing dead characters, it ain’t good. Just ask the orcs and Darkspear.

I don’t care what Blizzard’s reasoning is, in a franchise like WoW there should be NO REASON to cast aside any character who’s been long-standing as an icon of their race. This is not Game of Thrones, this is not a singleplayer game. I don’t care about what reasons non-Sylvanas fans have for why she should die. That would be nothing but a loss for a side which never asked for Sylvanas to get this target painted on her back in the first place. I’m not a gnome fan, but I don’t loudly whine and complain that Mekkatorque should have died in BfA, because by Thrall, the gnomes would have literally no one else. Other than Kinndy Sparkshine (who’s dead) and that one BC mage guy (joke character) I can’t name a single other gnome. That’s the point orcs are at now, and trolls, tauren, pandaren, perhaps soon to be Forsaken if not already. Fewer and fewer and fewer characters to work with.

15 Likes

Well,they have Tinkmaster Overspark,Kelsey Steelspark and now Prince Erazmin!

I have no idea who those characters are.

Maybe once they get more development I’ll be more likely to trust their presence in the story. If they’re exclusively from Mechagon, I don’t trust Blizzard to make them relevant outside of that single zone until they put their money where their mouth is.

1 Like

I think genocide is one hell of a wart.

I’ve played Forsaken since '04. As you might imagine I was also a big fan of the Banshee Queen. Up until Edge of Night. EoN wasn’t the reason I stopped playing WoW but it was the reason I never tried to get back into it for about 7 years. I’d been disappointed by how the Forsaken’s story was handled in Wrath and that story going

“Guess what? Not only did the Forsaken not get vengance on Arthas but also the Banshee Queen outright doesnt care about the Forsaken and views them at best as a tool she should maintain”

Killed any enthusiasm to try to get back into WoW for awhile.

When I came back in Legion I thought maybe they’d course corrected her. Yeah Stormheim was sketchy but capturing the Alpha Valkyr would certainly be beneficial to the Forsaken so I didn’t see that as a deal breaker. It seemed morally gray which is what we were told to expect.

But then BtS comes around and shes turned the Undercity into some miserable autocracy where the Forsaken’s history is burned and they’re murdered on the spot for even just hearing about the possibility of unlife outside the Banshee Queen’s yolk.

I used to be a fan of Slyvanas. Hell I wanted to be one again. But they made it impossible for me to be a fan of both the Forsaken and the Banshee Queen. And if it comes between her or my beloved zombois then the Banshee Queen can eat dirt and die again.

To reference another nerdy genre,

“You were supposed to bring nuance to the Forsaken, not leave them in darkness! You were my favorite Slyvanas, I loved you!”

3 Likes

Tinkmaster is the Chief Architect of Gnomish Engineering.
kelsey is spy who was with during the entire alliance war campaign.

Prince erazmin is the prince of mechagnome.
i mean… yeah… probably not so relevant, but they are named!