I refuse to level in Wrath without a Mage boost

Yeah this basically where i’m at with it too, well put.

Have you seen the names of the mages and paladins who’re advertising in chat? They’re usually gibberish, or created with Blizzard’s random name generator upon creation.

And you think the gold generated by boosting goes exclusively into funding their raid activities?

I’m pleased to see you at least enjoy irony.

1 Like

No I think gold generated by boosting can go to any cause the player wants from raid consumes to gear from AH/etc.

It’s just an extra way for people to make some legit gold.

Willful ignorance isn’t a good defense.

4 Likes

Goes back to this:

You can’t acknowledge people can use the gold for other things lmao, you just want to say anyone who doesn’t agree with you is ignorant.

Could you point out where I said no one using the gold legimately?

You’re the one refusing to acknowledge that folks who’re involved in boosting aren’t involved in the RMT rackets.

Oh look this troll again.

1 Like

How?

I know it can happen but to paint everyone doing it as that is an extremist view point.

You literally said:

You are just assuming it’s a one directional situation where all of it is bad without looking at the nuance of it.

Apparently you’re having a hard time understanding what I typed.

That’s on you.

I don’t even remember seeing such a thing as mage boosts when I started in wotlk. That’s more of a classic vanilla/tbc meta since blizz added dungeon finder AND nerfed exp rates with a high level character in the group during wotlk. People actually leveled pretty quickly and easily, just doing the content when I started. It was pretty awesome. It’s a real shame that won’t be happening this time around.

And right here folks is the crappy player you see messing up your GDKP because he doesn’t know how to play his class.

What does this even mean??? If you’re at end game you’re not leveling

And also you’re just objectively wrong…it was actually one of the best leveling experiences. It was the first time the leveling process presented a coherent story and the item progression is even better than in TBC.
You also had heirlooms and RAF to increase the process, and you could level substantially in BG’s or while questing, you didn’t HAVE to just grind on mobs for hours.

If there was EVER a time to remove boosting WOTLK was it because it’s when Blizzard finally figured out they could do more with the leveling process than offer Fetch X quests over and over.

I read what you said and it’s nonsense, no one is exploiting game mechanics by AoE farming Slave Pens.

You can just go watch a video guide, it’s very simple and uses in-game mechanics. No hacks, no scripts, etc.

You can literally boost a 58 mage right now and make a couple thousand gold by just helping lowbies by selling SM runs/etc.

It’s a legit source of gold, and RMT will exist in it much like every facet of the game but by them not addressing botting and the rampant AH manipulation and dying server economies and instead focusing on mage boosting it shows how little control they have over the root cause of all of this.

1-2-1-2, you press that for 100 hours while doing the same quests over and over. Wow, you really learned your class by questing huh?

You’re remembering correctly, though I do suspect these tactics were common on private servers.

RIP RDF…

1 Like

Hey isn’t this the dude that made a thread asking about if he could get on the wow community council as a furry then it was found out due to another thread he made that it goes beyond that? (not referencing LBGTQ but something else)

I have a massive feeling this is a troll thread. You know come to think of it, OP has been gone for a solid almost 2 weeks.

1 Like

It’s a source of gold. Exploitive for players to use. It’s also a source for the RMT folks.

The zones are too far apart, mob density is wild compared to TBC and quests are far more monotonous. I’ve done a WoTLK leveling before on servers, I know how it is and you clearly are remembering things from a decade ago which won’t be the case at launch.

If you can’t understand that gold can be used for things like raid/consumes and people doing it are legit players who don’t sell gold also, then you are arguing in bad faith. Please learn to read the other side before blindly defending yours.

1 Like

The zones are too far apart, rofl??? Doesn’t sound like you played classic at all. You’re just wrong buddy, soz.

Mage boosting has been a thing in retail but never saw anyone selling boosts until Classic.

There it is! I knew this was actually rooted in RDF :wink:

2 Likes

I had people run me through stuff in retail. Like 1-2 runs for quest or gear.