I paid $60 for a level 60 boost, so I can tell you what it provides

Comprehensive and informative! Thank you.

Personally, I would boost only if I honestly valued my time @ $1 per level. That’s what its primary purpose is, in my opinion.

Keep in mind too, that the devs are likely under guidance of the financially interested stake holders at Blizz. If enough players complain or point out a feature which, if altered, could profit Blizz more, they’ll eventually implement it. This is a double-edged knife…

After all, anyone who has ever submitted an in game issue, asked for a buff or nerf by gm/feedback, has also contributed to the game’s direction and state of play over the years. In classic, boosting TBC to 58 is the same. I think it promotes a grind, of which there is less now than ever before.

Enjoy the game - get ‘lost’ and immersed and you’ll be epiced out soon.

It’s called a level skip, not a time-gate skip.

Leveling is the only thing in this game that isn’t time-gated and y’all just pay to skip it.

Like I don’t know what you expected, but this is exactly what they said it was.

1 Like

Yes, cause being max level and under geared not going to encourage Clark to go pay some guilds to boost them. But, they do not have the gold to pay for the runs? Well that not a issue they can go buy some tokens and put them up on AH.

1 Like

Neat one sale that supports other future sales!

1 Like

lmao “MY BOOST DIDN"T GIVE ME ENOUGH FREE STUFF WAHHHH”

You literally just skipped 1-60 and saved yourself over 1 week+ of grinding to max level, and you’re complaining that you didn’t get enough gear or other free extras upon logging in?

Quite pathetic man, “where’s my heroic ILVL gear”, seriously?
Seriously?

People like you are why this game sucks, I’m sick of all the lazy players like OP who just expect to get everything handed to them for free.

You bought a LEVEL BOOST, nothing more, this wasn’t a “BEAT THE GAME” boost, no, it was exactly as advertised, a level 60 boost, which is exactly what you got, not sure why you are complaining when you got exactly what you paid for, quite pathetic really.

The amount of work you spent taking screenshots and making this crap thread you could have already geared your character and done half the stuff your complaining you didn’t get for free.

And since you’re already established as someone who doesn’t mind spending real money for pay-to-win is it really that hard to just buy a token and go to the AH and deck yourself out in high ilvl BOEs?

1 Like

Yeah but the weapon ilvl is a low blow. You can get 163 greens now, it should’ve at least matched that.
I mean yikes… Even so, it’s not the worst transaction in a game I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Spot on. I boosted once, realized at the time afterward that I just paid to not have fun.

1 Like

I used the ones that came with expacs and I never played those characters, but I enjoyed and wanted to progress every character that I actually leveled myself.

1 Like

Staying on-topic, the OP went to some length to inform what he did or didn’t get for the $60. Wouldn’t it be grand if the toxic, critical repliers were self-aware enough to recognize objectivity in this post instead of interpreting the post through their personal filter :smile:

I swear some of you are scrolling through, sweating, fists and buttocks clenched, looking for something to agitate you. :rofl:

Re read his post. At what point does he write any complaint about the boost? If read through toxic eyes, his last 2 paragraphs could be interpreted as complaining. Or, maybe it’s the beholder’s reflection of how he/you sees the world? Peace.

1 Like

Thanks OP for sharing

1 Like

If enough people submit feedback on this, you’ll get what you want by mass-demand. Careful…it’s a double-edged knife :face_with_thermometer: Many of the game’s current aspects are in game from classic’s ticket system and player feedback. Grab your posse, some solidarity and get writing! :tipping_hand_woman:

I have two characters boosted, because I wasnt in the mood for leveling.
Honestly, the ONLY valuable thing about 60 boost is to skip leveling.
Everything else, you would actually have better things, more gold and some fun if you just took the long road.

Again, the only reason to use a 60 boost is to get to 60.

And to have an idea as to the mind of someone who does this, I actually boosted a third warlock and a second mage. If it were the first of a class, boosting would be a waste of money.

2 Likes

It’s actually not. The 120 boost in BFA gave you a level 50 HoA and 380 ilvl gear including 3 Azerite pieces. Benthic gear started at 385 in the same patch. So that would be roughly equivalent to starting with a set of ilvl 200 gear and Renown 40 in 9.1.

And yes, it does matter that it doesn’t boost Renown, as at least part of their target demographic for this is new and returning players who don’t have a max level Renown 80 character yet. The starter kit you get with the boost should 100% come with a Broker Mark of Distinction.

Also, I’m pretty sure the level 100 boost at the end of WoD gave a level 3 garrison, and the 110 boost at the end of Legion gave a non-starting level Artifact weapon (both benefits being removed once the expacs were no longer current). But I wasn’t playing then, so I can’t say for sure.

At any rate, the idea was that new and returning players should be able to use the boost to jump right into the action of the current expansion, while still respecting the effort of players who had actually played through the expac.

2 Likes

If I didn’t see this with my own eyes, I’d think this was a joke.

1 Like

We don’t have a borrowed power system like that anymore. And 380 greens were still not worth much. Everyone immediately bought benthic gear.

Renown 40 is given to you with the token and 200 ilevel is bought from the AH and Korthia.

And they got rid of that. Boosts stopped giving a decent amount of worthwhile stuff a long time ago. Blizzard is just stripping as much and as often as they can. Thus, this isn’t a surprise.

Just going to reiterate this.

Beyond that, I’m not going to argue with you. I’m just pointing out that he is right in saying this boost does not come with as much as previous boosts.

Maybe not. But it is still objectively the worst value boost they have ever offered. That’s all I’m trying to say. /shrug

Assuming you have a character at Renown 80 already, and you’re not just coming back to the game. Also the price of those 200 iLvL blues from the AH vary greatly by server. On the “FULL” servers I play on, they can be 800-1200g a piece, and on the “LOW” pop server I play on they’re 4000-8000g each (I’m not joking) And with that whopping 500g they gave you, you’re not buying a single piece of gear. Heck is that even high enough to queue for a “normal” dungeon at 60 now? I don’t even know what the cut offs are now with normals dropping 184s and heroics dropping 197.

3 Likes

LOL… 148 gear? Honestly, I would have hoped they made it at least 184, like the Time Walking garbage that we immediately vendor for gold.

And after leveling 10 and starting on my 11th character to level 60 the quest rewards at level 59 are about item level 148 (and green) So I am sure that is how they came up with that item level.

So what Blizzard wants you to do next?

• Immediately buy a token and get about 200K gold.
  • Go to the Auction House
  • Buy player crafted gear that is item level 200, should be able to deck out your character for under 30K
  • Buy an item level 200 Trinket
  • Buy 1 230 item level item, I usually get a neck piece
  • Log onto your main and send the alt a box of Renown 40, and a box of Korthia Weaponry.

Now you should be able to comfortable do anything in Korthia, The Rift gets a little rough though. Especially if you go in alone and can’t self heal effectively.

My Edit…
First, Thank you to the OP for listing what you receive.
Second, I think at minimum they should have listed what you actually receive with the boost. Item Level should not have been “find out after purchase”

Boosts are just crap now. They’ve been crap to me since they stopped giving the Garrison.