I paid $60 for a level 60 boost, so I can tell you what it provides

Lower prices =higher volume of sales. I think 60 dollars is really high for something that doesn’t give very much. Sure, people don’t have to buy it if they don’t want to, but for 60 dollars I’d expect to get some gear that would be able to get me into the fray right away or some currency to buy that gear from korthia vendors or something.

1 Like

I have bought two boosts at a discounted 25.- where as I have never bought one at 60.- Discounts make more money, even if it’s just psychological.

People who specialize in economics can develop demand curves to forecast the number or expected sales at set price points.

Using the demand curve they are able to tell what price will result in the highest number of sells and the highest amount of profit.

I am sure a multi-Billion dollar company like Blizz has it all mapped out. Not to mention they have 17 years of data to use for reference

P.S. Thanks for spending $60 for science Clark

Why?

4 Likes

Because legions 110/BfAs 120 boost did

Along with a big head start in legion artifact/heart of azeroth with Azerite levels

they don’t have the same scaling this expansion as they did in BfA - you might actually be better off at that ilvl.

no renown boost, terrible ilvl and it forces the campaign? all for the low low price of 75 Canadian pesos??? How could I not…

Thoughts and prayers to your $60.

Pours one out.

I expected at least 200 gear. I mean since you can buy full 200 gear from the AH. Its very reasonable to do that. I guess Blizzard didnt think so. That item level is pathetic. Its just under what heirlooms are at 59.

Sad

PS> I still know you Superman Clark. That helm doesnt fool me

Shadowlands base expansion costs $40. For a service that costs more than this entire expansion it should include a set of 230ilvl gear, 4 renown 40 tokens and a homemade pie delivered to your doorstep (flavor of your choosing).

Thanks OP, for taking one for the team.

For what you get, $20 would be a more reasonable asking price. Because my god that deal is awful.

2 Likes

The 148 item level seems like a good starting point. It gives the player time to learn the class before grouping with others in heroic dungeon finder, raider finder or mythics. No one would want to be grouped with fresh 60 who doesn’t really know how play the class.

And end up with better gear.

Boost gear has always been trash, pretty much what I was expecting.

I don’t see anything special about the Legion boost, nothing listed about artifact power or any of the Legion related special gear. The BFA 110 gave you gear based upon having completed Legion, so “broken” artifact weapon and some gear that would stop working in a few levels. The BFA 120 didn’t give you much either. Seems like it has always been some starter gear, some bags and a few odds and ends.

Just LOL at the tomes that let you switch talents. Is there anyone who doesn’t just vendor those for gold at this point? I am never in a situation so clutch that I wish I hadn’t vendored those. You certainly won’t be in that situation while wearing that garbage gear.

Like someone’s probably already said, the real cost of a boost is minimum 80 because you need at least a token to get, you know, actual gear that can get you into LFR at least. Starting out sub-normal 5 man is no place for anyone, I mean do they really think anyone is going to spam normals until they get a full set, then spam heroics until they get a full set, and only then walk into LFR or whatever? It’s utterly laughable that they think people will waste that much time when 200s are on the AH for tiny fractions of a token.

They should just play the game for you at that point…

1 Like

I mean… y’all… Expecting m+ good gear?!? Even if they gave say ilvl 220 gear with that boost, it can be easily replaced with korthia gear/ raid gear/ m+ gear. The $60 boost isn’t about gear, but the time you would of spent leveling that character from either 1-60 or 10 -60. Not gear… it takes me around 2-3 days to get a new character to that level, that is what the money is for…

I personally wouldn’t have gone lower than 190, maybe 200 but not over that. I mean you can’t even do nathria LFR in that gear, and that’s obsolete content.

LOL at buying a boost in a video game.

2 Likes

Should be 200 gear, 40 renown, and all conduits at 200 and still only be like $30. Current state should be $10.

1 Like