I misunderstand or social contract is too vague

the OP knows this…

mute thread, ignore poster and enjoy life…

1 Like

Actually, the OP finally explained they were Autistic and how the specific wording was troubling them.

Someone else posted a Blue Comment and that made the OP much more comfortable. They said thank you for the help.

It would have been helpful if they included that in the OP, but I imagine the whole difficulty with social contact contributes to it.

Yeah, I read the whole thing because I thought it was a troll at first too.

3 Likes

To be honest what they made clear in their pop up isn’t a contract technically. It’s a pledge. I am a contract administrator for a bank. I know they want to insist on calling it a social contract for marketing purposes and to intimidate those who are not helpful in game, but it’s a pledge at most. A real contract has a variery of elements that the in-game pop up just doesn’t have. We have rights as a consumer of a product and so this pop up pledge is technically just a tool to encourage commitment to sound in-game practices. It is vague because it is to control the community’s social engagement in-game. A tool to influence that’s what the social pledge actually is.

3 Likes

And the cow just jumped over the shark.

The great lengths of hyperbole people go to in order to faux rage never ceases to amaze me.

2 Likes

Relax people. If it bothers just forget it. Better yet do not read it.

Play, have fun, do not be a jerk. You will be fine.

The Golden rule always works.

Is there any feasible way to line up all of the “social contract hand wringers” and slap them all at once ala’ The Three Stooges?

*Attention, NO actual threat of violence was being made here, this is just a query into the physics behind such an action.

1 Like

IF. IF. IF you are engaging in social interaction, then do so without attacking other people. Do your best to be polite and helpful IF you choose to engage at all.

No one is going to ban your account if you choose not to type in the chat box. They can’t force you to respond to everyone who says something in the chat. Seriously, does that sound like a realistic expectation for anyone?

3 Likes

It states “Do you best to”, not “You are required to”.

Sometimes when a discussion might need to be tabled, someone has to suggest it. Obviously I can’t compel anyone.

Sorry if that triggered you somehow.

In any case, it looks like others are going to carry on anyway, even after it would appear the OP may have moved on.

You have a good one.

According to who? According to you? :roll_eyes:

Again, if you don’t like a thread, then just Mute it. It won’t ever show up, on the thread listing. It’s better than having to rely on Blizz to do it.

The conversation was fine. I had nothing against Rauber, who asked me a question, and I answered it, soundly. Nothing negative was going on, until you stumped in here and DEMANDED we should stop talking to each other :roll_eyes:

Wasn’t triggered. Just found your post unnecessary and redundant. If you don’t want to see a thread, mute it. Problem solved!

An OP can create a topic, but other posters that aren’t the OP can still carry out a conversation, within the bounds and limits of the topic which is what was happening.

You keep saying that but keep returning and re-bumping this thread, that you told everyone else “should die”. How about you Mute it, and those of us interested in still talking to each other can talk to each other, within the bounds of the thread.

1 Like

I said I know I can’t compel anyone. it was a “suggestion”, like in the contract.

It wasn’t directed at you personally or anyone else specifically.

You don’t like my suggestion, feel free to ignore it. I’m not muting the thread, but I will stop replying to you, as I don’t see that you have anything else of import to say to me.

some people clearly have a hard time being decent human beings and it shows with all of these threads crying about the social contract

And a redundant one, at that.

Making it even a more pointless post, if it wasn’t directed at anybody :laughing:

There was an obvious target but either way, it was a pointless suggestion, that you didn’t even follow.

It’s not about that. It’s about pointing out the ridiculousness of it.

Then don’t complain about how “it needs to die”, then.

Good.

And, I find you redundant and not heeding your own “suggestion”. How do you expect others to “follow suit”, when you don’t do it, yourself? :roll_eyes:

And all of your posts prove your point.
Not one is acceptable behavor .

3 Likes

I keep my pimp hand strong for just these kind of situations. Start lining them up while I do some stretches!

1 Like

Ok? says the person who was hating on a pride month suggestions thread, wanted to flag it and when you were unable to you started whining and said " time to uninstall"…and MY posts are toxic?

we could form a line like in “Airplane!”

1 Like

You don’t even have to have chat turned on. Just don’t be a jerk in chat. If someone needs help, don’t make jerk comments, just ignore if you don’t want to help. I can guarantee, they don’t expect a zone full of people to all jump into chat and flood it with responses. Most zone questions get maybe 1 or 2 answers, and that’s usually sufficient.

Just go about playing the game exactly as you always do and just don’t make jerk comments in chat and all will be fine.

I signed it, you can too. Play as usual and feel free to stay out of chat and don’t worry about having to respond or help anyone unless you absolutely want to.

3 Likes

One of the first things I do on new characters is turn off the trade channel.

1 Like

Oh yes, absolutely.