I misunderstand or social contract is too vague

Continuing the discussion from IS the social contract a legally binding?:

I do still read the contract as requiring me to engage in social communication.

Do my best to help answer questions in trade and general… Which is requiring me to engage in repeating activities that has led me to have to go to the Emergency room for heart palpatations after being accused of bad behavior I was not doing, as such accusations are a trauma reminder. I was so terrified and upset, I had heart palpatations and I was struggling to breathe.

I will need to be given clearer descriptions to help me understand what is subjective and what is a legally binding contract or I cannot agree.

I would have replied to the comment directly, but the thread was closed, and I dont know how to privately message the person.

I am misunderstanding something. I usually do misunderstand when things are subjective and not direct.

I need directness. I still read the contract as requiring me to agree to communicate to other players.

“Do my best” is doing so much that I could pass out irl.
Doing my best gave me carpal tunnel.
I cannot agree to “do my best”.
I need clarification before I can accept a contract I cannot safely accept under my current understanding.

I wish to remain silent , whenever I choose, while I play WoW. This Social Contract will not allow me to remain silent if I wish to keep playing WoW.

I want to play WoW, but I cannot agree to this new contract. I will not agree to what I will not be able to agree to without putting my health at risk.

Contracts change when the contract maker realizes they messed up in faililing to recognizing the limitations and dangers of what their contract is requiring, or the wording needs further clarification that isnt just vague assessments. I need a direct clear set of rules, not implied or non-serious assuptions.

I’m not unwilling to admit the confusion maybe on my end, I am not convinced this Social Contract is not requiring me to communicate. I read several people trying to explain to me that I dont have to communicate, when the contract appears to be requiring me to communicate. To do my best. I cannot agree that this contract can be falsely accepted without legal repercussions for failure to meet the contract requirements.

I cannot feel I can continue to play according to these rules that seem to require me to do more damage to my personal boundaries than the relief I would gain from continuing to play WoW.

Pls dont destroy my personal enjoyable Azeroth experience Blizzard by requiring me to engage with trauma reminders.

EDIT with UPDATE:

This, thank you Faedrela for the idea to edit my OP.
RESOLVED.

10 Likes

There is no social contract. Just be a decent person and all is good.

21 Likes

There is a “Social Contract”
I am unable to access my characters without clicking “Accept” on the “Social Contract” in the game client.

(I forgot how to insert a screenshot)

9 Likes

It is the same as the EULA.

15 Likes

No it is not the same as the older ELUA

I would have noticed the requirmenet to “help” answer questions in Global and Trade if it was there.

A “decent” person is subject to misinterpretation which is a common occurence in my life. I do not wish to do harm to anyone, but more often than not, I am accused of bad behavior I have not done, because most people are likely to misunderstand me due to my lack of conformity with the majority of neuraltypes.

Also,
There is a social contract.

Text screenshot words:
Social Contract. Read and scroll all the way down to accept the Social Contract. Hail, traveler, and welcome to the World of Warcraft! Azeroth is a living world full of people like you - other players with different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and histories who have all come together to play World of Warcraft. Every player deserves to have a world that they feel safe in, so please take a minute to read our Social Contract. While in Azeroth, do your best to: - Connect with other players and make friends! Being courteous in group content can help you and your teammates have the best time possible. Sending a friendly hello message can help set your group up for success. - Play as a team with your fellow players - whether in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas, or out questing in the world. Do your best to support your team through your communication and behaviors so that you can all celebrate your success together. - Assist other players that you encounter in the world. Maybe they need some help defeating a tough monster, or maybe they could use a little healing! - Help answer questions others have in chat channels like General or Trade. We were all newbies once - one person offering some help can go a long way!
I see an “Agree” clickable button greyed out, and the other button says “Exit Game”

REQUIRED:

8 Likes

I highly doubt anyone gets a ban for just watching someone else die trying to solo an elite mob they should not have pulled.

11 Likes

I’ve been banned from The Sims Online, based on a lie, created by a scammer. I’ve been banned from all Wizards of the Coast stores for having seizure-like fits (fight-flightreflex). I’ve been banned from Game Empire for having seizure-like fits. I been banned from several guilds for misunderstanding of my intents. The list goes on and on.

People often misunderstand my intents. I get punished, because they believe things about me that are not true. An awfully traumatizing amount of times in my life. My silence I fear will get me banned.

I spare myself from misjudgements if I do not engage in group activities. This Social Contract is requiring me to engage with group activities. I cannot agree according to my understanding of this Social Contract.

3 Likes

The confusion (or purposeful trolling?) is entirely on your end.

You tried your best to help out, but just couldn’t find the motivation to do so. Done.

9 Likes

Not purposeful trolling. Also one of the many ways I am misjudged. I been removed from groups based on the misinterpetation of my intents.

I want to understand. I want help to understand. As far as understand, a contract is legally binding and requiring me to “help” people in General and Trade.
Can you clarify where my confusion is?

2 Likes

None of this is required. There is no contract.

It is just things you can do to be extra nice.

7 Likes

I’ll tentatively take your word there, but keep in mind that dozens of people are using this complete non-issue to pretend to be confused for the sake of trolling.

The first part just says “Do your best to X, Y, Z”. There is zero mention of any repercussions for not doing X, Y, Z. They are merely suggestions, such as have been plastered on loading WoW screens for decades.

The second part says “The following behaviors are not acceptable… and are subject to punishment”. These are actual rules which are enforceable, and are basically the same wording as has been in the Terms of Service for decades.

Literally nothing has actually changed except they just want to bring peoples’ attention to the rules that have been in place forever. Is this all a meaningless gesture for Blizzard to virtue signal and gain attention? Yes it is. Has anything actually changed? No it has not.

21 Likes

If I want to continue playing my WoW characters, I am required to agree to a “Social Contract”. I cannot agree to a contract requiring me to do things that have put me in the ER. I am not going to agree to hurt myself with social exhaustion and trauma reminders.

The contract needs to be reworded, or someone needs to help explain to me the nuances involved in the Social Contract that I dont feel I can agree to without lying.

Edit to add: (forum is not letting me post after my own reply)

Thank you. I am not pretending to be confused. I am told I am confused by other people, but I am pretty sure I am not confused, but I am humbly open to be willing to accept when I am mistaken.
For me to obey the contract, I would have to force myself to pretend to be like a neuraltypical. I am not a neuraltypical, I’m autistic, not a joke. Being misudnderstood and misjudged is a reoccuring and sometimes unavoidable social situation across my 40+ years of life. I dont line up with the majority of the rest of the world, and I dont want a social contract to require me to go outside of my comfort zone.

6 Likes

Which portion(s) of the contract would involve behaviors that hurt you? Actual serious question not a sarcastic rhetorical statement

7 Likes

I don’t watch trade or general - how is blizzard going to prove you saw it?

1 Like

All you have to do is click agree and continue to play the game as you always have. Nothing has changed from before, these are the same rules that have been in the game since the beginning.

8 Likes

Do my best to help answer questions in general and trade.

2/10 you got some baits.

7 Likes

You don’t have to ever speak in general or trade chat. There is no requirement for that.

2 Likes

I have zero recollection of reading “Do your best to help answer questions in general and trade.” when I read the TOU and EULA.

I read those things in full. I admit my brain isnt big enough to retain all of the information within those contracts. Certain things would stand out in my mind, and requiring me to engage with social would stand out. I cannot agree to these social requirments.

Also, Doing my best, gave me carpal tunnel, so I cannot do my best without hurting.

1 Like

Did you realise you are continuing a closed topic? Please see the forum rules, in particular:

Do not post about locked or deleted threads.

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It’s up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.

There is also cool down period we institute during times of high forum traffic. If you are violating policy during one of these times due to frustration, you will be given a three-hour cool down suspension. This does not get logged on your record and is simply in place to keep the forums readable and civil. Serious violations will still have the appropriate action taken against them as documented in the Code of Conduct, and we do keep track of these cool down periods separately—if one is found to be repeatedly violating policy, appropriate action will be taken.

3 Likes