I miss BFA

The gear in SL still doesn’t make any sense. For example the only time I ever got gear out of a calling cache was a 184 wand. This was on my assassination rogue who can’t even equip wands. Both my daggers at the time were under 184 so if it woulda been an equippable weapon it would have been an upgrade. Why would a rogue get a wand out of a calling cache???

Does this ring a bell?
https://www.wowhead.com/azerite-essence-power/worldvein-resonance-15

1 Like

I know what I am talking about. I did high mythic+ (15+) in BfA without ever stepping in a raid. Not optimal but doable.

Titanforged WAS a better system because you had the incentive to kill the boss again even if you already had the loot from that boss. Imagine this: A friend says “Hey can you help me kill boss X?” Before: “Sure, I already killed the boss this week and I already have its trinket but who knows I can roll an extra loot and it might come warforged.” Today: “nah, I already have the trinket plus I already killed this boss this week.”. You can sure help your friend but previously you had an extra incentive but now you have absolutely no reason to return to that boss if you have already killed it. Your complaint about RNG is because ultra hardcore players want to be 100% warforged and they cry when they don’t have it. Yes, that’s a real concern but it is for the 0.01%.

SL has 2 dungeons per zone and we only have 4 zones. The tilesets repeat and colors too. Previously in BFA we had 8 distinct different zones each with distinct dungeons and tilesets and 10 initial dungeons with different storylines.

BFA sucked, that will never change for me. Worst expansion ever, Shadowlands is not far behind it because of the Maw and Torghast. Will have to wait and see if anything gets better .

Not a legendary. And one could get it with three trips to IEs. One did not have to grind out near endless amounts of Soul Ash.

People had problems getting rank 3, not just this particular one because the mission table will fail even at 99%, I just mentioned it because it was best in slot for some classes but you had to deal with islands, just like some legendaries are now

A legendary in SL is nothing compared to farming rank 3 essences in BFA

1 Like

Incorrect! :slight_smile:

You may think you do, but you don’t. Almost everyone was able to do +15 “high” keys and going past +15 you 100% needed Raid trinkets, weapons, or azerite gear pieces to min-max your character so you had the correct traits, that was not optional if you’re doing “high” keys.

Titanforging was a RNG dumpster fire which is why it was removed, since EVERYONE was complaining about how much RNG was already in the game. No one should be rewarded for more if we’re both putting forth the same amount of effort, TF was anti-fun for everyone and was a “playtime treadmill” aspect.

Indeed, the legendary in SL, and Torghast, is much more objectionable.

You say “everyone” a lot but you don’t realize many people disagree or fall into your line of thought, which is in my opinion just a loud minority that just followed the opinions of the hardcore influencers. Blizzard listened to them and look at the forums now. You are NOT everyone.

I love Shadowlands personally. I think it’s actually taken spot #1 for me. Previously Wrath.

I only played the start and end of BFA. It was a terrible expansion.

1 Like

Neither are you though.

I would without a doubt agree that if we made a poll for all the players in WoW and asked “was Titanforging a good system” most would reply NO because it’s another layer of RNG that we don’t need/want. It rewards you simply because you’re lucky, there is already too much of that.

1 Like

BFA was by far the worst expansion. It was the only expansion that made me lose interest in WoW. Shadowlands is doing a good job at fixing that. Also loot is scarce because titanforging is no longer a thing. I barely even touched heroic raids and I’m 210 ilvl, it’s not that bad.

Only thing bfa did better was music.

1 Like

Oh I see, you think Blizzard doesn’t know that pleasing 1% and ticking off 99% is bad business…:+1: Always amuses me to see people oblivious to the fact that THEY are the vocal minority.

1 Like

I hated the music, like the harbor music actaully annoyed me.

Once you kill a boss and get the loot you wanted, why would you want to come back to kill that boss again? The loot scarcity is the result of the titanforging removal. I am sure people preferred titanforging over what we have today. Go ahead and ask, the number one common complaint in the forums is loot scarcity.

1 Like

I find this post funny. Next expansion you will just come out and say “I miss shadowlands” on the launch patch of the new expansion. Give the expansion some time to grow. We literally just got the xpac a month ago. BFA only felt rewarding near the end because of all the catch up mechanics.Shadowlands will be the same but right now everything is slow because it’s launch latch.

1 Like

Loot scarcity is due to going from 3 item drops to 2… which is not that big of a deal.

Titanforging has nothing to do with that, at all.

1 Like

I prefer the Shadowland dungeons over the BfA ones. Hated how much extra trash mobs they shoved into the BfA ones just to slow players down in mythic+.

You missed the blue post, you are uninformed. Loot scarcity IS the result of the titanforging removal:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/raid-vs-mythic-loot-tables/652040/5

1 Like