I mained 2hand frost dk for 7 years

I think it’s just so that weapon drops still feel a little special.

It would be an easy solution to just make weapons change main stats just like other gear, but it would turn them into more generic stat sticks than they already are. Something that’s fun about Classic is that we’ll be able to revisit all the weapons that were actually unique- with powerful on-hit effects or unconventional stats like weapon skill.

There are a lot of classes that can reuse gear, but all of them are either reusing gear between healer and DPS, or you’re just talking about pure DPS. Brewmaster and Windwalker abilities are locked to 2h and DW respectively. DK is unique in the sense that it’s the only DPS/Tank hybrid that can use the exact same weapon for both specs.

I think it would have been wise for Blizzard to just make DK use 2h weapons across the board, but I don’t think it will ever happen just because it will make DK too easy to gear up in comparison to other hybrids (and it’s already the easiest to gear). If they want to make weapons have a floating main stat to avoid the dungeon loot table problem, then on hit effects are probably going to become even rarer, or become more generic.

Well yeah, they are special right now. Having Strength and Agility on them makes them DPS weapons … but then again Tanks use the same weapons.
Intelligence weapons on the other hand are Heal and DPS weapons…

If you ask me, i would make it easier to switch from and to a Tank or Healing able specialization … with that Diablo style RNG in the game … you still can always get a upgrade, you really are never done.

There where very few weapons that had another useful effect then chance to stun … some +bonus damage … allot of them had a really low chance to actually proc … like Windfury really unreliable, but fun nonetheless.

You forgot Druids, Feral uses Staffs and Spears … and so does Bear? Also Demon Hunters … which use the exact same set for Tank and DPS.

But yeah. I just think that it is enough pain right now, while you can’t specifically farm one Dungeon like back in the day, where you could run the same heroic dungeon once a day … trying to get the last boss to drop that sweet weapon.
Now all you can do is pray that you are one of the three people that gets loot at the end of the m+ … and thats one item out of like 8.
For me it would not have broken anything, to give every player in the m+ one piece of loot … but thats just me.

I would love to have more variety back … like a Frost DK that can use a 2h, a Windwalker Monk that can use a staff or spear also, maybe allow Druids to use Daggers and Claws with the Maces …

3 Likes

they didn’t remove frost 2H becuase of gearing speed, they removed it because a fully buffed frost DK with a glacially slow two-hand weapon hit like optimus prime on steroids with obliterate, and killing machine give guaranteed crits quite often. so you could ignore crit gear entirely since killing machine is up more than half the time, go all out on raw strength and attack power, and CHOP CHOP CHOP was the name of the game.

damage scaled inversely to your weapon’s attack speed, so often a slower weapon would hit harder than a weapon with more base damage but a faster swing. it was unbalanced and overpowered, i’ll be the first to admit, but instead of tuning the damage they simply removed the ability to use two-handers from frost. it sucks, because the problem wasn’t the sword, it was obliterate’s damage scaling.

6 Likes

Based and redpilled

1 Like

I’m leveling as frost DK right now and I’m often sad when the quest reward is a 2H weapon. It would have been nice if they could have tuned obliterate damage to not scale as much with a slower weapon. I didn’t like how the artifact weapons of Legion forced a new play style. My hope is that a future expansion provides a viable path to do either.

8 Likes

Why is it upon me to fill my bags with 80 pieces of gear? That is for sure a WoW problem my dude. Do simple math. Also coming from a rogue who doesn’t even need to have more than set of gear.

1 Like

If you only used one set of gear as a rogue, you were a horrid rogue. And mmo’s are clearly not for you if having to carry some extra gear is “hard”…

Lets see here, 630 achev points, lvl 110, 212 ilvl, honor lvl 13. Yep it all checks out. Someone who doesn’t even play their class, or most likely even the game is attempting to tell me how to play mine. Why don’t you go and look up Manhole-Velen and see which one of us is better sweetie? I haven’t even done barely any end game content on my rogue but I assure you that you have no real idea what you are talking about. ^.^

3 Likes

Without pointing fingers, Rogue is very much in the same situation as DK, as far as gear it concerned (with the exception of tank trinkets).

3 specs that a player can gear their Azerite to (isn’t difficult). For effectiveness, one could even gear a set for AoE and ST. Then you have weapons, where Outlaw use a different weapon set (2-1h) to Sub/Sin, much like Frost is compared to Blood/Unholy.

Yes, bag space issue is a class wide issue in BFA with the Azerite gear sets required. To say that a Rogue only needs one set of gear, is quite frankly, idiotic.

1 Like

What ever you say sweetie. I just find your comment(s) pretty ironic and pointless in your situation.

1 Like

nah, if that was the case they’d have different weapons for mages/locks/priests, but all three of those don’t get a gear penalty for swapping specs.

4 Likes

I only use 1 set of gear on my rogue which is my main ATM. And I mostly focus on single target and don’t really have problems with AoE. I don’t ‘push keys’ I haven’t even done a single M+ yet this xpack. The thought of doing end game content in BFA makes me want to call my therapist. But I do enjoy lots of Wpvp and don’t seem to have a problem killing people who mayorly outgear me and have way higher neck ilvl. As long as you play your spec well, gear is mostly irrelevant. But I and these comments are getting way off topic as none of this was even remotely the point of my main post of class fantasy and choice with how I play. When you bring in numbers and statistics that kind of defeats the purpose of it all and has no real meaning to the argument.

Explains something at least :roll_eyes:

Just because you don’t feel the need to, doesn’t mean than others that do run higher content, do not consider running sets for different specs or content types. Raiding and dungeons have very different requirement out if gear in many cases.

Again, you’re calling out what is obviously an alt, and you admit to not bothering with great or higher content…

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

And there is a problem with that? Also honor lvl in account wide. FYI I am honor lvl 129. The person I ‘called out’ whom, lets not forget, called me out saying I was ‘bad’ only has an honor lvl of 13. So I feel it is safe to assume they barely play to begin with.

1 Like

And that excuses you for making stupid, generalised assumptions in how someone might gear, without knowing what content they may be experienced in.

Again, you may take an underwhelming view on content. Doesn’t mean others gear the same way, on which case of someone runs multiple specs, or multiple content types, they’re going to have more than one set of gear!

Again, not true. I do casual raiding (H and under) casual pvp, and norm M 5mans for mounts N stuff. I use the same gear for all of it and really have no real problem with finding a high spot on the charts in terms of damage, even in AoE fights were I am built mostly for single target. Skill maters a whole lot more than gear.

The only people that would actually use several sets of gear are high end M raiders and people that push keys into the 20s and 30s. Because that extra 1% maters there and with gear no longer being turned off in pvp it maters in the high end rated pvp as well.

But we are talking about the less than 10% of the player base that takes part in this kind of content. To an average player, they will just slap the highest thing they have on and call it a day, regardless of what it has on it.

If you are bothering to hunt down special traits for every situation or a special set of stated gear and then just running casual pug content you are most likely just wasting your time.

Your ignorance just blew me away, and if you’re happy with one set of gear, that’s on you. Others (more than you think) have stored more for multiple specs and content types.

In general, Raiding has very different traits than Dungeons, and if you’re happy with running one set, supplying mediocre performance, good on you. Not everyone is happy contributing so little…

But don’t assume that gear sets are limited to the highest levels of content.

Done with you, and your ignorance on gear… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My opinion is that DK should be a 2handed class only. They should not be able to even equip one handers.

7 Likes

I agree 100%. And fury warriors should only be able to use 2 1 handers. This isn’t FF, why am I walking around with 2 massive swords, each bigger than my whole body?

4 Likes

Absolutely not! I want the MoP and Legion weapon restrictions removed, not changed.

Fury should never be restricted to only using 1h weapons. TG fury was part of what I really enjoy about fury. The only thing better than using 1 2h weapon is using 2 of them. It’s the only way I can stand dw.

Fury warrior is what I’ve been playing after frost was ruined in Legion.