I mained 2hand frost dk for 7 years

Unholy > Frost

Frost has gotten a 10.00% dmg buff increase in the last 2 weeks? uh what?!?!

Did you quote the wrong person? I post about frost because I want the spec I enjoyed through the end of WoD, frost, to be fun again. It was one of my favorite specs in the game. I’ve never enjoyed unholy. Balance doesn’t have an impact on whether or not I have fun playing a particular spec.

2 Likes

no, we’re getting a 5% flat boost in the next patch that’s in beta on the PTR right now, if i understand it right.

unholy = garbage wannabe necromancer in plate. it always was crap, it IS crap, and it will always BE crap. it’s thematically predisposed to being crap. i don’t care if it does more dps than ten raids combined and can solo every boss in the game while rainbows shoot out it’s jacksie, i’ll delete every character i have before playing unholy.

4 Likes

1st - It’s “you’re”

2nd - I hear ya and although I personally feel DW never should have been introduced to the DK lore and I personally would love nothing more than to see it go away permanently, there are other options. Such as Blizzard stops being lazy and actually balance both play styles. It’s very possible to do this without removing either one from the game. Ultimately I think maybe that would be the best solution for everyone.

3 Likes

it would be. right now frost is like a schitzophrenic rogue in plate without stealth and a bad case of ADHD. the damage is good, but i feel like i’m playing a retro street fighter button masher arcade game slamming keys as fast as procs pop up for killing machine and rime, with a few cooldowns thrown in there for a consolation prize of variety.

i’d rather have a slower paced, harder hitting 2-hand build based around obliterate and a big humongous sword.

8 Likes

P R E A C H

6 Likes

Well said… I totally agree!

When I play Frost now I feel like an undead frozen version of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons.

4 Likes

I remember when as a dk it was less about being fully unholy or frost. You pretty much made sure to get bone shield then play any any spec as dps. Can’t wait for Wrath Classic release in 5 years when we get true dks back.

5 Likes

I just don’t understand the flavor context for DK’s wielding one-handed weapons.

We are immortal undead warriors with limitless stamina described as having supernatural strength, why would we ever wield two toothpicks for any reason?

I feel safe in assuming 95% of DK’s view Arthas as the representative for what a DK should be, how does two small 1-handers make me feel like Arthas? Where is the flavor in this?

9 Likes

You’re poisoning the well with this statement. If you’re already pre-disposed to assume/belittle that any one-handed weapon is a “toothpick,” then I guess your view might make sense. But one-handed weapons are still weapons, and still deadly. The majority of sword mogs nowadays don’t even line up with this whole “toothpick” argument; plenty are nearly the size of a two-handed weapon, and swords aren’t even the only option, with axes and maces being larger choices more often than not. You can easily skirt the whole supposed issue of wielding “toothpicks.”

Next, do you think that it wouldn’t be terrifying to see two weapons coming at you that you couldn’t block on account of that supernatural strength? You might be able to parry or dodge a single weapon swing (be it one-, or two-handed), but two at the same time, or in quick succession makes that much more complicated. The idea that dual-wielding weapons somehow isn’t threatening is pretty silly.

Assumptions mean nothing.

A single lore character will never be the singular end all, be all of any one class. Arthas was our originator, but that doesn’t mean we are going to be carbon copies of him. This is no different than any other class. Not all Warriors are just like Garrosh, Muradin, or Varian. Not all Rogues are just like Garrona, or Mathias Shaw. Not all Mages are just like Jaina, Rhonin, or Antonidas. Not even Demon Hunters are all just like Illidan.

Not every spec is meant to feel like --insert lore character here–; the game and classes are more varied than that. Trying to pigeon-hole the classes like this would be painfully boring, and specs wouldn’t even exist without the need to distinguish different skill sets. If Arthas really is everything that Death Knights should be, then you’d be left with the Unholy spec clad in some frosty looking armor, and the ability to cast Remorseless Winter; Frost wouldn’t exist, and there wouldn’t even be a hint of Blood.

Yeah nah :wink:
And it’s banned, not band :roll_eyes:

I’m not sure what you’re talking about

2 Likes

We had that. And it was Blood DPS in WoTLK.

Big weapons, massive Obliterate Crits, able to summon DRW for even more Oblit burst, quick recover from Death Strike which hits almost as hard thanks to talent bonuses.

A 2H-wielding, slow moving yet unstoppable juggernaut - that’s the OG Blood DPS experience.

Funny how they trying to sell that class fantasy now, yet removed the original one that provided that.

3 Likes

i hated blood dps back then. the frost aesthetic was entirely gone with blood even back then.

I loved blood dps… sooo… okay. lol

Edit: And I’m in favor of it coming back.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize this was about balance and not about class fantasy/cosmetic choice. /end sarcasm

Please go post somewhere else if all you care about is what numbers are on a website.

1 Like

i would happily take a dps hit to play 2h frost. i don’t even have that option anymore, as my frost signature skill, Obliterate, along with several other abilities, simply grey out and become non-functional if i equip one in frost spec.

feelsbadman

9 Likes

I’d like to remind you, Monks could use a 2h or two 1hs too.
Now we are forced to use two 1hs just like Enhancer Shamans or Frost Death Knights.

Windwalker Monks, and Enhancer Shamans are in the same boat like Frost Death Knights are.

1 Like

I think the Loot Design is made this way, to prevent players from being able to play several specialization with one set of gear.

Just look at the Paladin. Explain to me as to why Shields have Strength and Intelligence on them … yet the 1hand is either Strength & Agility or Intelligence.
I know, otherwise the Paladin could dare to be Holy and Protection .

But you see right that with allot Classes. As if it would hurt the game, if DKs could choose on all three specialization’s to run 2h or Dual wield.
Some classes can reuse allot gear, like Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk, Moonkin/Restoration Druid … the list goes on.

I would just wish we had some more flexibility for gear, ring back the 2h Windwalker, 2h Frost Death Knight!

2 Likes

Gear is already ridiculously easy to get. If you can’t gear multiple specs with how easy it is to get gear, it’s a you problem not a WoW problem.

1 Like