I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

Man, the shoe really fits. There’s a lot of problems with story-telling. Some NPC diversity isn’t much of a concern of mine, harms no one, and makes other people happy. There’s no downside unless you’re looking for one, which you clearly are.

Telling you you’re ignorant is not the same thing as me telling you you’re not entitled to an opinion.

I’m sure you’re often told you have bad takes or opinions and have formed a habit of conflating “you have a bad opinion” with “you’re not entitled to one”.

Nice work. I’m fairly confident this is a troll, but for you to even engage in this sort of behavior is very telling. Hope you work this out.

3 Likes

I’d honestly much more prefer second wave of character customization options than getting a new allied race. I’d gladly sacrifice Earthen for that.

5 Likes

Nah I just don’t like to see forced stories to pander to a certain group of people in real life. Make some more interesting stories that fit into the fantasy of the game.

I mean it kind of is after 20 years of them never having beards. For me I’d agree that it would be just reasonable world building if there was more precedent for it but the supporting arguments always take reaching into other fantasy settings for that precedent. Until Earthen I guess.

You can make this argument, with which I agree

Without making this argument

Is it forced storytelling if a couple is straight? If you spend four minutes thinking about your own logic, you’ll ultimately come to the conclusion that the lines you’re drawing are entirely arbitrary. Not too optimistic on that one, though

4 Likes

If it’s pandering yes, I’d be against it. It’s obvious what blizzard was trying to do with some of these stories which wasn’t necessary at all.

I’ll play one, and will probably enjoy it - but yeah, echoing just about everyone else, there could’ve been something cooler/different.

So tired of reskinned races instead of them putting in effort for new models.
Allied races were a mistake so blizzard could be more lazy

2 Likes

I’d sacrifice yet MORE customizations for MOUNTS to get more customizations for playable characters.

Or, heck, for the assets needed to unlock Paladins, Shamans, and Druids for all races.

Seriously, why are mounts getting more customizations than player characters? This is getting ridiculous. It was cute with Dragonriding, but do we really need it again?

3 Likes

That’s no argument with so many subraces available by now and you’ll know this as well.

Yeah, hopeless. All the best!

Right back at ya champ.

I agree

I’d rather get extra spell effects for races that already have various class combos. Like for Tauren Paladin, Nelf priest. I think we already have lots of options for these classes. I’d only add one more option for DH, becuase limiting this class to just one race on both factions is annoying.

But I agree with the mount customization. I don’t even use dragons I mainly stuck with my pterrodaxes.

1 Like

I’d rather get this after they finish unlocking all classes for all races. Just my preference, but the last three classes to be unlocked are some of the most popular among the playerbase, and thus should be available on any race.

Druid is the most limited class in game as far as available races go. The only exceptions are Demon Hunter (a hero class), and Evoker, which was built around a specific race. Out of the original classes of the game, however, Druid is the one with the least options as far as race goes.

2 Likes

It stems from a stupid “lol our women are ugly” joke from Tolkien. As usual, weird people take it out of context and extrapolate it to mean Tolkien’s female Dwarves had beards to suit their own ideations.
They also then extend this to other settings, because nothing can be unique, everything needs to be a homogenized grey world of nothing.

4 Likes

The artists and devs can believe and think what ever they want. I just don’t think a customization option that almost no one asked for, is going to be a selling point for a 3rd Dwarf race… that, also, almost no one asked for.

3 Likes

Ogres…that’s my race if choice I’d give up my cool mechagnome for the big boy

It was a missed chance in BFA, and with all the (my personal guess) twilight cult stuff, this again would be a great chance to have ogres.

We do love dwarves, but we already have 2 types. I want Taunka’le still for Tauren customization. Not Earth Dwarves…

And I am not a fan of this decision, because that leads to homogenisation. I was excited for troll druids but they were lumped to CC where they have no agency and play a second fiddle to the nelves. Therefore it is super lame.

2 Likes

I think that’s the point for many people. Without total homogenization they claim to be “forced” into making certain choices, ie race/class combos. If you provide those combos with unique aesthetics based on the race then there is a danger they will feel “forced” to roll a certain combo to have those aesthetics.

Plus there’s just the “I want it and I want it now” attitude that many people have. If it wasn’t here ten days ago they are just taking too long.