I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

They made a whole race(Void Elves) just to spite people that wanted High Elves.
If people didn’t learn then that they hate the average player, then nothing will teach you.

4 Likes

Adding Ogres to horde and Vrykuls to the alliance, the two giant-kin, ancestors of humans and orcs would be the the easy, safest and coolest decision, that everybody and their mothers asked to.

But they still decided on rock dwarves, and like, for BOTH factions, not even something just for the alliance to give, i dunno, fire trolls for horde, the Amani forest trolls, but noooooooooooo

Their disconnection to their own playerbase is laughable.

Blood elves are high elves, the race is already playable since 2007 with another name.

They made void elves because that race was already playable, in another faction, thus, a new race was needed. and they even gave you all the blood elves customisation to look like one, since it all boils down to appearance, that is anything but spite.

4 Likes

For players who love tentacled monster races eeeee ^w^

Honestly, I don’t know if adding even more humans to the Alliance would be particularly beneficial, but during Legion, there was a perfect opportunity to add them, and huge Vikings are definitely more appealing than overweight humans or diaper gnomes. Ogres on the other hand should have been added over a decade ago… but instead of making one of the core races of the Horde playable, it was deemed better to stuff Night Elves/Borne, female humans for Evoker, and soon Dwarf 3.0 into the Horde. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s 6 months later and I still don’t understand the decision to add Earthen. or, at least the way they’re presented. But, at least the women have beards, because that’s what people have been clamoring for for YEARS, and that’s what is REALLY going to get people to main a Earthen “FoR THe Nexxtt 20 YeARSS.”

2 Likes

Been waiting since 2004 for playable Naga.
After 20 years, I don’t think its going to happen. )=

Don’t play dumb. The ideological difference is plenty enough to add the Silver Covenant as playable.
This is an RPG. If you don’t feel that ideologies are important, then you might as well throw out all the lore in its entirety.

2 Likes

None of those interest me either. Give me Drakonids and Saberon.

Vrykul are another type of Human, and High Elves are another type of Elf. Ogres might be a more reasonable candidate, as they are not too similar to any existing playable races.

2 Likes

It’s probably some woke artists and devs with new thing that genders don’t exist is why female dwarves will have beards.

1 Like

I mean, if we only ever got new races based on what is already popular, we’d never get anything but elves ever again.

1 Like

Female Dwarves have had beards in most high fantasy IPs for decades, including Lord of the Rings. :snowflake:

3 Likes

Yeah, game already has four flavors of elf, six if you count demon hunters.

1 Like

Man, you straight ignorant. Like there’s even a scene in LOTR Two Towers in which Gimli is describing how female dwarves often get confused for male dwarves

4 Likes

Nah, if the Devs built actually interesting looking characters people would play them. Imagine if Kul’Tirans weren’t Panda shaped. Instead, they were simply shorter Vrykul. So not quite as tall as Vrykul, but as tall and muscular as KTs currently are. So KTs without the Panda belly.

That race would be close to humans on the Alliance side in terms of players. Definitely be higher than the others.

3 Likes

I’m a little rusty on my titan construct lore, but if Earthen are made of … earth … Can’t they just shape themselves to whatever they want?

Dwarves of all persuasions having beards is also a fantasy staple.

1 Like

That was painful to watch. I felt so bad for the presenters. It wasn’t their fault.

Same with the Diablo Immortal guys. Poor devs were just making what they were told to at what they once thought would be their dream job and got booed. :grimacing:

To be fair, once upon a time way back in the olden days… players were asking for wildhammer dwarves. But that ship sailed ages ago.

Maybe they are saving high elves and ogres (and player housing) as a sort of emergency rip cord. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

So because Gimli jokes about it in a 20year old movie is the reason these new dwarf females should have a beard? Lol

If it’s so prominent in fantasy ip’s why don’t female og dwarves and dark iron have beards? I mean it’s so iconic and prominent in fantasy games :roll_eyes: yeah some games might have it but c’mon lol.

In theory, all female dwarves can have beards if that’s what the IP wants to do.

It’s not weird for female dwarves to have beards.

Of course if the lens through which you view the world only operates in a “woke vs not woke” dimension, you’re going to see this as “woke”, instead of just reasonable world-building

4 Likes

Well wildhammer dwarves are just og dwarves with war paint. And they gave dwarves that option now.

1 Like

So Chromie’s identity crisis in a short story, 2 gay dudes in Valdrakken and gay marriage thing with Centaur storyline. Now this, kinda seems forced. I really don’t even care I’m not gonna play an earthen, it might be difficult to know which is female or male though lol. This is just my opinion, you know people can have opinions right?