I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

The only base race less popular than dwarves is Goblins. I think there are enough box features for TWW expac that they could have thrown us Earthen in a later Season. Nobody would like it any more than they do now, but at least it wouldn’t feel like it is supposed to be a big deal.

they are playabe since burning crusade, troll post next

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s Gnomes. Or, well, Gnomes within the Alliance, Goblins within the Horde. Although I don’t even see Goblins that rarely. I mean, sure, nowadays almost everyone plays either Blood Elf or Vulpera, but still, every now and then, I see a Goblin too.

Yeah… The earthen feels like a waste to make an allied race…
Just a new skin for dwarfs and done. No point being neutral either as we can all already group and guild together anyway.

Apparently it’s mechagnomes for alliance and high mountain tauren overall surprisingly.

I was referring only to the old races. If it applies to all races, then Mechagnomes would probably be the least played race by a considerable margin, yep. It’s not surprising at all, though. I can remember back then there were specific threads asking for Mechagnomes not to come, but of course, they were imposed on players anyway. It almost felt like the devs were trolling the players.

But aside from Mechagnomes, almost all Allied Races should have just been customization options anyway. It looks extremely cheap the way Blizzard is handling all these copy&paste races now.

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that. Due to the fact that the devs still insist on their outdated racial separation, players are still unable to play their favorite races in their favorite faction.
Granting access to races from the other faction is, in itself, a good thing. However, there is no need for a third copy of an already existing race. As far as I understand, in the case of Dwarves, there was a request for Dark Irons on the Horde side. So, they could have simply made them neutral instead of creating a third recolor that almost no one wants.

Was silence through the whole thing apart from a couple of topics from memory. Was really awkward, the damage from the last couple of years is on show in this blizzcon

One allied race isnt enough for huge blizzcon hype imo, this is a allied race its nothing new its the same model\animations just slightly different customizations and slightly bigger model. Kind of expected a mild crowd for this announcement, its not like its a new class or spec

1 Like

You’re right, I had old data. Excluding allied races gnomes are least popular then dwarves then goblins. Also 1 in 3 characters is some kind of elf :man_elf::woman_elf::elf:

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:

I like my Dark Iron Dwarves, my Zandalari Trolls and my Nightborne as they are.

Also by Blizz:

“There are several developers who love allied races and would love to see the system continue, since it’s a cool way to introduce new races. When it feels right to use, they will.”

So they just need to choose the good races for this system. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Also crystal beards and crystal hairs for Earthen could fix some problems. :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

I would have liked dark rangers as a race option or class option honestly. I mean they already have the assets. Do it. Hell they even set the story up for it.

With undead nightelves we could have had undead druids oh my Jesus Blizzard what are you doing with yourselves.

They should remove them as a feature. We don’t need new races every expansion. Dracthyr were just added…

1 Like

Dwarves are cool, i love the way my dark iron and wildhammer dwarf look

Another race is another race. I just hope I get void customization, like real grey skin and old God eyes so I can stop wearing this skin.

I felt bad for her but she took it like a champ and kept going. They probably told her if they don’t get all excited just continue on like normal and don’t let them see the fear in your face, lol.

I want Ogres, Mok’nathal, Murlocs, Gnolls, Furbolg, Forest trolls and San’layn, even though I am not an elf fan Horde needs a vampire counter to Alliance werewolves.

Personally, as soon as I heard stone dwarves for both factions my Horde Ogre salt pile got bigger. I rage quit for about 6 years when they gave us Panda’s. And every race that they introduce before Ogres just makes me hate Blizz a little more each time. Part of the reason I leave WoW from time to time is because they keep disrespecting Ogres with all these races that should’ve never come before Ogres. Only race I can give a pass on is Goblins and that’s it.

Funny thing is that I am not even a huge Ogre fan or wasn’t at least. Sure I’d like to have them but if you had asked me my top 5-10 races I’m not sure Ogres would’ve been in there. But it is about legitimacy, the legitimate order in which the core races should’ve been introduced and it wasn’t. Forest Trolls should’ve come after Ogres. :salt: :mount_fuji:

To each their own.

2 Likes

player requests. Not just Ogres.
There are so many good suggestions and they impose things that are clear from the beginning that hardly anyone wants. It’s not the first time that players are stuck with a race that almost no one likes. I find it really annoying.

3 Likes

I always wondered why no one of the CC ever called them out on this. Does everyone forgets that we are all together paying customers, who finance their development ideas?

2 Likes

also naga, horde should be allied with naga. surely theres a group who didnt follow azshara but who have ancestors that heeded illidan’s call to rescue kael’thas and co. from garithos’ madness. i realize many of them were killed in tbc, but there were ALOT on azeroth too.

alliance list: helfs, vrykul, ethereals, broken draenei, tuskarr, wod arrakoa, waveblade ankoan or jinyu, sethrak and of course, murlocs and gnolls.

2 Likes

Per the DH Class Hall campaign, the Coilskar still exist.

2 Likes

It’s really hard to understand. They could rake in so much money with popular races, but instead, they release things that absolutely everyone can predict almost no one will touch. It’s bad enough that there are already so many duplicate races within a faction, but to bring out the same race three times and then present it as a new race and expansion feature… it almost seems like the devs take pleasure in trolling their players. Something I’ve often wondered about them. :sweat_smile:

Gee, wonder who’s alt decided to necro their own… sorry… this completely random topic.

2 Likes