I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

I agree, the faintly glowing flagon of mead toy turns you into one and that height would be a great option for both vrykul ogres. I’d certainly make one.

1 Like

It would be interesting, but I see your race, your face, and your presence of lizard people with wings and not like a real dragon, and there I realize that their existence is the reason that Blizzard doesn’t care at all about what we want.

You don’t understand that drachtyr is not the dragon race that belongs to Azeroth, it’s any invention that Blizzard made that doesn’t belong in the WoW environment, it’s a bad joke, and a reason why Netharion locked it out of that vault.

I would have liked another race to make this thread, because in the end you are worse than the new allied race that is coming for the next expansion.

Seriously, the earthen will be bad, but not worse than when they were announced as DF content.

im one of those people who make a post every expansion about allied races or new races. Ive posted asking for earthen, and frostborn dwarves. Im not the only one. My biggest issue here though, is they aren’t giving me what i asked for. I want the earthen we saw so long ago in old expansions, somehow stockier dwarves with stone skin, no hair, and stone beards in anything. I like the crystals on the new earthen, but they are lacking identity when they are geared up. Dark irons still have fiery beards, these guys dont have much. And as far as the female dwarves with beards… if they wanted a gender neutral race, they should have added ogres, after all, they never figured out female models for them hence why they got cut.

2 Likes

I definitely don’t want Ogres, Vrykul or High Elves. Don’t want another dwarf race, either. I want something else, nothing I can quite put my finger on yet, but nothing that’s been stated here almost ever. Dragons was good, but needs more.

FemDwarves do not exist. They reproduce by budding, or sticking a stone in the ground with a carved face. Don’t even try with that nonsense.

People definitely want high elves and some people probably want vrykul but nobody actually wants ogres. If people really wanted to play big fat guys who aren’t even cute like pandarens are then they’d play Kul Tiran humans but they don’t.

Easily enough done by making a Male Kul Tiran and mogging him in some Saronite armor. But we don’t wanna do that. We wanna NOT wear amor and turn our Void Elves into slootmogged ‘High Elves’ with blonde hair and green eyes. Because that makes sense…

I don’t really care about vrykul but they’re built far more like zandalari trolls, which have one of the most attractive character models out of all the non-elf races.

People do not want to play big fat guy races, and they really don’t want to play big fat guy races that have skin that looks like human skin (big furry fat guys like pandaren are bit different), so that’s why if ogres are ever added to the game they’re obviously not going to be popular.

People don’t want earthen dwarves either but it’s connected to the lore of the next expansion so that’s probably why they’re going to add that.

Idk, I think they’d be popular because, let’s be real, so many people in this game are outright closet furries that won’t say anything because they don’t wanna be called out and, you do you, I don’t care about that… Or they are Monsterlovers. The the nth degree. They’ll play it because it’ll have some unholy broken racial or passives that put it 9 cuts above the rest.

I think the biggest reason we won’t ever see ogres isn’t because of a female model, it’s fitting all the current mog armor to their mesh. It would be a nightmare for the animation and art teams and I would far rather they put their attention to a new expansion.

At least we Horde got a new dwarf race.

Sorry Alliance.

1 Like

Maybe we will get a Troll race in the next expansion :stuck_out_tongue:

After the Dracthyr I was hoping WoW would add something menacing or not cute at least. But then they dropped more dwarves. Hopefully the ‘women’ dwarves can have beards or something.

1 Like

Barely anyone plays dwarves as is, so adding a 3rd dwarf race is going to get the attention of only a tiny number of players.

4 Likes

Sigh, just can’t win with this one. They seem deadset on adding nothing but, the laziest worst renditions of races to the game.

Been, waiting on more interesting actual races like Dryads, Naga, Harpies, Ogres, etc to the game. Instead we get yet another dwarf reskin and an even uglier one at that.

Don’t even @ me that it’s not possible for armor or mount reasons when crap like Drakthyr exist in game. Could easily just have them change form when needed or even add a “chariot” like addition to carry them when they mount something.

This was pure and simple laziness… or a complete lack of taste given the bearded fem dwarves for some bizarre reason. Probably both given the ugly redesign of all Dryads. Maybe some people like to rp being a circus attraction.

2 Likes

dwarf player chiming in that we got enough dwarves. Plenty of other races to try

3 Likes

Yeah, I see a lot of alliance yappenin’ about “too many dwarves”. But, some of us horde are still bitter that dark irons didn’t go to us. I certainly am, given that I exclusively play Horde because I cannot get into Alliance for the life of me despite trying multiple times over the past 19 years. This level 16 night elf character I’m posting on from years ago is a good example of that. She’s just a bank now. So, it’s about time we had our dwarf day too. However, I can’t help but notice that it seems weird to launch an entire expansion with one of the features being called a new allied race, yet its only ONE allied race. Considering it’s like… not a unique model or rig or anything, it seems pretty suspicious that Earthen would be the only playable race released in the expansion. I think more need to be announced alongside earthen to sweeten the crowd up, instead of just earthen because Im excited for earthen due to reasons above, but, I know not everyone is.

But they recycled the Goblin skeleton and left the ape length arms, which don’t really look great. I still like them, but they could have tweaked the skeleton just a bit there.

Just like the two identical Tauren races.

Yeah, but they’re not goblins. Like, they’re not goblins with fursuit cosmetics. Recycling skeletons isn’t too bad if it’s a whole new race. It’s not like Mechagnomes where if a gnome has a prosthesis they’re a whole other race (which is a whole weird message I’m not gonna get into) or if tauren have antlers they’re a whole other race, or if orcs are brown.

I do agree with that. Would be nice if they’d made the arms a bit smaller.

The crowd was super dead because blizzard has released mid games for a while imo, its getting better but cant change over a quick month. Now that employees are not treated awfully hopefully it gets better

Well, offering one low budget race as an “expansion feature”, while at the end of Legion, they’re throwing four recolors at us at once, certainly won’t bring the masses back. That much is certain, at least.
If they insist on recolors instead of actual new races, they should have at least chosen two Horde races and two Alliance races. But giving us only one recolor, and then of all things, from Dwarves, of whom we already have two versions… well… no thanks.

4 Likes