I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

The next race should have been unique. I have nothing against dwarfs but this will be their 3rd incarnation as a playable character.
I would rather have seen a mixed group of survivors, every existing race from both factions in the game, who had splintered off and created a 3rd/neutral faction of mercenaries that you could switch from being Alliance to Horde or back again.

2 Likes

Don’t you all have phones!

I don’t have a problem with the foxes, I DO have a problem with their scooby doo theme song that’s taken over Orgrimmar since they moved in

2 Likes

Totally agree with that. Don’t know why I’m listening to some goofy music while I’m in the Org AH. Be like if they stuck the Tinkertown music in the SW AH.

2 Likes

Tossing this in here instead:

2 Likes

Ogres are possible (though they’d be really runty), Vyrkul are already playable as humans and high elves are a trash pick.

Huh lol

No they aren’t.

I also suspect The Last Titan being in Northrend would be a cool moment to do vrykul-esque race, the frostbros.

5 Likes

4 Likes

But, but, they’re taller!

Its just an Allied Race, really all that means is a repainted race that we already have. Nothing really new to see. I don’t know what people expected as a reaction to it, in the 1st place.

Earthen are definitely surprising, in that I think it was pretty obvious that they were never going to be super exciting to people. They’re a fine enough addition – certainly better than “Void Elves” or “Mechagnomes”, imo – but I think they could’ve gotten a lot more people on-board with a number of other options.

Ogres and Vrykul, for sure. I would also say Gnolls would’ve been great, or even making Kobolds based on the Gnome rig (which would finally give us a true parallel to the Vulpera).

1 Like

2 Likes

Even worse is they gave them regular hair for their beards. If they had stone beards you would at least be able to tell them apart from regular dwarves when they wear armor

3 Likes

Nobody is going to play them except for current dwarf enjoyers which is a very small amount of people.

1 Like

I don’t know how I feel about sparkle dwarves
It depends on the level of sparklyness. I need to see more.

It sounds like nothing more than a customization being sold as an expansion feature. Meh.

4 Likes

Yeah kid, they are.

The Vrykul basically had a bunch of runty little kids that were supposed to be put to death but some of their parents had enough compassion to instead exile them where they eventually wound up in the eastern kingdoms.

Further, the reason you aren’t getting the full sized version is for the same reason that the taurens aren’t as big as they’re supposed to be: they’d get stuck moving through environments.

What is up with people on these forums calling strangers , kid, darling, sweety, etc, doubt you reply like that to strangers in real life .

And no, playable humans are not vrykul and vice versa.

4 Likes

A faction of naga, free from the influence of the old gods and rudderless thanks to the absence of Azshara attempt to reconnect with with their erstwhile kin. New Alliance allied race.
A small group of nerubians, changed by Xala’tath against their will and horrified by the control she exerts on their people reach out to the Horde for aid via their taunka trading partners. New allied race for the Horde + taunka customization for tauren.

Two minutes on the toilet and I’ve fixed your expansion. This one’s free but I’m charging $10k per consult going forward.

1 Like

They usually think it’s some kind of “gotcha” but it’s really just condescending and childish

3 Likes