I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

Honestly that begs the question if we will get neutral versions of all the base races, would be interesting to see horde humans and alliance orcs.

I wish they’d put the effort into it and done it properly instead of making it some Bronzeheard customizations.

If I were in charge, for 10.2.5 or 10.2.7, I’d open up Dracthyr to other classes and add Drakonid as a playable neutral allied race with even some primal customizations. It’d be a great way to end the expansion and give people something to do until War Within.

I doubt it’ll happen as that’s a lot more effort than the dark ranger skin we got at the end of the last one.

Not the first time dwarven females were described as having beards. I don’t recall if it was in the original books, but in the movies Gimli (LOTR) said it was hard to distinguish females from the males due to their beards. :wink:

Options are great for whoever wants to use them.

A lot like that same expansion having the ogre necromancer and the dragon as the end boss of that area and more necromancers in Maldraxxus, but playable? Nope.

There’s people that want to play them and they are one of the last original horde races that aren’t playable.

The faintly glowing flagon of mead toy turns you into one. The height works fine and looks great. You still tower over most other playable races.

A stone hair option would be cool, but basically because they are infected by the same curse of flesh. They’re just more resistant, so didn’t affect their skin.

Resistant not immune. It’s in a book in-game. You find it in the new version of Uldaman.

I’d really like a void focused class too. Would be great to finally get one.

Also, they’re bigger than dwarfs normally are.

Back before BfA came out, the talk of the town was that ‘traitor races’ would be a good way for Blizzard to go:
Defias Humans for Horde
Royalist Undead for Alliance
Dark Iron Dwarves for Horde
Grimtotem Tauren for Alliance
etc.

Unfortunately, that never happened, except with Void Elves for the Alliance.

It would have solved a ton of problems and been way better than the crap allied races thing they gave us, instead.

3 Likes

I want to see playable murlocs, I’d immediately drop $ for race changes on my characters

This sounds actually very fitting - DID have a splinter group which does not support the Three Hammers. The Grimtotem are basically a subrace for the Horde, so this won’t cut it.

never heard any of this in my life

We need Tuskarr.

2 Likes

I really never understood the addition of void elves over high elves.

We were told high elves didn’t have a large enough population to be playable, so what do they do?

They create a new race that literally has a fraction of the numbers that high elves do…

Thats so illogical its not even funny lol. I mean theres what? Maybe 200 ish void elves? If that.

4 Likes

it was a very unpopular request for horde players, who saw blood elves as their most popular race, and they have been since tbc. the horde can thank blood elves for their massive popularity for the last 14 years. so alliance, who the horde players and devs view as a bunch of whiny losers, asking to have a copy/paste of the horde’s secret sauce, was destined for failure and is why everything we’ve gotten since then was designed to reiterate and perpetuate the whiny loser meme.

whats the least played race in the game? mechagnomes, an alliance race that looks like its wearing a diaper.
whats the second least played? kul’tirans who are strong men/women who have obesity problems.

3 Likes

Im good with the Earthens, i hope Blizzard give them crystal/rock/lava/grass/moss hair, because “normal” hair its a bit meh for me.
Im happy Blizzard made them taller than the standar Dwarf and BlackIron Dwarf (i hope the height difference is noticiable and not 1 inch taller).

Im not sure if they should be Death Knights, they are rock creatures, not flesh and bone; and I dont know why they cant be druids (they being Druids sounds more logical and cool than DKs)

3 Likes

Pre-BfA I remember Mechagnomes being on many people’s lists of requested sub-races here on the forums, though people who said that back then likely meant Wrath-style Mechagnomes rather than what Blizz ended up giving us.

1 Like

yeah mechagnomes woulda been cool as full mecha, with lights on their chasis and metal hair/beards/mustaches. the females coulda had metal skirts, it wouldve been cool. their mogs woulda been even more limited as they wouldve been mostly in the barber instead of transmorgrifier

Well lets hope now that microsoft is in charge they actually listen.

I mean its like saying you want a cheese burger but they give you a hotdog and say aint you happy!?

Like why cant I just get my damn cheese burger!?

Then again when you don’t hire off skill and only hire off of check boxes this is what you get.

3 Likes

I like the idea of stone dwarves but yeah the crowd wasn’t that hyped for that I still hold out hope one day we will get a proper necromancer class

1 Like

12 Likes

yeah the earthen dwarf allied race really is not something that people are going to like, there are a few very odd things about the earthen allied race that many people simply dislike.

agree, WoW needs another dwarf race like they need a hole in the head. totally meh

2 Likes

Bipedal Nerubians were right there.

7 Likes

I was sarcastic as hell in my post :blush: