I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

truth be told earthen seems like a safe choice for the developers, already have a pretty decent in game model to use for player use. They are pretty vanilla - dwarf skeleton - so not that complex i guess
However I cant say I felt any excitement bout the race in general. Iʻll probably make one just to see what its like, but overall its pretty “Meh”

1 Like

that silence was noticeable. they’d been better off to just to let us pick which faction we want our characters in. it would have gotten much better feed back

4 Likes

Wait, more races and stuff? Count me in.

i agree, i freaking hate the new race, what a WASTE. Why not Saberon, or literally anything else new?

5 Likes

Another race that should’ve been customization is always bad, wonder if it’ll have less or even numbers as mechagnomes.

They didn’t even sell out of tickets which usually sell out instantly.

We should’ve gotten something like Ogres, Gnolls, Naga, Sethrakk, something like that.

1 Like

I don’t love dwarves. I don’t HATE them either though. Dark Iron are cool but not enough for me to really play one much. I’d of rather had Ogre, Gnolls, Worgen with tails even.

I was thinking the same.

The iron dwarves in Ulduar have metal beards, so they could do it :thinking:

I would have preferred Saberon or Tortollan. I like turtles!

3 Likes

I must be miss remembering but I though there weren’t going to be anymore allied races.

That’s not what I’m implying at all. I wanted Wildhammer Dwarves as a full race for far longer than they’ve been culturally appropriated by Bronzebeards. But I do recognize that a bone has been thrown.

Earthen are… fine. I’ll make and play one.

But they certainly weren’t high on my list of desired additions.

That was the plan, but i think they really meant the “rep grind” type of AR like the previous ones.

Earthen are unlocked at the end of the 11.0 campaign and thats it, apparently.

I like launch races its fun doing starter zones like pandaren or Dracthyr

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately. They prefer to play themselves as Mary Sues/Gary Stues before enjoying the fantasy-part of World of Warcraft.

I blame the racials for it.

Because you are Alliance and don’t deserve it. Your purpose is to give the Horde-developers the money. Sadly the bitter truth.

1 Like

Never stated by the Devs. Their last words were that more Allied Races would be added when and where it made sense.

The idea that there would be no more Allied Races was a narrative pushed by players looking to put down those still wanting more races and reskins.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t really care what new cosmetic we get with the expansion, as long as the gameplay is good.

We already have the tribes that are to be reunited. We don’t have Forest trolls.

Dwarves are an Alliance race and the Horde are going to get them in the War Within so Midnight should have a Horde race going neutral. Forest trolls are in the area and are the secondary race of the Horde much like the Dwarves are for the Alliance.

If anything would prevent them from doing that, it would be that its TOO on the nose IMO.

They did say they were larger than normal dwarfs, so it might have gone down better if they’d shown the size difference by having them stand next to other current Classes.

Okay, I sort of understand Vrykrul (with their wild look), and maybe Ogres (though Half-ogres like Rexxar would be better), but why do people have such a fetish for High Elves? Would they be any different from Blood Elves or Void Elves?

High Elves are the classic Lord of the Rings Legolas-fantasy who work with Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and so on together. It’s a fantasy denied by the developers and has been criticized for decades now. Only the Alliance have them exclusively as a subrace for the Void Elves, but the racials, hairstyles and transmogs does not reflect it well enough.

Blood Elves have forego being High Elves through the events of WC3, officially, and are part of the Horde now. They look like pure High Elves but don’t fit the bill. Only the Alliance does at the moment, because they are the only ones who can use the actual Quel’dorei transmogs, which are Alliance-exclusive.

A recent post also brought the original quote up, that they are no High Elves anymore:

1 Like

Basically people can’t handle that their blind devotion to boring fantasy tropes isn’t being adhered to in absolute perfection so they stamp their little feet in ridiculous tantrums. How dare a fantasy not follow the exact story elements of every other fantasy!

3 Likes