I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

Well, dwarves aren’t first on my list since we have two options already but I am happy I’ll get one of the coolest Alliance races for the Horde.

I’m a fan of dwarves generally but announcing earthen of all things as the first and only new allied race after several years is absolutely crazy. They’re not even distinct at all they just look like lightforged dark irons. Also making them neutral was a weird choice as well.

But the plurality of the Horde are Blood Elves, and it’s by a significant margin.

Better than another elf race.

Still, coulda been an Orc or Ogre.

how are you just unable to comprehend math.

if 35% of the faction is blood elves, this means 65% are not blood elves.

meaning the MAJORITY of Horde Players are not playing blood elves.

is blood elf the most popular race? Yes.
Are they the majority of the Horde Playerbase? No.

This isnt the same for the alliance that is 80% Humans and Night Elves and then like 11% Void elves. leaving the last 9% to be split among stuff like dwarves,gnomes,worgen and etc.

Plurality =/= Majority.

The Blood Elves are absolutely the largest population of players in the Horde, by a huge margin. Which again highlights that despite people saying they want ‘spiky, metal, ugly, vicious’ races, they’re going to pick the pretty ones over it.

On its own, it’s not a problem, but when the Horde tries to cultivate this image of hardened and brutal survivors, and their primary groups are comprised of BT2 BEs, there’s a bit of dissonance.

3 Likes

math.learn.it.

This tbh^^

4 Likes

PLURALITY =/= MAJORITY.

Look in a dictionary for goodness’s sake.

7 Likes

Maybe 11.1 we go deeper and find the Dark Troll empire. They become an Allied race. Still want the humanoid Nerubians playable. Why even create them?

4 Likes

The Nerubian humanoids might end up as an allied race down the road. They mentioned that not every Nerubian was happy with their Queen aligning them with the Void and we’ve worked with rebels before.

5 Likes

Honestly, it would have been cooler if the Dwarves we already played learned to control the curse of flesh better and got earthen customizations.

It would have been some interesting story at least.

We have Mountain Dwarves, Volcano Dwarves, and Hill Dwarves (Through Customization) so cave-ier Dwarves aren’t all that exciting.

People who like Dwarves already play them. These guys don’t offer anything aside from rocky skin.

And people have been wanting Iron Dwarves and Frostborn Dwarves since wrath.

And it’s weird that they have normal hair… At least rock hair would have made them more unique and make more sense.

As people said, we already have class faction guilds. So a Dwarf playing with Horde is already a regular occurrence.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think the crowd cared about that announcement. They were basically like “Yeah, whatever, just show us the good stuff!” To my surprise, they did just that.

I was waiting to see the reaction again when Ion brought them up lol. So lackluster.

3 Likes

I think if they had been, say, those iron dwarves from Northrend, I might have been way more receptive. I’ve always thought they were great.

1 Like

Except for Vulpera and Kultrian all of the allied races could have been fun quests/story lines for the player to earn while playing to add to the core races. Content that wasn’t just end game stuff but had a noticeable change for the character.

1 Like

mid is good enough.

It was actually worse today. Ion announced it and like you got a few unenthusiastic cheers. It was pretty awkward. He switched to the Dragonriding coming to old world and the cheers are such a stark difference it was a bit… sad.

6 Likes

probably because most of the racials cant be used if you want to bis

I assume that one is coming in Midnight. And who knows what we’ll get in Titan…vyrkul? Valkyr? Ogre? Who knows.

1 Like