I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

Its so bad, mate. They crapping on all foundations of the game. Their lack of ability to address the racials over the better part of a decade that created the massive imbalance at high end end game was ‘solved’ eventually by xfaction gameplay. Ok, but why ruin the rp aspect of faction identity is beyond me.
Watching Metzen yelling ‘wheres the Horde at, wheres the Alliance at’ as if it matters in the game anymore. Look what these ppl did to your baby, Chris, in only a few years of ur absence. In classic it still counts, yes, but retail? They pooped all over that for no reason.
From the announcement i get a feeling chris came in last year and was like “damn danuser this story is all over the shop, lets just try and make it cohesive and finish this mess off and move on after the world soul saga”.
Im already slowly checking out of retail i think and if they nail classic+ eventually im pbbly going back to that type of game. No furries, no super best friends, no anime dragons. Just HvA, old gods, scourge, fel, legion, the old world… the good stuff. The real warcraft.

7 Likes

They’re new beards though. And they could have just as easily used a stone texture instead of a hair texture so your argument makes no sense. Having hair has nothing to do with cost. If anything it’s more expensive to do hair, because hair textures are more involved and stone ones would allow for lower poly models to still look appropriate.

2 Likes

Ikr??? It’s like they hate money or something

Why do stone creatures have hair? Wotlk earthen had earthen beards not hair. My argument still holds. Why charge a race change just for new beards and grey skin?

3 Likes

A million Dwarf races. “Should’ve just given us another Elf race, so we can have 1 million of those instead!” People can’t be this stubbornly redundant, but then again, they’re probably just childishly lashing out at Blizzard for adding yet another Dwarf race.

Ogre is stupid and ugly, please stop suggesting that. Also they’re extremely easy to corrupt and did nothing but lay waste to kingdoms, no existing races wants them.

Arakkoa are stupid and ugly. Are even more easily corrupted than Ogres and are indistinct from one another basically. They’re like Ogres except they destroyed themselves.

Tuskarr. Very ugly, very weak, very indistinct and very few of them.

They should’ve added Kyrians as a sub race. Smh.

They just look like regular dwarves with glowing eyes and different skin tones with tattoos. They didn’t put any effort into making them look like actual earthen.

8 Likes

Why would they listen to the forums when its quitee literaly the worst placeto take any feedback from. Specially general discussion.

1 Like

Its a cash grab for race changes when it should be regular dwarf flavor, or simply put more effort into the actual distinct earthen look. But they took the low effort route to scre w the customer

I’d rather have new dwarves, foxes, and gnomes that any of those. Especially elves, we already have 4 elf races and they’re so boring.

1 Like

And considering we have five other options (and technically 12 if you count ARs and neutrals like Dracthyr and Pandaren), the fact that it’s that skewed toward a single option is a humongous issue.

WoW players say they want dark and gritty and spiky, but almost half of the entire Horde picks the dainty elf.

6 Likes

Furthering my point about stop suggesting GD Ogres lmaooooo.
“Blizz we want Ogres!!!”
Proceeds to roll a Blood Elf with 3 Elf alts.

1 Like

And all of this could have been avoided if they’d just given Alliance Earthen and Horde Dark Iron in BfA, instead of cramming in Allied races that we didn’t know existed until they were Allied races.

Confused Tauren and Pandaren noises.

2 Likes

I really hope it won’t be the only allied race for this expansion.

2 Likes

For real, as soon as I saw their humanoid models I was flabbergasted that we didn’t get those instead.

3 Likes

I figured they would do another low effort allied race, even said it in a different thread.

People honestly thought Blizz would just add new unique races without a grind for them.

3 Likes

Imagine being such a troll not to give the alliance helfs but instead some rectum derived void elves in the same xpac that the (silver covenant) helfs are on the alliance wf battleships. Seriously :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Story hasn’t focused on Belves since TBC.

1 Like

And that was enough.

Nah, the void stuff is really interesting. Maybe in another 15 years they’ll do something about Kul’tiran again. Even though hardly anyone has shown interest in them.