I loved the resounding silence at Earthen Allied race

Yes, unfortunately. They prefer to play themselves as Mary Sues/Gary Stues before enjoying the fantasy-part of World of Warcraft.

I blame the racials for it.

Because you are Alliance and don’t deserve it. Your purpose is to give the Horde-developers the money. Sadly the bitter truth.

1 Like

Never stated by the Devs. Their last words were that more Allied Races would be added when and where it made sense.

The idea that there would be no more Allied Races was a narrative pushed by players looking to put down those still wanting more races and reskins.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t really care what new cosmetic we get with the expansion, as long as the gameplay is good.

We already have the tribes that are to be reunited. We don’t have Forest trolls.

Dwarves are an Alliance race and the Horde are going to get them in the War Within so Midnight should have a Horde race going neutral. Forest trolls are in the area and are the secondary race of the Horde much like the Dwarves are for the Alliance.

If anything would prevent them from doing that, it would be that its TOO on the nose IMO.

They did say they were larger than normal dwarfs, so it might have gone down better if they’d shown the size difference by having them stand next to other current Classes.

Okay, I sort of understand Vrykrul (with their wild look), and maybe Ogres (though Half-ogres like Rexxar would be better), but why do people have such a fetish for High Elves? Would they be any different from Blood Elves or Void Elves?

High Elves are the classic Lord of the Rings Legolas-fantasy who work with Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and so on together. It’s a fantasy denied by the developers and has been criticized for decades now. Only the Alliance have them exclusively as a subrace for the Void Elves, but the racials, hairstyles and transmogs does not reflect it well enough.

Blood Elves have forego being High Elves through the events of WC3, officially, and are part of the Horde now. They look like pure High Elves but don’t fit the bill. Only the Alliance does at the moment, because they are the only ones who can use the actual Quel’dorei transmogs, which are Alliance-exclusive.

A recent post also brought the original quote up, that they are no High Elves anymore:

1 Like

Basically people can’t handle that their blind devotion to boring fantasy tropes isn’t being adhered to in absolute perfection so they stamp their little feet in ridiculous tantrums. How dare a fantasy not follow the exact story elements of every other fantasy!

3 Likes

Wow, projection much? Get over yourself dude.

2 Likes

No, I’m not but it says a lot about you that you immediately jump to that conclusion. I love the fantasy and sci-fi genre but every story doesn’t need to adhere to the same tired tropes everytime. Just bc you want boring and bland doesn’t mean we all do. Again, get over yourself.

2 Likes

They aren’t and it’d be better for everyone if they go with the option of providing selectable character screens. Maybe make it something you can unlock through questing like how we unlock transmog with the heritage questline. The other issue that Helfers bring up is the racials and being Paladins, but I think those can also be easily solved via glyphs and the eventual all race all class strategy.

There’s literally no reason to make them a dedicated AR. I’d much rather take crystal dwarves cause at least I can play around with new concepts instead of something that my Velf can already do.

2 Likes

for all those saying we already have alliance high elves via void elves, well we gonna have problems as classes are spread around. void elves are not able to be pallies or demon hunters, even though they are former blood elves. they got instantly dumb. the void is so unfriendly, that making a whole race who are void creatures, guarantees they cant play half the game. and when it comes time to spread shamans and druids, same problem for void elves. the void is at war with the rest of the cosmological forces.

Except blizzard will implement the same stupid excuse they used for Draenei warlocks…“eh, bc I want to.” No real explanation will be given.

1 Like

the difference is draenei culture has a taboo on fel, but it doesnt disagree with their biology. they wont explode, just be shunned, like void elves are when we go in stormwind cathedral-they ask us to leave. all the devs gotta do is determine if your void or helf by the class you choose. if you choose helf, you can be pally, shaman, druid, priest, hunter, demon hunter ??? maybe, monk or dk. if you choose velf you can be shadowpriest, lock, rogue, warrior, hunter, monk or dk. the race name plate changes. done and done. dont need allied race slot., just different hairstyles for helf

maybe they could call it Elf. and then when presented with classes, their class choice determines if they’re void or helf. duplicate classes could have different names. like a helf hunter could be ranger and a velf hunter could be void hunter. same for monks. helf monk, velf void monk.

Or, instead of doing all that extra work, just release High Elves in the Elven focus expansion and take the easy win.

1 Like

Love how you can offer something that the playerbase can benefit from and ppl will still be like “na just ctrl v and give me what I want now”

1 Like

Blizzard plans to make every class to every race to be available at some point. What is more worrying is the lack of race titles and glpyhs.

And give the Alliance another clone race? Well, the Horde would get a low budget clone race as well this time…

The problem with the High Elf race is how very, very simple the task is for Blizzard to do. It’s a three day job at best, but it will still take five years to become a possible reality with “Midnight”.

Earthen made the most sense for the expansion.

3 Likes

I didn’t read all the 353 comments before posting this one. So forgive me if this has already been said. But I would have MUCH rather they gave us a faction of good new Nerubian’s models as the new ally race vs playing a rock dwarf…

i was present for the announcement of allied races for the first time. polls were taken and the top 2 horde requests were ogres at #1 and san’layn at #2. in the horde top ten were taunka, naga and saberon. the top 2 alliance requests were high elves at #1 and vrykul at #2. in the alliance top ten were tuskarr, furbolg, uldaur style mechagnomes, wod arrakoa and ethereals. it wasnt bfa yet, so no sethrak or vulpera and no kul’tiran to vote on. and as you can see, they didnt believe us when we said what we wanted, or simply didnt care and apparently, they still dont, other than the not quite mech mechagnomes and the not quite high elf void elves. hehe

4 Likes

It’s for sure an out of touch move. Back before there were dark irons and wildhammer customization for regular dwarves, Earthen would have been welcomed. However, we already got both of those, there really isn’t a reason to be an Earthen over a dark iron, in my opinion.

1 Like