I like Spec>Class identity

They were emergency heals. The point was to pop them at the right time on the right person. Hand of the Protector doesn’t remotely cover the flexibility we had.

The whole point of class identity is RP fodder. They can give any class any mechanic, the point is what kind of class fantasy they’re trying to achieve when they give a certain class certain mechanics.

If you don’t like the changes at a mechanical level then, well, tough!

2 Likes

They were useful. Every ability has its situation and it’s use. Don’t use it 99% of the time? Fine. But that 1% was/is still there. Now we can’t address that 1%. More abilities is always better.

1 Like

Sounds like you don’t use the tools you have. Especially as a DK in the upcoming Ny’alotha, where it’ll be your class’ time to shine, as many fights will benefit from Grip.

No, I think Divine Intervention, which the guy was talking about, is meme ish.

Sac is a useful Tank/Damage reduction that both Prot and Holy have currently.

More than you and you really awful Paladin knowledge. You literally mixed up 3 abilities.

That’s the Retribution Passive. That’s not “Sac”.

Like are you seriously trying ?

That’s literally what made Divine Intervention memeish. Because it made your tank lose aggro, surprised that he’s unable to move and that now everyone is dying while the Paladin is laughing.

Do you even know how it worked ?

I disagree a tad with more abilities. I mean I am truely not a fan with some of my alts/classes take no effort while the others take an insane rotation needs to stop. I think AoE takes way to much glory in BFA. Bring back CC and single target. But it is what it is.

A DH can shine with 5 buttons.

No, especially not Light’s Hammer for Prot/Ret which had abysmal healing. It wasn’t a tranq bro.

If anything, the new Word of Glory for Ret is much much much more powerful. Hand of the Protector is miles ahead.

Throw in Judgment of Light some, especially with triple Grace of the Justicar traits. Insane.

I prefer when my Class identity has actual gameplay.

I don’t think you understood what DI was good for. I used it ALL the time for wipe recovery. Every time the raid leader said “wipe it up”, I’d DI a healer, which saves them and myself a repair bill, and it lets them rez the raid. That was an amazing ability full of flavor, in fact.

I’m not gonna bother naming pally moves. I know the moves and I know what they do. Also, I’m not talking and Ret paladins. Every class can die and give the raid a DPS boost. Have you looked at your azerite traits? I use my grips. But I had more situational abilities before. I could freeze an entire room instantly. I could give everyone a hp buff and healing buff. I gave ppl strength buffs before. I combat rezzed an extra dps that didn’t count as brez. I burst healed with worms for the raid. All gone

Can shine in more situations, and better, with more abilities

Ah yes, boring wipe recovery we have 2 metric tons of now.

Divine Intervention might have made sense in Classic where wipe recovery was few and far between. Now in live, we hardly ever run back, with like 50 methods of resetting the boss/making a healer able to pop up or live.

And it was mostly used for memeing. It’s pretty much dead in the current meta.

I’m rather more wipe recovery than less. Also where’s mass Rez and mass summon?

Also I personally will take a great passive trinket over a great on use trinket any day for high tier mythic+ and raiding.

1 Like

Dude, you’re trying to make an argument about Paladin moves, you’re gonna have to at least get them right.

You literally mixed 3 of them together as if they were one thing named “sac”. You don’t.

That requires people to use Loyal to the End.

Not if those abilities are garbo RP fodder.

Well, I didn’t like it very much because it froze the classes.
As a rogue, I’m stuck in the pirate class costume and I don’t even like pirates.

And the many skills that were given to outlaw are pretty disappointing and make me see pirates as a big joke.

I would prefer something more like duelists and swordsmen/fencer, which the old combat spec allowed me to feel.

I used Holy Prism all the time as a little burst heal for people. Maybe your prot paladins didn’t pay much attention to their raid. Light’s Hammer was used in those stacking phases, or to just aoe, the flexibility was what made it fun.

It would be just as fun now and super flavorful. Man you’re grumpy. Oh well, the game’s changing in my favor.

1 Like

If they’re Garbo rp fodder to you. Don’t use them? The rest of us will.
What’s wrong with LOyal to the end when the situation calls for it? Not every guild can stack 10 ret pallies

Exactly alot of abilities that bloated classes were garbage or had such a rare use I see no point of having them. Again, I am somewhat bias because I started before the beginning. I use to feel more buttons were better and MT for a long period of time. Stance dancing would be your cup of tea if you want more buttons but that is no longer around.

When the simiplified warrior a bit I moved onto Shaman. Again, they simplified that class as well but… The simplier classes from classic to WoD were less stressful to play in higher tier content because you could focus on surviving and not rotation. I do not want to have to always be perfect on weavin an AoE rotation. Then I go play my DH, Fury, or SP and see how rewarding and simple the AoE/Single target rotations are compared to my Warlock, Shaman, Hunter, and Druid.

When I tanked on my Warrior prior to TC changes it was way more difficult compared to my DK, Druid, and Paladin. Blizzard really need to focus on rotations and not making the classes feel the same with garbage abilities.

I like it been playing since wotlk. Alot of problems were fixed performance wise. I feel like an elemental warrior. I dont’ want to be tied to turrets

Yeah for real. There’s nothing wrong with letting spells you never use sit in your spellbook, while someone else who likes them will use them. In Classic, I don’t even have Curse of Doom in my bar, but I’m perfectly content with it existing in the game for other Warlocks who find fun uses for it (and some do!)

2 Likes

Not all of us want 4 button rotations so we could survive (seriously?) better at end game. I like when I play my class like a piano. I like the harder fights too. If we could have harder fights + piano rotation, that’s be the dream. As of right now, our mythic guild is bored of our classes.

2 Likes