I like Spec>Class identity

It’s not “<>” literally. There’s the function button next to the quote feature. How is this hard to understand? Also copy/paste =/= clickable unless you’re using a browser extension to automatically make links clickable . Look at this thread on your phone

Im lost what was the topic again :cry:

I am on my phone. Again it’s a permission thing and all your links have been clickable.

I’m on my phone. I click my properly formatted, non-broken, link and it’s not clickable. I look at your non-formatted, unbroken links, and they’re clickable.

Like Devotion Aura ?

And… Devotion… Aura ?

I don’t see what Prot lost that was so great and that only Holy has now. Basically, only the raid wide cooldown because of how ridiculous MoP was with every spec of every class almost having raid wide damage reductions/mass healing.

Yes, so exciting to get a button you’ll set and forget.

2 Likes

I think specs work just fine. I just want some of my old abilities back that were taken from past expansions. Legion was fun with all the artifact abilities you got from your weapons. The majority of those were stripped away and replaced as talents or just completely forgotten.

1 Like

:thinking:

Why would they use Obliterate ? Festering Strike actually has interactions for the spec. Why use one of Frost’s abilities ?

To damage to “anti magic barriers” ? Festering Strike already does that…

Its possible they’ll set and forget unless they’re useful?

Like im a boomkin and forms are like stances. I use my forms very frequently depending on if I gotta move or need to soak some damage.

If they’re in any way like they used to be, you set them on a fight by fight basis mostly and hardly ever switched mid way.

I thought what they did with Holy Paladins and their “Aura” talent tier was much more interesting, and the actual auras were better than what we had prior. “Spell push back aura” wasn’t useful until they put in the resist silence, and that was RNG, so it wasn’t really great. Devo was just flat armor for the tank. Retribution was hot garbage. The elemental resist auras have no place in the game currently.

More “useless” abilities just gives better players an easier chance to shine over the plebs. There’s tons of situations where that “bad” ability you wouldn’t use 99% of the time, would be amazing.
It also gives specs more class flavor.
Why doesn’t a Blood DK have ghouls anymore?
Why didn’t Blood DKs have blood worms since WoD (or MoP) removed them?
Why can’t I Rez an ally as a ghoul anymore?
Why can’t I stance swap to frost or unholy when I need more dps or speed?

1 Like

Ah that sounds sad :frowning:

Don’t listen to him. I mained Druid until WotlK came out. The better players shined. I was a Boomkin Druid, Healing Dungeon Parties, yet pulling everything and holding aggro on everything with Bear form and TreanTs, while doing the most DPS because of Typhoon (which had an actual wave animation) and hurricane.

I actually like the “Solo” DK specs. Why does every spec need a pet ? I don’t think Death Knights should be a Pet class like Hunters. Heck, I’d love a petless Unholy spec.

I’m honestly kinda sad they’re forcing all DK specs to have pets.

3 Likes

Because I main a DK and every DK main I’ve asked wants their ghoul back ?

1 Like

Well I always play DK, did CMs on my DK, Mythic+, etc…, and while I may not main it, I’ve always had a DK backup every expansion and I for one never got the whole “Ghoul” thing.

2 Likes

I had not played my Shaman since WoD until recently to gain Voldunai rep. The class feels so gutted and boring I dread playing him. I only have 16k rep to go and he is being shelved once again. I tried out all 3 specs and they are all blah. I hope they fix the classes and understand this Esport @#$% has to go.

4 Likes

Tons of ppl have backups. I have each race and class at 120. Doesn’t mean I main them. I did CMs/M+/Mage Tower/Mythic raiding on this guy. I hunt tmog, pets, achieves on this guy. This guy has years of /played on him while the rest have days.

Holy Prism and Light’s Hammer were both super fun healing tools. Not to mention that instant cast flash of light on allies. I used to spec around because I loved all the off-healing options. And yes also the raidwide damage reduction.

As for my auras, yes they’re just a button, but it’s very flavorful for a Paladin’s mere presence to empower his allies and be able to switch that around. That’s class identity.

Oh you know what else I miss? I miss sacrificing my life to save someone else’s by giving them a mega bubble. That was also super flavorful to my class.

2 Likes

For Prot and Ret, they didn’t heal much, their goal was mostly DPS.

You mean Hand of the Protector and Word of Glory ?

Of which Prot and Ret both have a ton of ? Judgment of Light, Word of Glory, Hand of the Protector, Lay on Hands, Blessing of Sacrifice.

Off healing is not a thing really. Wasn’t even a thing in Mists of Pandaria.

Meh, it’s just RP fodder. And as Prot, you can pick Retribution Aura if that is your cup of tea.

That ability was dumb and was just meme fodder. Go try it out in Classic and see how much you like it if you want.

1 Like

The best thing about more abilities, that you don’t think are important to use. You, personally, don’t have to use them. Of course, that just gives other ppl who do, and know their class 120%, a chance for glory.

Right now, everyone is the same. Nobody can shine because what more can anyone squeeze out of 5 abilities.

Edit: You seriously think a Sac is meme ish? Do you even raid mythic? We have ppl dying on purpose for certain reasons. Like the DPS boost on Ashvane when it was needed, prenerf. So meme ish that Method used it? A healer giving its life for a tank is situational sure, maybe, but not always.