I like Spec>Class identity

You think classes got BETTER after WoD?

Lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

3 Likes

In classic
 Your class is balanced around your spellkit and capability and what they want you using in your rotations.

I too prefer separate specializations.

Going back to, say, WoD Rogue style for all classes sounds absolutely boring.

Play a destruction lock in Mythic+ and Mythic if you enjoy playin a piano. Really it would not be if I did not have to tab target something random in the pack to get double bolt all while hoping some random damage is not coming my way. Playing that style is old school warrior. I do not ever remember a time a DK was like that
 maybe with DW Frost?

Even if you go play classic the most difficult rotation in classic come from a warrior/druid with stance dancing. You could also say a mage in every aspect but raiding. If you are all bored you need to attempt the more difficult classes/alts to down the content? There is a reason the world first stack specific classes to accomplish the feat. It is because of eases of use or ease of gearing.

Obliterate did more damage if the target had diseases on them. Furthermore, it actually did damage. It is just an example of how the game can be more than “repeat the same dps rotation over and over”.

1 Like

Well for one the classes aren’t that well balanced in Classic, and even then, they’re not balanced assuming that we’ll be using every spell. Some of the spells just exist for niche uses not intended to be required often, but fun when they are used.

2 Likes

I agree classes had more reactive playstyles back in the day and I did enjoy those. I loved my Marksmen Hunter in Wotlk/WoD the most.

2 Likes

Yes, I did pay attention to the raid, and no, Holy Prism wasn’t really big healing as you’re making it out to be, nowhere near the levels of healing we have now.

Like I said : have you even considered the triple Grace of the Justicar build with Judgment of Light ? It’s a lot of raid healing.

You keep ignoring the tools we currently have that I keep explaining to you, to reminisce about crappy talents we had in Mists. Like look at and understand your current toolset a bit better maybe ?

You’re getting auras back. You’ll just keep whining when you find out how much fun they are (ie, not a whole lot).

We have Classic now, we can see the nostalgia for what it is : nostalgia.

Loyal to the end isn’t really great even if you force people to die. It entirely depends on how many people who have the trait, meaning you’re maybe giving up much better traits for it.

We used a few for Ashvane progression (pre-nerf), but in the end, our kill was one of our cleanest pulls with nary a death. It also has nothing to do with Class design, or the fact you were mixing up 3 Retribution abilities as if they were one and the same. Your Paladin knowledge is bad. That’s all, and that’s fine, just don’t double down when proven wrong.

Obliterate for Unholy is bad, and you should feel bad. Festering Strike is already physical damage that applies stacks of your Festering Wounds. You would need to completely gut Unholy to give them a reason to use Obliterate in the first place.

You said Unholy would use it against Anti-Magic barrier, as if Obliterate being physical meant something.

Why should I change my class just to go back to piano? BDK has an actual opener when we had army of the dead. Something to do when the count down went from 10 to 0. Had anti magic bubble for aoe raid moments. Had a raid wide vampiric blood buff like warrior shout. Simulacrum. A mobile death grip . Multiple slows/stuns I no longer have. Etc

Blizzard likes to nerf always picked abilities as well
 yet I see everyone usually with the exact same talents. Very few will have a different talent. I still do not understand why they got rid of the talent tree’s. I would love KS, Rain of Arrows, and Barrage back.

The whole Class over Spec thing is another way of saying “we aren’t going to fix the worst specs from BFA”

So Arms Warrior, Enhance Shaman, Sub Rogue, Vengeance DH, Disc Priest, they’ll still be bad for the next expansion.

You wanted a challenge I presented a challenge. I understand you want all these abilities and to use all 8 bars with macros etc. Just because you have more buttons does not make the class or spec feel fluid.

Pianos are fluid. It’s on the user to learn.

lol wut.

Disc is super good right now man.

1 Like

That would mean all classes are balanced to be fluid. In which they are not. People have realized certain classes/specs need attention. Shaman has been gutted to the point of boredom with the lack of mobility. Their only other option as a Shaman is to know each and every mechanic of a dungeon or raid to fine tune their DPS. Enhancement feels bad as well.

That to me means it is boring and lacks the ability of improvement. Hunter feels bad and has felt bad this whole expansion. Protection warrior was a dumpster fire at launch and a few weeks into mythic keys. Destruction Lock fun in 2’s and 3’s but an absolute pain in the rear for Mythic+ and Raiding. I could go on and each class has its faults.

Yet some have always been supplied an ease of use factor with a team or designer that wants to make the class feel fluid. DH is the absolute easiest class to master imo sorry for hurt feelings. But
 I feel it is the most well designed class to grace WoW since post WoD. Prior to that Marksmen Hunter felt amazing during BC/Wotlk/WoD.

DK has never felt as good to me as a Warrior or Druid. So I would say it is class design. When BFA was launched I did not hear a peep from my DK mains about complaints in PVE or PVP.

As somebody who mained Druid Vanilla-WotLK and constantly used each specs abilities - DK was that intricate before. We still flow and perform well now . But the rotation went from Mozart (rotation and movement and situational abilities ) to MaryHadALittleLamb (rotation ish).

That is just like, your opinion man. If you enjoy two-button DH, by all means, play it. I am just giving an alternative to standing there, staring at an AMS effect as an unholy DK.

Swalsh I agree the game has became very clunky. Is it because of the GCD changes and not the amount of buttons? I mean for me when I had that piano feeling you speak of it was with a MM Hunter in BC to WoD. I had abilities that were actually used frequently. My rotation flowed and when it went to fast because of BL and Haste I used SS to fill the holes. I also do not need 30 buttons to play. Since they went the arcade route with WoW.

BDK basically gas no GCD abilities

There are some abilities that all specs should have as baseline spells, ex. all rogues should have poisons, all hunters should have traps, all DKs should have a ghoul, etc.

And basic spells that a class would learn in class 101 should be in each spec. A novice mage would learn basic spells from all schools of magic, a druid would learn the basics of each form, etc. We shouldn’t forget how to do things just because we specialize in an area. It just doesn’t make sense.

It doesn’t mean they should bring all removed abilities back but it will be nice to see some return.