I like Spec>Class identity

Yea. Like I don’t miss searing totem. O.o I already have access to other totems. The totems actually become a problem in many situations. Unless they plan on fixing issues like making them non-targetable I’m iffy on bringing stuff like that to impact my core rotation. I remember magma totem used to pull aggro for example and die and u would have to constantly reapply it.

3 Likes

Why break the link … just <> it

I completely agree with you! Spec identity is FAR more important to me than class identity. I became way more engrossed with my characters when they made the switch to more emphasis on unique specs.

2 Likes

I don’t want to use it as an example of something people from Classic that just doesn’t work in retail, but…y’know.

I agree. I actually don’t want them to put back in the spells from other specs and make them available to all specs. Using frost nova as a fire mage is stupid enough. E.g. frost nova should be fire something and stasis aoe mobs in lava and rock pools. Not stupid ice. Make specs meaningful. Don’t just dump old filler spells into the worng spec. 9.0 is gonna make the classes more confusing and less fluidic.

3 Likes

I really don’t want to go back to having 50 keybinds for situational crap. On most of the specs I play, I already have 20+ keybinds that I use on a regular basis. Shadowlands is adding covenant abilities plus the returning flavor spells to classes. This is going to turn back into the carpal tunnel simulator yet again…

3 Likes

I agree and with the direction the lore has gone Priest doesn’t quite make sense with Shadow and Holy.

1 Like

looks at Disc Priest

1 Like

Idk, I think some of the spells that were given to other specs or were removed to pvp were pretty important to my class.

I see myself using vortex and I fear im back on cyclone duty again :rofl:

Dpending on your trust level you may or may not be allowed to post links. So I think the person you replied to cannot post links.

1 Like

Cyclone should be able to work as a soft interrupt, just not a insta one.

1 Like

Already have frost nova. It’s just going to noobtrap more people like back when spells like frostfire bolt existed.

1 Like

Anyone can post links that way. I can and this acc has been perma banned before

On the flip side, I don’t like spec fantasy. Suddenly my class “forgets” how to use spells and abilities because they specialize?

That’s not how specializing works.

And I prefer to have flexibility and abilities available to use them how I see fit. I frankly don’t care if someone feels a certain spell doesn’t fit into their rotation - don’t use it then, other people will find a use for it.

5 Likes

Google.com

Well I tried testing, but apparently I’m able to share links now so I cannot verify your statement.

Https://www.AFakeWebsiteLimk.com

You’re doing it wrong if it’s clickable

I did both carrot and without. Both behave the same

<google.com>
google.com

This is a non-issue. Though your link is also clickable so you’re doing it wrong too :rofl:

Stop talking about links and get back on the original topic.

1 Like

Even though Frostbolt and Arcane Explosion may be available to you again they still won’t be part of your rotation, just extra buttons you can use situationally or just for fun. Imo there should be a healthy balance between spec and class identity rather than strictly one or the other.