I know Servers are down every Tuesday But

Oh fancy. I don’t know if I received it – I’m on 55818 still?

1 Like

I got hacked in that 24hrs got a authenticator after that man it was a nightmare getting it fixed never could get thru on a phone.

Setup 2 tier Authorization if it been fixed

I was young and naieve then.

Estimated up time is 9:00 pm Pacific now. I have updated my initial post again.

2 Likes

Warbands changes a fundamental system so it’s taking a bit longer then they originally anticipated. Hopefully they can get this straightened out soon and get folks in.

Thanks all for your patience.

14 Likes

I’m telling people on general (at least those in the US) to just go to bed, because they won’t be playing tonight.

Oof!

I was totally expecting 5pm. 9 is pretty late though – I feel pretty confident for that one but yeah, time for a walk. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the updates folk. I hope your guys are getting ice cream, Vrak. :slight_smile:

Maybe ice cream pizza. I’m sure that’s a thing.

4 Likes

IT be 10 or 1 a.m est… so sucks!

you’re very welcome!

It’s worth noting for those unaware that “changing a fundamental system” involves dealing with decades of code changes, where a single variable call can have effects on live servers that it doesn’t in the test environment. If someone has never written code, let alone try to troubleshoot someone else’s, they’ll never understand the complexities.

I wish I could afford to buy the whole team free pizza so they can keep working. Back in the day we had a PDP-11 hard drive we used as a pizza warmer for those unexpectedly long sessions.

7 Likes

Are we going to be refunded for this day of time lost? I understand maintenance take a bit, but 14 hours is beyond most people schedule to play. Some people have a very short window of time that they get to play enjoying this game.

those of us who aestivate may get a chance. The log-in queues will probably be a lot shorter after midnight Pacific time.

If you’re going to create characters simply to whine, at least be clever enough to change the wording between posts. Just saying.

5 Likes

Not likely mai tence and extended maintence is factored into the subscription now if this last a week or more thats a different story.

1 Like

The ONLY time that this occurred, it was because the servers were down for more than a day due to hardware upgrades being done, and the WotLK release.

3 Likes

Everytime we mention that I think we curse the maintenance to extend.

5 Likes

Thank you for telling us. We all knew this would take a while, but it’s nice to know why.
I know the dev team is working their hardest to get things back up. I appreciate all the work that they do.

6 Likes

Knock off this appreciation nonsense; this is the internet. You’re supposed to be bitter and entitled!

Ok kevin we have some kids selling lemonade on the corner want to yell at them :wink:

Man I just hope either they brought in another team of devs or something. It has been a very long day if not and I can’t imagine trying to frantically fix something so late in the day after already working for 10+hrs.

Get some rest, devs!

3 Likes