I Just Received Warlords Deathwheel

As I mentioned in a previous post, the eligibility window took place at the end of MoP, prior to Draenor.

It is actually a law within California, where Blizzard is actually based. There isn’t a timeline, the law permanently blocks it.

The wiki indicates that it would be made available to, as they stated, all horde characters in the Draenor expansion.

Frankly, I’m surprised it was somehow legal to add the Alliance bike at all. The original contest rules indicated only the winning bike would be added. Generally it’s against the law to change the rules after the promotion has started (let alone after the promotion has ended).

man thats a bummer that it was lag rewards and here i was going to do this next lol

Sure the achievement is. But i logged into a newer account i made after wod and got it the other day. On an alliance toon none the less.

1 Like

Does anyone know what happened to the actual Azeroth choppers from that contest back in 2014?

Whatever happened to American Chopper anyway?

I went blizzcon once, and they brought them there as a display.

2 Likes

so my ticket I opened 10 years ago can now actually be closed

1 Like

Nah this is the one and only toon Ive played since Vanilla. Based on that blue post I guess I did log in during the event window and just never received it and a decade later they apparently fixed it.

So its less “I randomly got awarded it” and more “I was randomly cucked out of it for the last decade”.

1 Like

WAIT.
But we didn’t have blood elves during Vanilla

did you race change

1 Like

Yes I started as a Night Elf, took a break during WoD because it was garbage and some RL friends got me back in during Legion but they were Horde and on Saurfang OCE server, I was on Proudmoore as that was the defacto Aussie server before OCE realms existed.

I originally went Panda but recently swapped to Blood Elf for transmog reasons.

1 Like

That reminds me, as a Warlords Deathwheel owner, I’m required to log in my 1 low level horde toon once every 3 years and sit on the deathwheel for at least 10 seconds in Orgrimmar. (aagghhh I can never spell Orgrimmar correctly without looking it up, this proves I am not a horde)

Would be nice if alliance could use the mount too.

Well grats to you! It is a sweet ride! BEs on it look at tad silly but you get over it. :grin:

I did not get the Deathwheel. I sort of skipped Draenor when this was out for the hordes.

However based on the comment, the horde version was supposed to be available only for a short time due to licensing issue from the creator of the real one. So people who are getting it could be causing issues if the original owner decides to pressure Blizzard for releasing the mount again to those who never got it originally and not delayed loot due to bugs

Blizzard, I have this mount. And even I will tell you this. Let anyone buy it for 100k like the Alliance version.
I’ve always been a Horde player, so I got it. But the ally one? I went and randomly bought it during BFA no issue.
But Ally players can’t buy the Horde version simply because it “won” the competition many years ago and only active players of horde in WoD received it?
This was relevant in WoD but it seems rather obtuse or farfetched now.
You gave players the Tyraels Charger. Did I get upset, despite being an owner of it from the Cata 1 year annual pass? No. It didn’t bother me.
The horde bike being available won’t bother me either.

It was a promotion mount. These should come back if people want them.
If its something like The Black Proto Drake from Naxx Immortal achievement? Then yeah, don’t do those. (You seem to do these sometimes which is silly).

2 Likes

They legally can’t, whether it’s a California law that applies to contest prizes or a licensing agreement with Orange County Choppers.

I think it was a California law which is ridiculous like if it was the contract doubt the Alliance mount would be up for sale. Absolutely sucks getting screwed out of such an awesome mount because of a law that will never be touched in another country.

Alliance has a counterpart mount, but it costs 100,000g. However, it is still available and will continue to be available, whereas the horde version is unavailable unless you were playing WoW during a two-month window in 2014.

1 Like

I think there was some weird law thing for it. But there might be a loophole? I mean there always is. They might be able to give it away with another event.

The law thing is because Blizzard made a big thing about it only being available via the competition. If you do that you CANNOT offer it outside that competition otherwise it’s, essentially, fraudulent behaviour according to sweepstakes law.

It was likely an accident on Blizzards part and it’s also likely why every time limited thing since has disclaimers about it possibly being available later on the store, trading post, whatever so they can never end up in this situation again.

Honestly it’s been long enough that they could probably just take the risk and do it and just say nothing but you just know some litigious 'Murica Karen will use it to file a lawsuit.