I just don't understand

LFR was implemented for a purpose; people complained that too much lore and storytelling was packed into something most didn’t see outside of Youtube, and that they wanted a queue-able system to see that lore. It still fulfills that purpose.

1 Like

Any non-raider who isn’t willing willing to turn into a whale is someone they don’t want in their game. They assumed that casuals and new players were going to be constantly buying carries in SLs. It turned out that casuals moved into old content and new players quit. So casuals didn’t buy their share of tokens to pay for carries, and upper management is still working on their golden parachutes.

LFR was implemented because it wasn’t cost-effective to spend most of the game resources developing content that only a tiny percentage was using.

2 Likes

Ok, I admit I didn’t read the entire thread before I posted my reply, but with that said:

Seems it would be easier to edit or update the original post so you don’t keep getting these replies, yeah?

Easy isn’t the issue for me. Queueable and not needing advanced planning to schedule my play time is.

1 Like

The cheese accepts your offering.

Yeah and I hated when they did this restructure Welfleet.

I gotchu, I respect that and I’ll provide a non hostile reasoning from someone who is also casual.

I shouldn’t get the same mount as people who work harder for a reward. lfr is almost afk worthy and I shouldnt get a nice mount for doing it, when i walk around the cities and see people on a mount I can visually see their status in the world just by the items they’re wearing or the mount they ride. yes there are people who will buy tokens/carries for the booger cat but thats a boosting issue in itself. but as someone in the same situation as you, I think give those players more items for clearing harder content and making more effort in an mmorpg. thats also why store mounts suck, seeing people on a ccredit card boss is immersion killing, all mounts should be hard rewards.

edit: they will bring it to lfr in 2 days anyway they always do this now to ‘show they take feedback’

There is still effort involved, I would say. This is not a mount that is only meant for the best of the best of the best, after all. This is not a glad mount or some such.

1 Like

That’s true and it was ultimately a good call but the bridge between LFR and Normal is too severe in instances like this. Bring Back MoP LFR difficulty and let people earn their mounts.

We’re essentially saying the same thing. My point is, it still fills that role in the game.

1 Like

This just reeks of incompetence on their part.

I’m a whale. I own everything on the store and a brutosaur and I average $1000 a month on wow tokens.

I don’t pay for carries. I don’t raid. I don’t want people raiding for me. I’m not avoiding it because I lack the ability to do it. I could easily do it if I wanted to. I just hate group activities. I hate sharing responsibilities. I hate sharing glory. I would never pay for a carry, because there’s nothing about raiding that I desire or enjoy. Simple as that.

The same is true of anyone who doesn’t raid. Raiding isn’t hard, it’s just annoying and tedious to a lot of us.

1 Like

If they do, it’s because they’ve calculated that they’re going to make more money from LFR players resubscribing than they will from token sales for carries.

1 Like

So should they retroactively remove all achievements that it was possible to complete “on any difficulty”?

I feel like the percentage of players who do Normal mode raids or higher are far far greater than “1%”

I’d love to know where people are getting that.

Okay im editing

That’s my suspicion, and others have said it here.

It’s a “New Coke” move.

1 Like

bro then before all of this, like you said “back in the day” was even worst. You had to plan so much, and travel there and do all stuff.

Couldn’t you kind of just… write off the mount as another one of those that you don’t bother getting? I guess to me, raids just feel soulless now, the little things like weak story/RPG elements involved, so when asked if I can come for normal clears these next weeks I’m so far like, “nah”.

I honestly looked at the thing and saw “Fated Raids” within the title of like a Wowhead article or something, and immediately assumed it would be from Heroic.

I mean… of the 4 polled mounts… the Soaring Spelltome came from 7 unique timewalking mage tower challenges… some of those hilariously harder than the Legion challenges toward the end of Nighthold/start of ToS gear. That thing trumps all heroic raids in mechanical difficulty combined with number checks (at least since like… Highmaul. Whatever I have for reference).

At the end of the day it’s a cosmetic mount so it doesn’t matter either way, and yes, they should make rewards for the content appropriately. Wanting a reward for effort put into anything isn’t some mindbender.

By that logic maybe they’ll fix Soar instead of actually sending to launch in a useless state :dracthyr_cry:

1 Like

I COULD. But mount and mog collecting is one of my main activities. I have like 5 or 600ish mounts by now.