I hope the "No Changes" fetish isn't as strong for TBC

I, uh, don’t believe you’re as obtuse or intellectually challenged as you are pretending to be here. Nice troll - disingenuous because you pull it out only when you’ve lost - but a troll nonetheless.

I graciously accept your admittance of the hypocrisy of the #nochange crowd.

This is not supposed to be a new game and it is not supposed to be challenging. It is supposed to be an accurate recreation of Vanilla from 2006 (yes 2006 because of the patch version). The known strats, mechanics, and venues are a big part of why this is so easy this time. If you were playing Classic hoping for a challenge then you are playing the wrong game. The entire game is going to play like a raid you have had on farm for many many years… as it should.

1 Like

No changes was proven to be a total joke when:

A) It turned out that most people screaming no changes were talking about private servers, which turned out changed things either on purpose or due to not knowing

B) All the crap about how “Vanilla was” was proven to be nostalgia at best and lies at worst (difficulties, community, etc.).

No changes ruined a lot of things that could have been better, and I hope if there’s something else in the future those people aren’t listened to at all.

2 Likes

This is what we wanted. Seeing as how it can’t be done then we will unfortunately have to settle for the closest approximation that we can get. They have done a spectacularly bad job though. They instead gave us a thing with lots of changes.

When people still say they want no changes they just want you to stop kicking a beaten and dying man on the ground. Stop adding more changes when we never wanted any to begin with.

1 Like

Theres a timeline of nochanges, it began as

If it wasnt in vanilla then it wont be in classic

To: if it wasnt in vanilla but was put in because they used the legion infrastructure then we we will have to live with it

To: Just because there are some changes doesnt mean there has to be more changes

To: being a joke, which is where its been at for months

Ah, Ziryus. I would be crushed, if I had the slightest reason to consider your definition of “worse” worth the electrons that died to express it.

That said, I got–as Ythisens predicted–something closer to the experience I was hoping for than I expected, with the single exception that guilds don’t seem to plan dungeon runs anymore for some reason. PUGs are, on average, significantly nicer than they used to be, but I still miss the experience of planning out a dungeon run in advance with a guild. Ah well.

Would it wound you terribly if I said I also really like the classic experience?

Batching just happens to be something that royally sucks and we can thank the #nochanges crowd for it.

1 Like

By “mistakes” do you mean you would have chosen differently? Or do you mean that the result was poor? Nobody can predict the future, but millions of players LIKED Vanilla, and ASKED FOR Vanilla, so copying Vanilla was obviously not a “mistake”.

If the game was designed for one person (you), then anything you dislike was a mistake. But it wasn’t. So they aren’t.

It doesn’t matter how many players believe in #nochanges. This is not a player-run game. It never was.

If Blizzard decides to create a “Classic TBC” they won’t listen to you then either. They won’t design it the way you want. It won’t be your design. It will be a #notaKhiren game.

A memorial service will be held on Tuesday.

They will be missed. :sleepy:

Man this is so crazy. How is faction balance even a remote consideration with BGs and the overall uselessness of open world pvp? I ask this like every week adn I never get a legitimate concern other than the delusion that at any time you get outnumbered consistently (which doesnt happen on normal cap servers al lthe time…it just doesnt and never has)

I’ve yet to be attacked by 1.3 players on a consistent basis.

Or is this a queue time thing? Again, not a major factor. There is more to do in the game and BGs are kind of a meh option. Don’t believe me? Look at the activity parses since late '06

All I hear is this: tBC will be like original tBC because anybody who wants to nit about WoW will still be here :sunglasses:

I will main the Alliance space cow and enjoy good scenery and lots of nodes. Y’all can have your Blood Elf top models.

We agree, though to say they’ve done a “spectacularly bad job” is kind of melodramatic. They’ve done an amazing job considering the technical challenges and limitations, and the difficult line they’ve had to walk between absolute authenticity (not attainable) and an as-close-as-possible reproduction.

What is the height of hypocrisy and disingenuousness is for those who have always been interested in only their selfish little views and aren’t concerned with the health or mandate of Classic at all to point to the necessary compromises and say that any authenticity is now defunct.

#nochanges means, and has always meant, no frivolous, unnecessary changes in content or design to the game and data as it was in Vanilla. It never meant literally and absolutely no changes. That is a strawman constructed by those on these forums who never cared for Classic, weren’t part of the struggle for 10 years to get it here, have attempted to hijack the game and bend it to their whims, and - I would contend - would be just as happy to see it burn down to justify their petulance.

The pressure gradient in Classic’s development was against any and all changes, and it still is. The Classic devs reproduced graphical bugs and attempted to reproduce technical limitations (spell batching) for goodness sake. That is the philosophy and level of authenticity #nochanges champions, and always has.

1 Like

nope, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

#nochanges is great because it seems to change based on the time and person spouting off about it. Most likely because it’s been an absolute failure and so a small vocal minority who lurks on the forums can try and control a game they have no control over.

1 Like

lol

Fact is, every nerf they ever made in a claimed effort to “balance” the game has had a so-called “butterfly wing flap” effect all the way down the line.

Unless a single class/move is mowing down all opposition, there is no “overpowered.” The devs should go back to the original drawing board with classes and leave well alone.

Over time and by actually getting into the game to play each class, the devs might actually get a real clue about any changes that “must” be made. Most, I wager, are and have been unnecessary, made because other prior changes created a domino effect.

I don’t remember anyone thinking that at all. The challenge was to do it in week 2, with the mythic/impossible difficulty being the week 1 challenge.

Everyone knew that ragnaros would be on farm fairly quickly, the only question was how fast.

Here’s one.

Youve been warned since the first couple weeks horde queue times would be bad, yet you continued to level horde. Small brain?

1 Like

It was a stretch for Classic to be released in the first place, now y’all are asking for Classic+? The WoW community truly is insatiable.

Y’all wanted vanilla so bad; well now you’ve got it, warts and all. Rose colored glasses tend to have that effect.