I honestly loved WOD

WoD was pretty well balanced, to bad they did not add content.

3 Likes

Garrisons made me level up a big gob of alts to make the golds. Wasn’t enough though - a few million made Legion/BfA cushy (can buy whatever I want) but I didn’t anticipate the 5 million dino. Could’ve logged in more near the end and got more gold missions done instead of playing some Switch game. /semi-regret but don’t really need it. I gots my garrison AH and 3~4 ways to get back there daily if I want. My AH chores are done by my Org/SW bankers anyway.

Warlords was good fun. I liked the self-contained garrison with everything I need. I liked the garrison fishing and profession thing that made you visit other’s. Liked the invasion thing too - reminds me to go do those again for mount drops or something, since it’s solo-able.

Glad at least some people enjoyed it. I feel like there’s an expansion for everyone.

I personally think wod was the worst one for a few reasons - but I enjoyed mop and cataclysm - which many people despised. I totally feel you guys :slight_smile:

Was playing during WoD, Loved pvp and world pvp. Loot system was the best.
At that time I was playing on Kazzak-EU which is extremely populated server so I had a lot of fun on my monk with chi-burst

I didn’t like everything they did in Cataclysm, but the one thing that broke me: making Heroics easier to cater to the ‘This is IMPOSSIBLE!’ crowd. Meanwhile I had been clearing every dungeon on Heroic mode for about 6 months with little issue. I was one of the players that wanted to see Heroics return to TBC levels of difficulty, and at first Cataclysm provided and I was thrilled with it.

1 Like

WoD had tremendous potential with the storyline. When it launched, the opening gameplay and stuff was enjoyable. Unfortunately, there’s no arguing that Blizzard dropped the ball hard by not expanding past the single raid tier, and leaving a giant dearth of content for quite some time.

It started well, and ended terribly.

2 Likes

WoD

-Had to happen to set up Legion
-The class design was good (directly inherited from MoP though, which the OP hated, weird combination of opinions in my own opinion)
-BRF and Blackhand

But beyond this, meh.

This pretty much. I’ve said this before but I would gather a lot of people filled out their alt army during WoD, because the bulk of the content was leveling.

4 Likes

For me WoD was the first time where they added a mechanic of daily chores that burned me out quickly. I remember it was the first time I realized that I log on just to do chores, not play the game.

But class design was still good and we still had PvP gear system.

1 Like

I honestly liked WoD more than Legion because WoD had better class design and didn’t have an awful Legendary system.

3 Likes

I started playing during WoD. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: played straight through without the flying drama and content drought, WoD is a pretty decent expansion. The zones are awesome, the leveling is great, and the raids and dungeons are really good (even though there were too few of them).

3 Likes

WoD was good product that was horribly mishandled. They edited out good stuff and doubled down on the stuff people where burnt out on.

4 Likes

My Hunter liked it:

At max level in Legion, when bored between time gating/content drops. She went back to WoD and maxed all reps, got Pathfinder, etc (big chunk of it was 65 K on the AH, for Medallion of the Legion, then 45 K more to also get Wrynn’s to exalted (SO GLAD I DID THAT!) )

She had fun there with the garrison, getting all mounts, getting mogs from raids and stuff, getting pathfinder, things like those “treasure puzzles” for Draenor Pathfinder, etc.

Hmm, it might be fun to level a character in WoD, come Shadowlands (if that is one of the places you can, at level 10 plus.)

I don’t know, but I’m seeing a bunch of things being claimed as things people liked from WoD that were actually from MoP or other xpacs. Kinda weird.

It’s crazy to me how Blizz treats Ogres, one of their iconic races. They’re not afraid to plaster them in every advertisement, but god forbid Ogres become playable, we get to see their roots (Farahlon), or they do anything with them other than make them mobs we kill.

Worst of all, none of their excuses for why Ogres aren’t playable have ever made any sense: “They can’t fit through doors!” or “They’re too big!” or “We’re not creative enough to think of Ogre females!” It’s become a long-running joke that’s no longer funny, especially now with KT in the game. Blizzard was willing to make another human race a new rig but didn’t bother with Ogres, who KT resemble…a lot. Not to mention all this time Blizzard has been saying they’re too big, they’ve ignored their own lore that says most of them are around Tauren height, sometimes shorter. The whole race doesn’t top at 10’ high like Cho’gall.

We went to Draenor and saw more Arakkoa and random mobs than Ogres, a race that’s been here since Orcs and Humans. As you pointed out, they didn’t give us a reason as to why Farahlon was cut–only thing I can think of is they just flat ran out of time. I used to hope we’d see it one day, but it’s probably scrapped, never to be heard of or seen, like the Abyssal Maw raid in Cata.

Sigh…/end rant.

The Coliseum and Black Rock Foundry are the only shining lights on Wod and maybe class design, while a step down from Mop was x1000 better than Legion/Bfa.

Thats it for me anyway.

1 Like

WoD was the last time WoW still felt like WoW to me.

I won’t lie, I didn’t like the garrison much by the end of it all, I loathed the shipyard and I wish there had been a touch more content but I adored the leveling experience, the dungeons and raids were super fun, the mission table was kickass with all of its collectable followers and the zones were immersive and gorgeous. I miss it.

3 Likes

I came back during WoD. I honestly liked the progression, the soundtrack was brilliant, and the raid experience was pretty good.

What people probably hated was the fact that there was so much promise that was unrealised. There was to be the zone that would become Netherstorm (Farahlon), a Shattrath raid, an Iron Horde offensive.

Instead, absolutely nothing. A content patch that only introduced a selfie cam, a new zone, Tanaan that was just filled with repeatable dailies, and Grom Hellscream going from genocidal maniac to freedom fighter in the snap of a finger.

So in that respect, I do agree with people that WoD was horribly handled, but I do think it had a good prospect

3 Likes

That was Grommash, Licynia. Garrosh went from Orc supremacist maniac to smoldering husk in Nagrand in the snap of a finger.

1 Like

My bad lol. I meant to write Grom.

Also, Thrall cheated.

1 Like

Also blizzard changed the rules to Mok’gora :joy:. So usually the rules are no magic, however if you don’t specifically say no magic then it’s legal.

Totally phoned that in, not even the LOOSEY GOOSEY MOVIE followed that LOL!

Magic’s clearly allowed. We’ve now seen it used multiple times in Mak’gora.

Thrall tries to use the elements in SoO, but Garrosh stopped it with the heart’s power.