I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

You legit make out like all new players have some serious intellectual disability? These classes are basic :poop:
If you think otherwise, then perhaps you should get an assessment done of your own for a potential intellectual disability, or two.

Casual doesnā€™t mean bad player just a heads up.

1 Like

I think it also depends on the person. WoW caters to a huge range of skill and there are many players that are middle age/older that didnā€™t grow up playing videogames hours every day. For the sub ~35 year old gamer who has spent half of a lifetime developing hand eye coordination, speed, and dexterity while playing many video gamesā€¦WoW likely will seem rather easy. Thereā€™s a lot of information to know, but once you have it the actual execution is pretty easy for a large number of people.

For the newcomer who didnā€™t grow up playing videogames for hours and perhaps has a lot of IRL responsibilities that limits play time, I could see how WoW could seem difficult. I notice on these forums that people have difficulty recognizing how drastically different people can experience the game. Some people see tons of toxicity while others rarely see it. Some view the game as very difficult while others see it as one of the easiest type of videogame there is. Some view WoW as filled with complicated system upon system while others find it extremely simplistic.

Most videogames donā€™t try to cater to such a wide audience. If youā€™re playing a fighting game, first person shooter, or real time strategy gameā€¦there is often a pretty high minimum requirement of skill to be able to play the game proficiently enough to get any enjoyment out of it. WoW is different in that there is content that your non-gaming-parents could do as well as content that the skilled hardcore gamer can enjoy. Catering to such a wide audience fragments the community into different groups of people that experience and see the game very different from each other.

7 Likes

Lol, extra combo points? I think they mean 5.

I donā€™t care about rotations. Though I like WoW combat and abilities over a game like FF14.

To next point on casuals that may been said in this post. There nothing to do as a casual. Like me. I HATE M+. Donā€™t like pvp. Raid when I can but Iā€™m not a raider. Of those three which is this game endgame isnā€™t for me.
What else is there that not doing old content.
The once a month Darkmoon is dull repeating place. Mage tower is to hard and unrewarding if you donā€™t play every class. WQ are pointless grind. Torghast while better is ugly and still unfun to some degree. I donā€™t do crafting.
What is there for a causal to do?

maybe donā€™t worry about playing like a world first raider and you will see the game is overly casual, downright soloable without any player interactions needed as long as you dont want to raid or run dungeons

1 Like

If people struggle with class rotations, I heard that Diablo Immortal is coming out on June 2nd.

1 Like

Itā€™s because a lot of classes have a 2 or 3 button rotation that has been very simplified and you donā€™t have to worry about things that used to make the game more difficult like:

1. Caster mana - (no one really cares about this except healers in PVP, and, maybe arcane mages because their simple rotation is piggish on the mana pool)
  2. Threat
  3. Gear
  4. Resistance
  5. CC - this used to be everywhere, a huge aspect that is almost non-existent
  6. Crushing blows (although annoying, still presented a huge challenge)
  7. Damage patterns are way more predictable (waves)
  8. Trash in raids is virtually nothing (which is more quality of life)
  9. Everything dynamically adjusts to proc based or on use buffs (no snapshotting, management of trinkets is way easier)
  10. No need to worry about getting to hit cap 3 percent for PVP and 6 percent for PVE

Thereā€™s a bunch of other things that they really ā€œdumbed downā€ for the game, but thatā€™s a good top ten.
So yeah the original comment coming from a hunter (easiest class in the game to play, other than havoc DH) is laughable, but it is still valid.

FYI - Arena isnā€™t the benchmark of skill either. Sure there are some great players out there, but most times itā€™s just a case where you FF and blow your load on one player to kill it faster than the other team can do the same to you. The challenge here is less nerfed though.

1 Like

By my definition actual ā€œnew playersā€ are not elites who have moved from some other elite game or games. They are the people who are learning to move their characters across the screen on day 1. Those are the people who the game needs to attract and provide a path for. The pool of players that wow can poach from other games is not large enough to keep it profitable.

1 Like

i feel like its mainly for the casual. theres a whole lot more % of the content thats aimed at casuals if you think about it.

whats there for the non casuals? raid and m+ - 2 things. (things which casuals could very well partake in in one way or another as well)

idk how to make the game EVEN MORE about casuals lol
even the timegating and slowdrip of content seems to fit the casual agenda.

i guess my question isā€¦ are casuals ever gonna be happy or they need the non-casual content to be gone before theyre happy? think about it.

Ah yes, I remember the day when MMORPGs were all about your CHARACTER improving (unarmed skills remember).

Nowadays, MMORPGs are just action arcady type games like everything else where story doesnā€™t matter and player progression is lost until you put in your next quarter.

I want my MMORPGs back :frowning:

3 Likes

They started to look at ways to make it more ā€œcompetitiveā€ versus fun.

2 Likes

I like playing shadowpriest because of how complex and satisfying it can be. Iā€™d actually like even more buttons to press.

Bobby has been all about wanting to turn his games into esports for years.

2 Likes

What I would conclude from reading all the posts is this: Itā€™s not catered to everyone.

It may seem ā€˜naiveā€™ but Iā€™d think Blizzard is trying to cater to everyoneā€¦but thatā€™s probably not accurate.

What Iā€™m deducting is that either:
ā€˜you are already a gamer and will be able to play WoW efficientlyā€™
or
ā€˜you are not a gamer, are brand new to WoW and probably gaming, ā€˜good luck, youā€™ll need itā€™.ā€™ WoW does not appeal to this individual.

you have woken up to reality, you have taken to the warcraft red pill.

2 Likes

Bro you got rolled with that oneā€¦

1 Like

Bro we found your alt, just chill, itā€™s way too obvious

2 Likes

I play a lot when I have my weekends and if I have to do something important IE. gear up. But once Iā€™m done with something like that or another example farming gold for legendariesā€¦ I hardly play on work daysā€¦ I consider myself more casual than ever as of late and I enjoy the game more.

This just in. New players do not get all their abilities/talents at once. There is plenty of time to figure things out as you level.

IF they boost, that is all on them.

Casual <> Bad player too lazy to learn.

3 Likes