I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

MMOs of yesterday were easier. Just more tedious than today.

MMOs today are actually harder games than the games they used to be.

WoW classic is stupid ez. The lack of mechanics you could teach a 2 year old that game.

Today’s WoW? Nah–this jawn requires a MBA.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing for years, since the nick-end of Vanilla. Today’s game is VASTLY different than it was before, and I think we all know this. It was in its own league in its days.

Within it’s change, it made the game easier in some avenues, convoluted in others, and unfortunately and unnecessarily “harder” on the average player. This, of course, can be ones own opinion, and you can come to your own conclusions whether or not they differ from someones else’s, and still probably be right.

I think bosses are created in such a way where it’s unnecessary. To counter it, this ****ing game had to adopt a strict addon policy; where you practically need specific addons because the fights are so convoluted that even attempting them without the downloaded addon would be make or break on your enjoyment of a lot of the content that is WoW now.

Trust me. I’ve tried. I’ve tried getting some of my RL friends into this game, but it’s just not in the cards. I had a small group hitch onto Classic for a bit, because to him it felt “more connected”, as he put it, and I would have to agree. But then, we found out what happened along the Classic timeline. None of them play anymore, and heck, I don’t even talk to them anymore. It sucks.

I find the game fun, but only if I can beg it for a dopamine hit like a junkie at a sketchy corner. That’s how I feel right now.

1 Like

I did too. We had 3. I was married to one of them. They weren’t necessary, none of the support roles really were.

They don’t have to do anything so dramatic and they can continue to develop complex raid mechanics but they need to make them more readable. If they focus on this for a few expansions when they’re developing the new PVe content then addons will be less of a necessity.

Don’t blame addons. Blame the devs for making the game completely unreadable.

casuals dotn spend money in the store on wow tokens for carries thats what the hardcore do.

We don’t have to base our stuff on nostalgia now that classic is out.

If Spriests are considered viable back then, then all 36 specs should be considered perfectly balanced by comparison.

1 Like

its not even for new players the crap they have to go through…lol.

Exactly.
I’m a super casual, barely even do LFR and I still look up guides for gear, talents etc on all my toons I play.

Why?
Because even at a casual level, you can seriously gimp your toons if you gear or spec wrong and being gimped feels bad to play.

2 hand Frost has been in a pretty bad state up until now and even when I put on the catch up 226 gear, DK damage was HORRIBLE. So I looked up the guides, specs etc and made it work.

Some of these “hardcore” types think if you aren’t mythic+ or raiding, you don’t care at all and that’s simply not true.

3 Likes

Isnt more things to do better? i mean, sure we can have only 3 skills and call it a day but gets boring quite fast.

all they were used to was to icnrease warlocks shadowbolt damage. Then mana pumpers till cata and mop it actually become a descent dps spec.

It’s not nostalgia. It was an archaic design philosophy that doesn’t translate well to games. The support role didn’t matter, another dps would be just as good.

Everything was viable in vanilla because bosses were tuned for 1/3 of the raid to not even know all their abilities.

1 Like

It’s okay, you are a human being. You should be able to absorb about 1000s of lines of information and retain all of it 24/7 and be optimal and good and never make a single mistake, ever.

1 Like

Which tells me you did not read the op…gj.

It is odd.

I came from eve. So I don’t have to work out angular velocity to a target factoring in they are pulsing a propulsion module?

Okay…life got real simple here.

See in eve we worry about this for damage mitigation. Its called flying under guns. You fly a certain way in relation to our target. It affects their tracking on you. they miss more or if they hit they hit for less damage. glancing shots as it were.

Hunter shoots arrow. Mage shoots magic. Target is at max range. Target is literally in my face. Same damage. That…is simple too.

I will not go into discourse on when to use each weapons system’s long or short range version for another day and ammo’s for them. That…is a wall of text.

1 Like

Players like you, is exactly why this game is in the state it is. And I don’t care if I have zero chill in calling you out.

It’s really gross and toxic.

4 Likes

ZM feels all right. I’m digging patch 9.2 as a casual player. But you really have to pick your content in this expansion.

Either you A) play primarily solo and don’t care much about the requirements set by other players or B) have too many “responsibilities” to enjoy stuff you might wanna do instead.

I opted out of group content so I could enjoy the game. Beforehand I was a casual raider. I’d do my raid nights, and then I’d just do whatever I wanted to when I logged in.

Now it’s like, want to raid without being a burden to the rest of the group? Well, get that right legendary recipe and farm the stuff for it, and get that M+ done for the cache, etc…

I could probably get away with not doing that stuff, but when I play with a group of folks I wanna be competitive. That’s part of the fun for me. But I already have all these chores I do IRL, I don’t want my game time to be chores, too.

So, you wanna enjoy this game as a casual player? Stop doing group content, lol. It’s the only way unless you specifically only enjoy doing group content.

4 Likes

I think most people don’t realize that it’s only chores for the first couple weeks.

After that it’s just a matter of logging in to raid and do a key or two if you want. I’m only doing 4 keys till I get the streets xbow then I might just focus on getting my one

So you’re saying a casual player can’t learn the basics of their classes rotation?

It is for the diseased mindset type of person who gets off on calling wow and e-sport game and only ever plays mythic and nothing else.

And so the game does not feel like it did when MOP was launched.

2 Likes

all your mythic raid guilds lead to raid. all quests lead to gear upgrades lead to Mythic+ all wow is raid game.