I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

I finally got my buddy into WoW a tiny bit; enough for him to get on when I do at least. He was very daunted by the amount of things as well as the way dungeons are run. There’s so much minmaxing it almost becomes impossible for new people not to get kicked from a LFG if they’re not performing well or don’t understand what pug etiquette is.

Honestly, it would be nice if people just played to have fun like other, but not everyone defines “fun” in the same sense as you, I, or others. It’s never going to be a perfect thing, especially for those that get in and want to rush through everything as fast as they can. Speedrunning at best, solo playing at worst.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that they did ok damage in vanilla, but would just run dry if the boss lasted more than 60-90 seconds. Also, debuff slot limits.

2 Likes

I was a 2353 arena player. I understand how the class worked back then and now.

The pruning literally simplified the game for bad players.

I never said anything about spriest.

I’ve cracked the code guys. Just have WoW copy vampire survivors and when we get in combat, our abilities just auto fire until everything is dead. Bam, 20 million players.

OP is happy and can watch movies on their second monitor and the fictional people in their mind that can’t figure out how to press more than 3 buttons in a certain order will flock to the game.

1 Like

Ok, don’t play SP, ele sham is 9 step which essentially consist of use your cooldowns on cooldowns, refresh flame shock, dump maelstrom on earthshock, lightning bolt if you have nothing else.

Aoe rotation, chain lightning, dump maelstrom on earthquake.

Or maybe you could be interested into frost dk, aoe rotation is 4 step, single target one is 6.

Like… I really don’t understand your point, you cherry pick a spec to generalize every single dps in the game.

Plus, I’m pretty sure the rotation is intuitive as it’s probably use certain ability on cooldown, refresh dots and fill with mindflay

Because it’s not.

Sure thing.

I never said boss fights were easier.

Then what exactly do you mean by, “The game has never been easier”?

Classes.

Considering this is a post about class complexity.

So people are saying rotations are more complicated than they used to be?

Do I really need to dig up a vanilla Feral Druid DPS flowchart?

So because rotations have evolved over 18 years means the game isn’t made for casuals?

You understand being casual doesn’t also mean incapable of learning a class rotation right?

But there’s no class complexity in TBCC probably up to cata. MoP was probably peak.

I mean, Feral wasn’t difficult until WotLK…and even feral DPS now isn’t exactly simple.

1 Like

They moved the class complexity to be more obvious. In early wow, you spent more time watching a threat meter, your mana bar, supply of reagents than you did what spells were up.

2 Likes

They did make some classes or specs harder than they used to be and made some a bit easier than they used to be.

Seriously, the best thing about playing TBCC is just how chill playing the classes are.

2 Likes

This really brings it home for me…but times have changed and that’s that.

At the same time, they got rid of downranking (either BC or Wrath), which was just an odd burden of knowledge problem for the player.

My husband tried getting his mother into retail but she just couldn’t get it. Got her into TBCC and she’s learning things a lot better due to how much slower it all is. She dyin’ a lot tho…

2 Likes

Think it was WotLK since we can still do it in TBCC.

Yeah I can’t say I miss down ranking, it was a bit convoluted but at the same time it did get you full rein on your abilities potency.

Lol, just tell her to play a rogue and vanish when sh*t hits the fan

She went mage which is…yeah.