I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

You do realize that’s talking about the vanilla rogue rotation right?

more takes imo snoz, less defense

Hmm? What do you mean?

I didn’t know ease of playing the game translated to wins in arenas. I mean ease of playing applies to everyone right so being around 50% makes sense.

1 Like

See, I could provide a bevy of examples to prove you wrong, but I know where that leads, so I find it better to just laugh at how in denial you are.

1 Like

No i didnt, title said outlaw… vanilla was combat

outlaw with pistols has my heart

Granted the OP did put outlaw under the vanilla line probably because they didn’t play back when it was combat is my guess.

The main discussion has been about comparing rotations between vanilla and SL.

1 Like

i like my 4 button rotation, beats my 3 button rotation

I’m the opposite. I get annoyed if it take 10 different spells to kill a quest mob. I want my individual spells to feel more impactful, not a bunch of weak sauce spells that need to be pressed in a complicated matter.

3 Likes

Yeah I usually uninstall about an hour after getting inundated with tons of chores and confused as to why I have to use a perfect rotation to kill a normal quest mob on my rogue in retail.

Hopefully dragon lands doesn’t require hours of research to play.

1 Like

well 3 or 4 are pretty impactful, not like 10 or 12, imo

My main issue personally is rtb. Remove rtb and outlaw could be a better spec

oof well i can’t argue that snoz, good take

I have every class at max level and have played every spec and have done ok with all of them except shadow priest. I am horrible with shadow priest. I have a 255 ilvl and can only manage like 4k dps.

grats smooth, that sounds like a lotta wow

RTB is really fun imo but upkeep of that AND snd is a pain. snd can be rolled into one of the rtb procs.

What’s your haste at? spriest is real fast and hectic.

i feel like outlaw is meant to be the fun spec, not the mythic spec

Yeah, it’s pretty bad. Of course it was always like this since I started in TBC. Back then instead of icy veins we used the elitist jerks forum. It’s such a shame because I’ve known new, returning, and casual people just give up because there’s nothing in the game that would lead you to getting a proper rotation or priority list of abilities. Seems odd to me that this game has always relied on third party information instead of providing it themselves.

1 Like

OP, I think you’d really enjoy this video.

Wow has been increasing in complexity in order to increase its depth of gameplay and I agree with you, it’s at a point where the game has overly complex rotation.

Another argument against complex rotations is that rotations are meant to be mastered. Once you’ve done a rotation enough times, no matter how complex, it will become mundane. However, how you keep a rotation fresh is by performing it while having to deal with boss mechanics.

Even the vanilla rogue rotations has a ton of room for optimization.

2 Likes