I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

Even if I am grouping with others in regular and heroic dungeons?

Maybe you mean non-guided player or family and friends guided player

Quality of life changes and giving casuals a repetitive but relatively easy path to inferior gear and cosmetics != the game being easier than ever before.

Who is the one that is far off? Who made you the casual representative to say that casuals don’t find harder content appealing? You don’t speak for others, just yourself. Let that sink in.

All I ever said is THIS is how I define casual. It’s about intensity of gameplay. You haven’t refuted that.

For people like me, that play less intense, you know what I define as casual, don’t find more intense content appealing.

If you define someone by being less intense, you can’t really say no they want to be MORE intense

I did, you should read.

See this is the prime example of why I roll my eyes at anyone who wants Combat Rogue back or suggest changes to raid difficulty.

It means that you should only want to maintain Slice and Dice for #1 dps and walk out of puddles for AotC.

lmao.

And yet you keep spewing it, how ironic

I must of gotten to ya really bad with those comments lmao, keep seething

You come across as a really sensitive special snowflake, that’s probably why you play on Moon guard

I think there is that but there is also the fact that most modern rotations rely on data that is not shown front and center to the player without weakauras or custom frames. That to me is downright criminally bad design. There should never be mechanics that aren’t obvious to the user, full stop. If something hurts it should have a telegraph of some sort, if it’s a buff they need to keep up then there should be some clear UI that indicates it’s active or which targets are debuffed. My case in point is BM hunter frenzy stacks; why in heck isn’t there a gauge that is part of the default UI that shows not only the current frenzy stack but the decay I’ll never figure out. That should have been added when the mechanic was added to the class. Anything that is critical to the success of the class should be in the player’s face obvious. This is critical enough I’d literally make sure it gets in 9.2.5 if not a hotfix before that.

3 Likes

Qued content isn’t group content. So yes.

Nope I meant solo player. Because you’re doing solo player content.

1 Like

Easier rotations and dumbing down the game for bad players to under stand yes.

You do realize that just because people play casually doesn’t mean they are bad right?

I want Cata combat back. I just despise the pirate fantasy and even then I could deal if rtb was removed. I just hate rtb

As a casual player myself, I will say that I don’t have any keybinds or addons to help with my gameplay. I have NEVER encountered any gameplay (in non-group content from leveling 1-60 and doing ZM every few days) that has pushed me to learn my rotation correctly on any class beyond the order for the core spells. If I wanted to do endgame croup content, I would set up keybinds and hit a training dummy for a few hours spread over a week and be fine with it.

WoW is easy to get through and not very complex in terms of rotations, the leveling does not teach you the correct way to play because there are no challenges that you have to do that are hard enough to require you to get better at your class.

2 Likes

its not even for new players the leveling to 1-60 is terrible i wouldnt level on retail wow until dragonflight launches when you can by pass shadowlands 1-60…lol.

They derive their challenges from different sources. In vanilla you accumulate power much more slowly, leveling is slower, mobs hit harder and live longer, a lot of specs are clunky and can be either god-tier or awful depending on the situation. The trade-off is easy instanced content mechanics and simple rotations.

Retail is basically the opposite - you can level to 60 in a day or two (without boosting!) If you sit down and just grind it out. Things die faster, questing is super easy, and you get more rewards. But that means most specs have way more complex rotations (not all, though) and mechanics are WAYYY more difficult and punishing.

a minimum rotation will still give decent results for a casual player, who really doesn’t care about charts and meters.

rethink your post and edit to reflect your real concerns…

Just a thought but you should probably learn what a casual actually is before giving advice.

lol…I thought the title might lead me to a ‘we need more casual content’ discussion lol.
Personally, I like it with a bit more to do than not.
One thing about ESO combat is it just too simple/bland. One of the few reasons Im here instead of there.

I have no definition for casual player that fits…

maybe you were addressing OP ?