I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

That’s a choice you made, but doesn’t mean all casuals stick to low-effort, low-skill content. Casuals can do world quests, but they can also part-time/pug raiders or run M+.

MY definition of casual is not part-timers. If you log in and spend a few hours a week working on a rotation, you are not casual that’s a try hard, you just do it part time.

Casuals go yeah that gear is 5 levels better, but this one looks better (before transmog). Maybe we don’t have the best enchants because we don’t care enough to research it anymore. Maybe that’s why we don’t dos hard content - everything required to do it just isn’t worth the price

Easier doesn’t mean easy.

Reading is hard, I said “part-time/pug raiders”. Not part-time gamers.

Do you know of anyone who logs in and spends hours practicing their rotation on a target dummy? What?

Do you even play the game? Enchants cost basically nothing, gems cost basically nothing, there are not even options for enchants for the most part. It is very straight forward.

Casuals and skill are not tied together. If you choose to not do any skill based content, that is your choice. It doesn’t mean someone else who chooses to play skill based content is not a casual.

ROFL I read it you obviously didn’t understand my reply. Pugging is still try hard at content - it’s just for those without the ability to be social and make friends.

Class rotations are in a pretty good spot right now. Even for classes with “hard” rotations, they usually have 1 (or more) specs that are super accessible and yet the actual skill ceiling AND curve of class rotations are still in a very good spot.

Even with easy specs there’s a lot of optimization and the skill curve is usually fairly linear, with very few specs being “play this perfectly, or don’t play this spec”.

I think we’re at the sweet spot for actual spec difficulty. We don’t need every spec to be like StM Priest used to be, but at the same time going back to Classic days where half the specs in the game could be played with a keyboard macro is also no bueno.

The bigger barrier to entry for WoW is a knowledge check, cause even ignoring systems, WoW is almost old enough to drink (in civilized countries at least) and you gotta compete against players who’ve often had over a decade to master the basics, whereas the game goes “hey yeah, kicks are really important at the end-game, but you’re not gunna learn that until you get there LOL”.

You think that’s hard, try FFXIV. I get carpal tunnel just thinking about it. At least WoW isn’t that bad yet.

I agree that it’s too much though. 3 buttons may be a bit low, I think 5 + situationals is the sweet spot. I wish DH had other race options, I’d play one just for the simple rotation.

1 Like

LMAO, how is pugging try hard content. You clearly don’t understand what being a casual is.

Clearly I defined it above, in a few posts. Casual means approaching the game casually. Trying to have fun, not trying to conquer everything.

Again you seem the time to think time played equals casual. If so I am more hardcore than most on here. I play a lot, I just play casually with no clearly defined goals. Some days I just log in and fish in Mulgore for a few hours. Thats casual. A try hard would only do it for the rewards or the achievements

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

People can’t even play the game without you personally attacking them for actually doing the content.

Casual is a combination of multiple factors, playtime being one of them.

You say casuals approach the game “casually” who tries to have fun… That is very vague. Someone who plays “casually” can run M+ “casually” for fun. They can pug raids “casually” for fun. They might not have a dedicated raid schedule, but they can log in and join a pug “casually” for fun.

Your definition of casual is pretty much saying that they are unskilled and cannot do challenging content. It isn’t remotely close to being a tryhard.

Just because you consider yourself to be a casual, does not mean you get to dictate what a casual is for others.

1 Like

My w/l ratio is perfectly fine and I didn’t even know my account was hidden lmao I haven’t used the forums in for ever but I mean obviously I knew you could find my info as I just gave people the answer how to find anyones profile. You linking my profile didn’t do anything as I have over a %50 win percentage at 1979 rating which is perfect for arenas but nice try, you clearly don’t pvp thanks for proving my point. You really thought you did something there. So sensitive and cowardice you have to mute a thread because you can’t handle clap backs xD stay in classic bro. Btw nice hidden profile!.

Use check wow pvp and you can see that I’m not but you can keep your low IQ thoughts if you want. I just don’t like ignorance being spread it’s that simple.

Don’t even sweat it bro they’re just trash players that can’t accept facts lmfao. One has never made it past 1500 and the other one is a classic baby, they’re irrelevant. Maybe they’re the worgens alt since they seem to be sucking him so hard.

You’re not even trying or purposely ignoring things you’re taking out of context as usual.

Ironic because I haven’t been in the wrong. Your troll game is weak. Either that or you’re 12.

Adding one single player doesn’t change the fact that you’re a solo content player.

I’m not. I just find it hilarious that they are all hidden in Alts talking trash.

They probably are his Alts.

It’s funny eluna has no actual comeback other then the false accusation we’re the same person. A quick search in check pvp would show otherwise, just like how I found out about his 1500 hard stuck warlock lol.

This whole post is like someone listened to people complaining about a game they’ve never played, and then regurgitated it in some weird version of “telephone”.

ROFL you are so far off you never even read what I said. Casuals can very easily do harder content it’s just that it doesn’t hold the appeal to them to do the harder content.

Some people like to go for a walk. That makes them happy. It can be a long walk or a short walk - but it’s relatively low intensity.

Other way run a marathon or even just a 100 meter race (raid loggers) but the intensity is there even if the time is less.

Casuals are less intense. It’s not about skill.

If I want to walk and you want to run (do Mythic or raids) I would put you in a completely different category, even if your run is under a minute while my walk may be an hour or two

1 Like