I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

Casual =/= illiterate; they can read their spellbook.

Shadow Priest can easily be simplified for newer players, even if it’s not 100% optimal. Keep dots up, cast Mind Blast on CD, fill with Mind Flay.

Obviously that’s not everything, but a newer player can easily start with that as a base and work in the covenant abilities, cooldowns, and interactions after picking up that base.

1 Like

That’s the beauty of learning and mastery! :slight_smile:

Ill compromise at 5 but if you include my interrupt Ill go as high as 6 but I have to talk to my manager

1 Like

For starters, WoW has always been a skill based RPG. Regardless of how many buttons there were. You were never able to buy the game and “pick it up” immediately. Players always had to learn their class and do some research.

Secondly, stop grouping casuals with bad players. Casuals can do challenging content. Casuals are not stuck to grinding world quests and picking flowers.

1 Like

No he’s not
My alt.

Like seriously stop being so clueless.

You are a minority as far as I can tell. Most people just try to use it to strengthen their argument.

It’s really not, nor is it that hard to grasp, but then difficulty is subjective :man_shrugging:

Or you could be reading far too much into a statement of observation…naahh that never happens 'round here

I am neither of the other posters.

Still spewing rubbish as usual.

Not that I disagree with WoW’s skill floor being too high, it’s basically a sheer vertical cliff.

But I wouldn’t use BC or Classic rotations as a good example of what a rotation should be.

2 Likes

What about those of us who CHOOSE to grind world quests and pick flowers BECAUSE we are CASUALS and not TRY HARDS?

I could do the harder content but I haven’t cared to since hard modes in Cata. I HATE PvP. Raids are not fun nor way enough to overcome the drama that comes with them - and who really cares about a 20 ilevel jump when it’s all gonna be gone next patch anyway?

1 Like

So long as you know that being “casual” isn’t a thing that relates to your skill, you’re good to go.

:+1:

3 Likes

I think it perfectly highlights the hypocrisy in everything that you claim to be.

Nothing I said was even rubbish. You’re still being a terrible troll.

Nothing I said was hypocritical. You have to atleast try my guy.

That makes you a solo player not a casual.

You can’t claim the game is easy when there is so many entry barriers just to play at endgame.

That isn’t an easy game, particularly when there are stories floating around about new players quitting the moment you try telling them the number of multiple systems they have to grind to just to be on par to do endgame in Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I never claimed the game was easy.

If you actually read the thread instead of going full Karen you would see that I clarified I was talking about class rotations.

Understanding systems doesn’t make game play hard.

The fights are more complex but classes nowadays are much easier than in previous times of the game.

Uh huh. Right.

2 Likes

That’s never been a thing. And any game you can master at the start, would be a complete snooze fest. What’s the point if there is no challenge? If you want that experience, go watch TV…

I’ve seen your perspective before. I don’t really need a refresher on how you twist statements whenever you’re clearly in the wrong.

2 Likes

Been through this before. I am a duo player who will ru regular or heroic version of dungeons with LFD. I would run LFR before they put in 1 shot mechanics (wish they could make leveling/story raids like FFXIV)

1 Like