I have the option to download classic but do I need an active sub to play?

I thought you needed an active sub to get into the stress test but I opened the launcher today and I have the option to install classic? Will I be able to play the game? Because I haven’t been subbed for at least 3 months now.

1 Like

do you still have game time on your account? it is possible though, something about an account ‘snapshot’ , heard that from a blue not too long a long when they tried to explain how invites work overall.

You’ll know when the servers come up, oh try launching and see if it loads

1 Like

I haven’t been subbed for months, and I downloaded the classic client and was able to log in and see the realm lists. They were all offline so I guess we will see tomorrow. I would love to try out the game but I refuse to sub just for a beta test so It would be nice to have the opportunity as someone who will resub when classic launches.

2 Likes

Nope no game time. I’ll keep a heads up for when realms are up. Thanks!

Same thing for me! I got really confused and thought I got beta but turns out there’s a big stress test. Looking forward to experience classic!

1 Like

I have the install also. There are offline realms so it’s not playable yet but so what, it makes it more real. How exciting!! :upside_down_face::clap::smiley:

2 Likes

I installed it also but am not holding my breath that I will be able to actually play

Yes you do need game time to play. First time ever that has been required for a beta. Because Blizz = greedy Fs now.

1 Like

Download it and give it a try. What do you have to lose?

That’s really upsetting if true… I have been looking forward to try it out all day today :confused:

I cancelled my sub as i am about to go on vacation, i currently don’t have any game time and it still lets me sign into beta

“Active Account” not active sub, so it looks like anyone can play.

1 Like

Not true, i can play beta and don’t currently have any game time.

Not upsetting at all. Its been announced.

If you get to play . . cool
If not, just pick up some game time if you are afraid of missing out that much. It’s not that expensive.

I do hope you get to play.

You sir might be on to something

Can confirm that Blizzard said it requires an active subscription. Which makes sense, otherwise the servers would just be overloaded as they have no way to know the maximum number of people who might log in.

You don’t need a sub to play retail wow either but after level 21 you do.

The same could apply to the stress test realms (as it works after level 21 on retail realms) but no one will know until those realms come online

There we go. Looks like you might get to play after all.

2 Likes

I hope you get to play. Be patient and keep slamming the server.

1 Like

Well I have 2 things on mine world of warcraft live. Which just today added a wow classic DL to it. And on the in development tab the ptr and beta and stress test wow classic.

Did i get full beta access now or is this just how they are conducting this 3rd test?

edit Ive played the 1st and 2nd stress tests*

Blizzard stated that you do not need BfA, but you DO NEED an active sub.