I have regrets about the Purge of Dalaran

Well I’m a Horde member and even I think not enough blood elves died. A good elf is a dead elf, no matter from what faction.

4 Likes

Agreed, the hunt continues.

1 Like

I mean… if you want to call one ship of drunk pirate Orcs “The Horde” then I guess?

Oh my. I daresay this thread has degenerated into the verbal or textual equivalent of a barroom brawl. I suggest you all cease in your tomfoolery and behave yourselves.

3 Likes

“Don’t do that again Horde, or we’ll end you” .
“It’s ok it was just Sylvanas. Ok Horde, we hate you but don’t do that again.”
“I trust the Horde, they have a council now.”

Soon:

“Oh it was not the Horde’s fault, the Void was manipulating them.”

I mean, even the Gnoll are better than the Alliance at wipping out anyone. :rofl:

2 Likes

It makes for great entertainment at work.

3 Likes

Good.

I’ve always hated how the story bent over backwards to justify the Blood Elves continuing to be part of the Horde. Void Elves were probably one of the most bold and correct decisions Blizzard has ever made regarding races, ripping the band-aid off and saying “Well, not all Blood Elves are idiots”. Silvermoon may still be under control of Horde sympathizers, but that’s perfectly fine and within the sort of tone of the franchise for there to be civil wars within kingdoms and for parts of some kingdoms to make seemingly stupid choices (see: Arathi siding with the Horde during the Second WAr).

The only reason Blood Elves originally joined the Horde was because Horde needed a transfusion of Elf blood to help their cratering player population during late Vanilla and it has been something of a stain on the lore for a long, long time. Granted, I think Blood Knights are really cool and they brought an awesome flavor to the Horde, but they really should have rejoined the Alliance sometime around WOTLK if the game wasn’t beholden to the MMO format (similarly, Sylvanas should have been killed off at the Wrath Gate and the Undead finally put down during Siege of Undercity, but again, MMO).

Actually, side-note, even though Void Elves were a good addition, I’d love to see Blizzard be bold again and actually add High Elves and Mok’Nathal to Alliance and Horde.

3 Likes

No doubt you are entertaining a great many people, but I am concerned this thread will further degenerate into displays of hooliganism and carnage. You appear to have already attracted some ire from several posters.

2 Likes

Hate to break it to you Teldrassil wasn’t a 1000+ years old . It is more like post WC3 Reign of Chaos old .

It was created after Nordrassil was damaged during the battle of Hyjal against the Legion .

It only got as big as it was so fast because Ancients helped accelerate its growth.

3 Likes

I can only hope so.

2 Likes

OK Huck Finn

2 Likes

I am outraged. I have already transcribed several the offending posts I alluded to previously and have half a mind to email the contents to the moderators.

2 Likes

The moderators aren’t likely going to do much, as long as the contention remains within the bounds of faction pride, and outrage based on in-game story events. The very purpose of this game is to play out a world at war…and doing so within a discussion forum causes no real harm, as long as it doesn’t devolve into personal threats.

oh boy this should be good.

Agreed, I see nothing wrong with reveling in the slaughter of Blood Elves.

2 Likes

Feels like, as an ex-Blood elf, that I should take some offense… :dizzy_face:

We maintain a stalemate because Blizzard retcons us into stupidity. Doesn’t change the fact that per lore we DECIMATED (90% destroyed) the Night elf Population. Doesn’t change the fact that Jaina doesn’t have a home anymore. Doesn’t change the fact that 4 guys with torches lit up Stormwind like a bonfire.

2 Likes

Pretty sure she has a home given she is the Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras. :tipping_hand_woman:

2 Likes

A second home maybe shrug Theramores dust.

Also i’m still betting her brother is a time bomb just waiting to blow up.

Which makes no sense to me, since elves live in the forests, not a single tree. Almost like they made-up lore for additional shock value.

1 Like