I hate the NE bias in things

Can they be described as perfectly normal then? :thinking:

:pancakes:

Mulgore is the only zones they have. But it would be a huge win for them if they have as many zones as night elf’s.

3 Likes

To be fair, people do tend to get emotional over things they care about. It’s a normal reaction, I think, when someone tries to tell you that you’re wrong for liking something. And it happens far too often on this forum.

7 Likes

Trust me, being ignored by Blizzard is the best thing. Every time a Night Elf appears in any story written by Blizzard, it’s like they are putting their head in a guillotine. Resulting in a literal character death or figurative character death, where the lore the surfaces from that story utterly ruins the character or even the entire race as a whole.

All the Warcraft races that have some semblance of racial identity are the races mostly ignored by Blizzard. Tauren, Gnomes, Dwarves, Goblins. In hindsight, I wish Night Elf zones just got the same treatment as the TBC starter zones.

1 Like

It’s what fans do. I’ve seen worse in Trek spaces.

So that you can’t fly your hyppogryphs in them?

Clearly WoW’s Story/Lore has become so twisted that it’s now akin to the True Name of a Lovecraftian horror; all who attempt to understand it with their puny mortal minds are driven mad.

3 Likes

Small price to pay to keep Blizzard from ruining my favorite race.

Is there tranport-hippogriff vehicle in the game besides the one that was issued for the War of Thorns?

You mean mount? Several. in fact I picked up my first one from the Cenarians back in the days of Burning Crusade.

Wait, when did Shandris, Malfurion and Tyrande die??

Did I miss a book or quest where the three most prominent night elves died? Did Maiev die too?

4 Likes

Tyrande is going to die in Shadowlands very obviously, and Malfurion was made a neutral character.

I remember when Malfurion buried that Horde Grunt alive neutrally

7 Likes

Source? Or is this purely your headcanon, supported by nothing and contradicted by all the effort put into saving her in the Night Fae campaign?

Then why was he attacking me?

2 Likes

One of the underappreciated elements of BfA actually was the suggestion that even neutral or neutral leaning characters have a limit in terms of what they’ll tolerate before they break their neutrality.

I’d like to see more of that because it makes them feel like actual characters rather than Acme Quest Dispensers designed to half the amount of content Blizzard needs to make

4 Likes

It is absurd the Argent Crusade has never put their foot down regarding the Forsaken.

4 Likes

Just because an NPC isn’t attacking (out of quest neccessity) or isn’t foaming out of themouth with every sentence doesn’t make it “neutral” Malfu rion was anything other than “neutral” during the Darkshore Warfront.

It’s just that blizzard only allows one race spokesman at a time, and for now it’s Tyrande or Shandris.

1 Like

The Crusade IS half Horde you know.

Shut up already.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’d say half. The majority of NPC’s have always seemed distinctly human. And of course, their leader certainly was until fairly recently. I think in the lore, a human is up there again.

That said, members being Horde doesn’t rob them of their morality and reason. It doesn’t make them blind to the huge, rising undead power that’s doing extremely Scourge-like things.

1 Like