I Guess We Now Know Why Every End-Game Pillar Was Timegated

Except it’s not going to drop before the season starts. So by your own logic, is it now not fine?

2 Likes

It’s a lot of changes.

To my eyes, it’s well beyond the normal “extensive rebalancing after release” type of thing, because these are major tree reworks, major new talents, and so on, across the board.

This is more in the realm of class redesign/rework than rebalancing.

I don’t think that means it’s necessarily terrible in all cases, but I think the extent of these does suggest that they released the content ahead of the class changes because the class changes weren’t ready, and they could smuggle in the class reworks under the cover of the anniversary changes, which will lessen the outcry about them.

2 Likes

i don’t think that’s it, i think its pressure from sales/marketing and financial goals. We see this in other software companies too.

They have targets—sales people dont like unfixed release dates–so they get stuff out when they’re told to. Fixes come later --that’s the world we’ve been in for years. Is it great? no! But I understand reigning developers in or you get games like Ashes which have been in Alpha for 200 years.

Sosari - seasons SHOULD be 3-4 months and when I went back and averaged all of the time between seasons (tiers) since Wrath–they still average 4 months–even with outliers like Shadowlands where we were in the first tier for so long that I thought the xpac was over. longer then 4 months is a flat-out FAIL on blizz’s part.

The OP came in with a hard conspiracy theory and then had to backtrack.
My whole point is none of this is that big of a deal.

You people treat a season like a job and it’s sad.
I play the game until it’s not fun, then I stop, like a normal person.

But it is a big deal. It’s a mid-season transformative patch that will change priorities in both talents and stats for some classes.

1 Like

By my own logic none of this matters and the OP treating it like a huge conspiracy was funny and sad.

and? it’s a game, what actual damage does this do to you?

Brother there’s no way you come onto a game forum and say “people taking the game seriously!? nerds!”

2 Likes

That’s not an answer “brother”, nice try though.

It is an answer. Obviously none of this damages anyone, that doesn’t change its impact to the game.

It doesn’t damage you for people to complain about it, either, but here you are desperately defending the multibillion dollar company.

2 Likes

Yeah anyone who doesn’t claim the sky is falling from a freakin patch update must be defending Blizz. Do you even hear yourself?

The result of this is… people change their talents, OH NO.
Grow up please.

Do you?

You keep saying people complaining about it are taking it too seriously, but the “sky is falling” in question is:

Which is pretty true. These are pretty sweeping changes.

Many of them good, even, but this is coming mid season and it feels like whiplash for some of the classes (like mine) that already got sweeping changes.

You’re complaining about people complaining in a thread you’re opting to be in. Please find a mirror at your earliest convenience.

2 Likes

You replied to me, and continue to do so.
I wasn’t the one crying. I simply said it wasn’t a big deal, and it’s not.

Again, nothing happens when they change things.
All you do is copy your talents from a website anyway, lol. The manufactured outrage is so cringe. Find something else to be upset about.

This is a two way street. It takes no effort for me to respond, and I am unbothered by the thread or your presence.

You, on the other hand, are very vocal about your disdain for both.

I don’t even see the outrage you’re talking about. Expressing concerns, discussing the topic, and being generally displeased or pleased do not constitute extremes in either direction.

This will change how a number of classes are played, including my own. Some of us read our talents.

2 Likes

Dude, the OP claims it’s “INSANE” and another guy in this thread keeps saying he’s quitting the game because of it.

There’s plenty of cringe outrage in this thread.
Enjoy reading your talents.

This is your issue? The word insane?

I don’t know or care about creeps who are quitting over it, that’s trolling. Feel free to quote it, though, I asked because I haven’t seen it - I can say individuals are being unreasonable without the whole of what I said being true.

I do. Especially since the utilities you copy from WoWHead or, heavens forfend, Icyveins, are largely wrong for 50% of the dungeons.

2 Likes

Unlike most of you, I just do my own talents and enjoy the game.
I don’t treat it like a job.

Neither do I, but with how much you say this, I have to imagine you think “optimization” is not fun and constitutes it being a job. Thank god I’m not your employer, I’d hate to see what you think hard work is like.

1 Like

lol, the attempt to insult is pathetic.
Go read your talents bud.

Man, you really got me.