I Guess We Now Know Why Every End-Game Pillar Was Timegated

Edit: Looks like these are being lumped into the 20th anniversary changes which will hit mid-season 1. Might not explain the content being time-gated, but still reinforces that the game wasn’t ready and the beta was super rushed.

These PTR changes are absolutely insane and are expansion level changes. This pretty much confirms it to me that all of the timegating was because Blizzard knew behind the scenes that they weren’t ready for the expansion on the release date.

Continuing the discussion from 20th Anniversary Update PTR Development Notes:

20 Likes

There are always massive balancing changes early on.

6 Likes

Not to this degree with completely revamping multiple classes with all new talents all in one go. This isn’t balancing changes, these are full revamps.

26 Likes

Man that’s a list for sure.

8 Likes

Could you imagine if Season 1 started 2 weeks ago and these changes went live mid-season?

3 Likes

It’s not even a long wait.
Doesn’t seem that crazy.

1 Like

Are those not the changes coming for .5 patch?

So they’ll be happening mid season?

1 Like

4 weeks to get into the raid or M+ is unheard of.

Honestly not sure, it could be for the .5 patch, but I doubt they would be posting stuff on the PTR realm that far away this early. S1 didn’t even start yet.

1 Like

Yep. Survival was in an above average state and these new changes will nerf us into the ground. Despite there being multiple bullet points above, basically it boils down to us having far less Wildfire bombs, which is our main aoe ability, and then some other abilities in our rotation getting measly buffs.

If these changes go through, I just won’t play retail any more. I had already taken a nearly 3 year break and came back a couple of months ago.

2 Likes

Sounds like they did the right thing and waited.

1 Like

Well if this is the update for the 20th anniversary…the anniversary is in November, isn’t it? So we’ve got a ways to go before we see this stuff in live.

3 Likes

Sounds like they should have either done their job and had these changes ready to go on release or delayed the launch.

It could be, but Seasons generally last 6-8 months so this hitting mid season will be crazy.

5 Likes

11.0.5 Anniversary patch will go live in a month or month in a half be at the end of October.

1 Like

There were a lot of posts pre-launch by those of us in beta saying that it needed delayed. They did most of the class tuning in the last 3 weeks of beta, which is nowhere near enough time.

Entire guilds have chosen what characters to main and spent all their time since launch focusing on those choices.

Firelands comes out soon in Cata classic and I know my guild will be fine focusing on that if need be.

4 Likes

That’s… a lot of shaman changes.

1 Like

can i have your gold?

2 Likes

Yeah 100% this is a big f u to people who invested time based on how the game was released. Yes, balancing always happens but this is way more than just balancing. Beta was absolutely rushed, as usual.

5 Likes

maybe dont minmax then? seems like a you problem if you based your entire plan on BETA

3 Likes

I am still mad that they are doing nothing to adress the Fire mage’s abysmal DPS in Single Target. I am still coping that they are working on another rework since they couldn’t make all the Living Bomb stuff work, but the copium supply is running low.

1 Like

Reading is hard?

3 Likes